Search
Like Tree1Likes

R/C Tech Live @ the 2004 Trinity/Car Action Snowbird Nationals

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2004, 12:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by futureal
[B] There was even someone jumping his oval car across (read: into) one of the hotel pools.

I didn't have a long enough run at it. However, next year I will make it!!!
Old 02-10-2004, 12:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

A Main panorama

Last edited by J.Filipow; 07-24-2008 at 08:56 AM.
Old 02-10-2004, 12:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I think this sums up my Birds!! I was leaving for work today and my wife looked at me and said "you look like CRAP-maybe you should go back to sleep instead of to work"

Then she said "Dont fall asleep driving to work"

I would like to say the race was run exceptionally well-Amazing considering the number of entries.

If I were to offer any rules changes for 2005-hahaha-and I will-these three are at the top of my list.

4mm ride height for On-Road Sedan.
4 qualifiers and reshuffle after second run-not first.
black flag to intentional hacking or drivers who wont move over in IFMAR qualifying.
Old 02-10-2004, 12:47 PM
Tech Elite

I agree 100% on the ones that will not move over or the hacking. Friends were telling me to just punt the people when you get up on them and they will not get out of your way. While I am not the cleanest driver I was able to turn 25 5:03 in the club race and during the quals and main I barley got 23 laps..most of the time breaking because someone would slam me.
Old 02-10-2004, 12:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by mike_Webb
I agree 100% on the ones that will not move over or the hacking. Friends were telling me to just punt the people when you get up on them and they will not get out of your way. While I am not the cleanest driver I was able to turn 25 5:03 in the club race and during the quals and main I barley got 23 laps..most of the time breaking because someone would slam me.

I "think" I am extremely courteous-to the point of screwing myself so being hacked over and over was hard to take.

Ray
Old 02-10-2004, 01:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Yeah Ray... I knew it was gonna be tough, when hardly anyone would give way... even in practice. The black flag rule would be nice.
Old 02-10-2004, 01:04 PM
Tech Elite

Default Next Year.....

Well I suggested, and Mike agreed, that next year we can use practice times (average the best 25 laps or something) to seed people for qualifying.

Also, I think mandatory personal transponders, the race directors (Ken and Dave) would love it.

Last edited by RC Scoring Pro; 02-12-2004 at 09:51 PM.
Old 02-10-2004, 01:08 PM
Tech Elite

Default Website Updated

This is a shameless plug for my website. I added a few pictures for those of you that didn't make it to Orlando.

Also one .PDF file of a close race that AutoSnore showed as a tie, but I see Scotty Ernst of Trackside eaked out second place by .003 seconds.

RC Scoring Pro
Old 02-10-2004, 01:11 PM
Tech Elite

i think breaking up the format to two seperate events like a speed week of the sort would be great like say :
sat open practice
sun control practice
mon 2 rounds or maybe 3 of qualifying
tues 1 round and or the mains
wed open practice
thur control practice
friday 2 or three rounds of qualifying
sat 1 round of qualifying and or the mains.

you could also split up wednesday as a half day or leave it as a day of break so if there are guys running oval or road course visa versa can run both types of racing with out committing suicide!

what do you guys think. plus it would allow for more entries because its split.
Old 02-10-2004, 01:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Next Year.....

Originally posted by RC Scoring Pro
Well I suggested, and Mike agreed, that next year we can use practice times (average the best 25 laps or something) to seed people for qualifying. There was a kid racing oval and the other drivers were yelling at him to get off the track. He wasn't bad, but still over a second a lap slower. Really not fair to have 2 qualifers with 1 or 2 beginners. Resort after every round.

I thought the OnRoad *HAS* to have a 2nd resort. Look at what happened to Paul LeMieux. He broke in 1st qualifier of 19 turn and mod, then he had to race 2 qualifiers with a few fast guys, and some much slower cars. Pretty tough to get to the A from the last qualifier (he made it, at #10. Beat Cyrul by .01). Your best bet if you are doing lousy in your first run is to pull it in. Then you may be in the worst race, with maybe just 3 or 4 cars, since all the others will have 10 cars. The slowest Mod race had 4 cars.

Also, I think mandatory personal transponders. Too many delays with the wrong loaner. There was one Oval main where 7 of the 10 drivers had loaners. Some were from rack 1, and 1 was from rack 2. So the race director has to see why the numbers don't line up.

As for ride height, it should be super high so I can race my Kinwald buggy, it would handle the track when it gets rough.

I agree,at a race of this magnitude,qualifying makes total sense,we use to do a three lap qualifying run to sort fast from slow and it works great and keeps those that aren't up to snuff with equal level racers as for personal transponders you shouldn't even attempt a race of this size without one.
Old 02-10-2004, 02:03 PM
R/C Tech Founder

We should do it like full scale, best single lap haha

Anyway, I arrived back home this morning at about 6 AM. Long drive!

I'll do the pictures as soon as I have the chance. Thanks everybody...
Old 02-10-2004, 02:03 PM
Tech Master

it needs to go to a worlds type schedule asap!

after the on road racing is over the track needs to have the carpet replaced and allow trhe oval heads to have a fresh track to race on. if mike is going to allow more and more entries every year it would be nice to split the oval and on-road up into 8 days. and frsh carpet would rock!
Old 02-10-2004, 02:31 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by UCHEATULOSE
it needs to go to a worlds type schedule asap!

after the on road racing is over the track needs to have the carpet replaced and allow trhe oval heads to have a fresh track to race on. if mike is going to allow more and more entries every year it would be nice to split the oval and on-road up into 8 days. and frsh carpet would rock!
wow me and the fish actuaklly agree on something.
Old 02-10-2004, 03:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

In What Year will Rick Talbot decide to Stop running in stock? I mean come on you run stock and in and Expert class. Grow up and let the non- sponsored drivers have a run at it
Old 02-10-2004, 03:44 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Rick runs whatever class he wants to. There are no rules saying he cant run stock. That is the class he wishes to run and not fool with open Mod... If you look at it from another view maybe all those hacks that ran mod and didnt need to be when are they going to realize they need to grow up and go back where they belong.??..Its a two sided street. Talbot is not unbeatable....19 year old Adam brown absolutely dominated the race and qualifiying....

Work on your car and dont worry about who is racing what!!

ea

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.