Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Matching Gp3300 with GFX??

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2004, 07:50 AM
Tech Elite

Default Matching Gp3300 with GFX??

Does anyone do this? I can do them because Its cheaper and make my own labels, but are they as good as a company matcher? Just want some info. my friend did them and he got some high numbers at dis 20. if theres another thread to this title Im sorry.
-Ariel Vittini
Old 01-31-2004, 08:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

you can do it.....

but to get stable cells you should cycle them 3 times....
i think it'll take a looooooooooooooong because the turbo gfx can match only cell by each cell....

other thing is zapping the cells......all matchers use their own voltage increasement proccess....
and you'll need a zapper to get higher voltage and lower resistance in the cells.....

Last edited by SalvadoriRacing; 01-31-2004 at 08:12 AM.
Old 01-31-2004, 08:08 AM
Tech Elite

oh ok. thanks for that its too much time consuming... rather pay a little more and better cells
Old 01-31-2004, 11:15 AM
Tech Master

True R/C racing, How many raw cells do you plan on matching?
Old 01-31-2004, 11:20 AM
Tech Elite

i dunno. my friend matched His cells And He uses it for his Mains. Doesnt seem bad. But he doesnt have them in a controlled enviroment i dont think. If the cells Can work just like a Company matched Cells then I will try to do it, if not then i wont waste my time. I can get like 6 Cell GP3300 for like $29.99 which is about 1/2 cost of gp3300 (fukuyama, Kinetix, etc.)
Old 01-31-2004, 05:54 PM
Tech Adept

Doing your cells one at a time would take FOREVER!!!

If you are buying unmatched packs, they have quite possibly been through the matching process and didn't make the cut to get into a matched pack. The real key to matching batteries is going through a LOT of cells and finding those with similar characteristics. It is also better to buy them in unbroken cases so you know the cells haven't been checked already.

Your best bet is to buy from a reputable matcher and pay the couple extra bucks. You don't need to buy the best packs, especially for club racing.
Old 01-31-2004, 06:00 PM
Tech Elite

i do buy Matched packs from like SMC but It seemed cheaper yea my friend baught like 60 cells and matched them with gfx.
Old 01-31-2004, 08:55 PM
Tech Regular

Buy from the big matchers then at the end of the season take apart your packs and cycle then with your GFX and then you can rematch them. That way you will know what cells are still good to race with and what to use for practis.
Old 01-31-2004, 11:19 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by True R/C Racing
i do buy Matched packs from like SMC but It seemed cheaper yea my friend baught like 60 cells and matched them with gfx.
Whoa, 10 packs? one cell at a time?! he must have had that thing next to his bed.
Old 01-31-2004, 11:35 PM
Tech Master

Default Suggestions

Ok, here's a suggestion that might work but no guarantees. Find an old discharger, ditch all the resistors and diodes and reconnect all the contacts so it's in SERIAL and true, then you can charge 6 cells at a time, then use the GFX to discharge one cell at a time. Saves tons of time!

*DISCLAIMER* GFX is not a Turbomatcher therefore the numbers are not reliable. Do this at your own risk and make sure you understand electronic circuitry along with any electrical experiences. This may be used only as an experiment and is not intended for one to become a matcher just because you can probably do 5 times as fast. Also, since it is NOT done in an enviromentally control lab, you risk ruining the good cells as well as fire hazards and the numbers again will not be as accurate. Have fun but please don't hurt yourself or others!*/DISCLAIMER*
Old 02-01-2004, 07:15 AM
Tech Elite

hmm, yea i see wat u saying. maybe i will give it a try. or maybe save money upon us 3 people (crew) buy a Turbo matcher or two of them and Do matching. If I can do it Right It will save me money in the long run.