Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
R/C Tech Live @ the 2004 Trinity/Car Action Snowbird Nationals >

R/C Tech Live @ the 2004 Trinity/Car Action Snowbird Nationals

Like Tree1Likes

R/C Tech Live @ the 2004 Trinity/Car Action Snowbird Nationals

Old 02-09-2004, 07:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

futureal--I'll be bringing my camera to carpet nats to snap some shots for rctech. Mabey you can get a little more sleep then.
Old 02-09-2004, 09:10 PM
Tech Adept

Wonder if there is any chance of a brushless class next year. With only 700 racers I am sure they can fit another class in somewhere
Old 02-10-2004, 04:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Track- I can not make the carpet nats as to missing too much school already but I will be at the 4th leg of the triple crown at Trackside in 2 weeks
Old 02-10-2004, 07:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Thank you Futureal

Good job,

I think you were in my Sportsman 19T main. After we done I was looking for you, didn't get a chance to thank you for doing this personally.

Again, thanks.
Old 02-10-2004, 07:55 AM
Tech Regular

Kinda off topic ..... I just noticed that Shane is writing for Xtreme RC CAR magazine . good job
Bob
Old 02-10-2004, 09:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

There were 800+ ENTRIES, I think 830 was the number I was quoted. They had a few no shows, but pretty much every one of those slots were filled up by the waiting list. The mains ended up running around 2 hours behind, I don't see how they can add a brushless class unless they moved the 1st qualifier to thursday and then opened practice a day or two later.

Later EddieO
Old 02-10-2004, 10:09 AM
Tech Elite

Default Wrap up!

I didn't read all 20 pages of this thread, so if there is some repeat info here - sorry!

Cyrul had to go to New Jersey for some RC legal trouble (thanks to Trinity) at the last minute, so he drove from New Jersey to Orlando.

Heiser had a stack of new battery packs and electronics sitting next to his chassis. Only the chassis was stolen. So I think somebody stole it so he could not race.

David Lee also had his car stolen.

I recorded 230,502 laps with my software. Jamie Tennies logged 1465 laps, which is 46.6 MILES. Get some sleep!

Sobottka was awesome, I think he had a little problem with lappers that cost him a spot in the A. He came from 10th in the B and was .3 seconds out of first when a lapper crashed him in the main. He made up 3-4 seconds in the last 2 laps and probably would have won if the race went 1 more lap. Definitely would have won if the lapper hadn't hit him.

Some Foreign drivers drive differently than US drivers. No pulling over if you are being lapped. Brad Johnson was on a TQ run when Hudy Sr. took him out with 2 laps to go. The crowd booed loudly after that.

Brad kept it clean in the main and took the win. Awesome. He deserved it. He has had enough bad luck at the other big races.

So for 3 consecutive years a www.Trackside.com driver has won the 19 turn race (Scotty, Timmy, Brad). Next year it will be Scotty again. Scotty drove well and had top 5 finishes. Timmy hated his setup of his loaner car at first, but got it going great later. He also won his mod main on the last lap.

Paul LeMieux is unbelievable. He raced the club race with a completely new setup. Remember that with Oval practice, etc, sometimes you made changes to the car and had no practice with it, just go straight to your heat. He was a 2 wheels in EVERY corner. I think he missed TQ by a second or two. Any normal racers would have rolled that car 10+ times. He made the A main in mod by .01 (I will have to look to get the exact time). He then started last in the A and made it to the front. Awesome. He said he ripped it too hard getting to the front and had no battery left in the last 2 laps.

Matt Francis is a cool guy and had his car working. He was the class of 19 turn, and could have won mod too. Kinwald had a shot at winning too, but broke.

Some nice older guy sat next to me for about 10 hours between Saturday and Sunday. He introduced himself as Gil Losi. Anybody ever heard of him ? Super nice guy and he told me a lot of cool stories.

Trackside put 3 drivers in the 4 cell Stock main, Jamie Tennies, Corey Heft and Mike Steineke. Congrats. I don't put much stock in the oval results, because these guys worked so hard getting their cars working on a relatively smooth track, then the humidity came up and the boards under the track warped and made the oval more like a dirt oval. I felt bad for everybody involved, especially Mike Boylan because it wasn't something that could have been predicted. They did the best they could, then ran TapCons into the floor below. It made it better, but it was still a drastic change from earlier in the week. The daytime temps in Orlando went from 80+ on Tuesday to 55 or so later in the week.

I have tons of race results with cool printouts with position graphs available if Shane wants to post them. Not sure why he never asked for practice times, or why I never offered them.

The race was a complete blast, and if you have never been there, go next year. Bring plenty of Mountain Dew, you will need it. I slept maybe 3 1/2 hours a night. Mike Steineke looked like a racoon by Friday. Very hard worker.

Special Thanks to Mike and the track crew, Scotty and Jamie for loaning me their cars so I could buy printer ink, etc., Mike Steineke for picking up the dinner tab Sunday night, Rafael Angulo for driving me to RPM Speedway (the place is awesome, a new thread will need to be started for this), and for driving me to the airport. He lives 5 minutes from the track.

OK, I have a lot of work to do, so more later!
Old 02-10-2004, 10:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 171 (100%+)

What about me that nice guy from Brooklyn..
Old 02-10-2004, 10:28 AM
Tech Master

Thumbs up THANKS!!!!

I want to thank everyone for their support of the race and expecially Shane from RCTECH. It is great to have someone covering the event so we can concentrate on the race itself. It was a wild week. I hope everyone had some fun and some good racing.... I slept 13 hours last night. I woke up wondering what race was up :-)
Old 02-10-2004, 10:32 AM
Tech Elite

Default Oh yea....

Oh, and George from New York (or Nuuu Yoke) if you throw in the accent hung out with me. Thanks George! And he got me a Trinity T Shirt, that I am already wearing.

And he brought me breakfast too. Next year I am going to try for a new hat.
Old 02-10-2004, 12:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Literally seconds after the Pro Mod A Main win, Jared Scott congratulates his X Ray teammate, Ralph Burch, on the win.

Last edited by J.Filipow; 07-24-2008 at 08:57 AM.
Old 02-10-2004, 12:18 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Wrap up!

Originally posted by RC Scoring Pro

Paul LeMieux is unbelievable. He then started last in the A and made it to the front. Awesome. He said he ripped it too hard getting to the front and had no battery left in the last 2 laps.
Paulie in the lead while Burch is on the charge...Pro Mod A Main.
Old 02-10-2004, 12:19 PM
Tech Master

Pro Mod A

Old 02-10-2004, 12:21 PM
Tech Master

Matt Francis led the A for several laps...Ralph charged and managed to get around him.

Old 02-10-2004, 12:23 PM
Tech Elite

nice pics

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.