R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-13-2004, 01:50 PM   #751
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I want to give a big thumbs up to Superior Hobbies. They set up one heck of a nice hobby shop in a Hotel Room. Their inventory was better than 90% of the permanent hobby shops I've been to...LOL!

AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 02:01 PM   #752
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

That's in a Hotel Room?
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 02:09 PM   #753
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Yup...and they set it up/tore it down in one day!
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 02:53 PM   #754

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to StephenSobottka

Yea It was an awesome shop. Got all the stuff you needed, can ne one say foam tires? lol
Old 02-13-2004, 07:35 PM   #755
Tech Rookie

Default Superior

If you ever get the chance check out superoir's store in or on casselberry near orlando. The place will make your jaw drop, you name it they got it!
HMS80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 07:49 PM   #756
Tech Fanatic

after hearing about there free shipping if you mention the snowbirds deal, i went to give that a go, and there changing there webpage, nice timing, lol.
pro3racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 09:45 PM   #757
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by J.Filipow
futureal- Congrats Editor! You did it...managing 500+ JPEGS and editing them down to the best few. Thanks for allowing me to help out, it was a blast and a few of the shots are really dope. This is probably one of my favorites, I think it was Matt's TQ 19T run in the final round. Anyway...congrats on all the work; great job!

TBat007- Shooting the 'action' part event was really difficult...not only were the conditions (indoor, low light, on road/oval) not particularly photogenic, the photographers were very limited by positions/vantage points available and camera mounted flash. The use of flash was absolutely necessary, but it needed to be aimed AWAY from the drivers stand (not to blind anyone)...the rear-curtain sync and a slow shutter speed are probably the trick to a few of my decent shots. I am also using a high-end digital 35 SLR, so I would imagine getting any of this stuff with a point and shoot digital would be pretty tough. (I am really looking forward to seeing some of Derek Buono's images in print, some of the action stuff he shot was great).

Eek the pressure. I'm never a fan of indoor action. It's like trying to shoot a fly in a garbage can. Since I know the pictures are going to stink (film doesn't help one bit, our digital cameras can go up to 1200 on the ISO, but the picutures will be super sandy looking) so I alter my style to be more of an intentional blur and streak. I'm far from a pro so it seems to work for me.

Jay, it was nice to meet you there. Next time give me your cell number so you can come to the local Hooters, lol. I have way better pictures of the chicks there than the action shots.
Old 02-13-2004, 10:22 PM   #758
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by AdrianM
I want to give a big thumbs up to Superior Hobbies. They set up one heck of a nice hobby shop in a Hotel Room. Their inventory was better than 90% of the permanent hobby shops I've been to...LOL!
ooooooooooo...eeeeeeeeeeeee...

Let me behind that counter!
Old 02-13-2004, 10:35 PM   #759
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

the biggest thing is getting close so that the flash is effective. I try to take pictures in qualifing or practice. like these

http://www.nashrcracer.com/tristate2.../round1_25.htm

http://www.nashrcracer.com/tristate2.../round1_26.htm
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 11:05 AM   #760
Tech Addict

Hey Shane:::Any luck on getting a list of racers and their cars/equipment/sponsors list posted sometime soon ?
jeepnyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 12:40 PM   #761
R/C Tech Founder

Still waiting on that. I'll harass Derek some more next time I see him online.

Meanwhile, everyone's planning on becoming an rctech subscriber, right? haha I just took a look at my latest server bill... hurting!
Old 02-14-2004, 01:24 PM   #762
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default bored

no racing going on locally so I'm bored and figured I'll take some of the back roads around the net. our fearless leader! so serious!

RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 03:35 PM   #763
R/C Tech Founder

See, you posted that and it killed any and all discussion.

And man, now that I look at it again, I do look a lot younger there. I think that picture is about 5 or 6 years old now. I feel old.

Last edited by futureal; 02-14-2004 at 04:25 PM.
futureal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 04:11 PM   #764
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to lmunno

Shane, It was great to meet you! You did an outstanding job covering the Snowbirds Sleep Deprivation Marathon. Thanks for the great pics of Yoda, Toni - Racer_Chick did run the body after the concourse and it still looks pretty good for the abuse it took.
lmunno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 04:42 PM   #765
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by futureal

Meanwhile, everyone's planning on becoming an rctech subscriber, right? haha I just took a look at my latest server bill... hurting!
After a very succesful coverage of the "Bird".......worldwide audiences.....your advertiser should be extremely happy with the exposure....I bet, the number of hits on your website must have tripled this past 2 weeks....that should justify.....rate increase...

Oh yeah....how do you become a RcTech subscriber?
jeepnyy is offline   Reply With Quote