Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

R/C Tech Live @ the 2004 Trinity/Car Action Snowbird Nationals

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2004, 03:54 PM
R/C Tech Founder

If the software is ready, I'd love to see RC Scoring Pro used at the Snowbirds next year as the official software. I heard great stuff about it all weekend from all sorts of people, including some big names in the industry.

On the track condition, that is no one's fault, it just happens. They've never had that problem at the 'Birds before and I'm sure they'll do whatever they can to prevent it from happening next year.
Old 02-11-2004, 04:05 PM
Tech Elite

I agree with a lot being said. in the Club Race I turned 25 5:03 (and I got put into the net on the sweeper). I was in the D qualifier for the first Qualifier. 2 people weighed in ahead of me and their tires were not trued and one kid had about 9-10mm of rideheight (he is the one that took me out while I was putting him 2 laps down and breaking me). I was originally in the B qualifier but after they reshuffled everything at 3am I was in the D with a lot of Bad drivers in 19 turn Sportsman. I wondered what I did to be put into that qualifier in the first place

Personal transponders are a must. That way they can look at lap times and put the people in a appropriate qualifier. IF you don't have a personal transponder then you are put in with all the hacks..plain and simple.

You need to have 3-4 officials watching the race. They have to be calling out not only the leaders but the people in 2nd and third place also. A lot of these people that Hack have to have their cars marshaled. If they are hacking or not getting out of the way of the faster cars then you pull their car. Sure it is not that fair but there are people coming long distances to do good and have fun. I know of one guy that said he is not coming back because the drivers there are rude and all they wanted to do was break others cars.

I know I was not having fun fixing my car after every qualifier. It came to the point that when the same guy broke me for the 2nd and 3rd qual in Stock I was waiting for the guy to come around so that I could take him out but I figured that would be really bad and I would probably not be able to race anymore down there for doing that. I just think something needs to be done. Last year I was in the C main in stock and 19 turn. This year I was in the E and G mains. My qualifying for the club race would have put me in the top 15 in 19 turn.
Old 02-11-2004, 04:11 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Think about this?

What does all the sponsored drivers think about it? I've been reading alot of good idea's. Now granted I couldn't make it down there but I did hear about it. So if any of the factory drivers are reading this thread, lets hear your input?

I've only met Mike Boylan one time in Jax at FCCR. To me, he seem's like the type of person that will correct what happened this year.
Old 02-11-2004, 04:11 PM
Tech Elite

You're the best UCHEATULOSE, the Best (You have to sound like Kenny Banyon on Seinfeld when you say this).

Originally posted by UCHEATULOSE
not pointing a finger at anyone i'm just venting some. but i think it's too large of an event to run both types of cars in 4 days now. either that or limit the entries to 500. thanks to rc scoring pro those who used personal transponders logged 250,000 laps in 6 days time. add to that the guys who do not own a personal and you might have around 300,000 laps in 6 days ..that is just too many laps for the carpet to handle. crazy stuff for sure..by the way the rc scoring software is a must have item for any track! it just rocks plain and simple. i know i sat in front of the monitor and watched laps on the oval for a hour or so..very cool stuff.. [/B]
Old 02-11-2004, 04:15 PM
Tech Elite

Brad Johnson said he heard Losi Jr. drooling over it. Now if I could just get a recording of it.....

I gave Pops Losi a earful a few times, all in fun. He clapped a little when Baker was introduced, and more when Kinwald was introduced. I said "Hey - what was that all about ?"

Originally posted by futureal
If the software is ready, I'd love to see RC Scoring Pro used at the Snowbirds next year as the official software. I heard great stuff about it all weekend from all sorts of people, including some big names in the industry.

On the track condition, that is no one's fault, it just happens. They've never had that problem at the 'Birds before and I'm sure they'll do whatever they can to prevent it from happening next year.
Old 02-11-2004, 04:36 PM
Tech Master

Does anyone have the results of the mains with all driver "Stats" like car type, radio, body, and all that good stuff. You had it for Cleveland or what ever the last race I went to was. It was extrememly helpful. I know the officials asked for all of it, but they didn't announce any of it.

Another HUGE, AND I MEAN HUGE advantage to RCscoring, is it shows IFMAR qualifying order during the heat, based on driver pace. The announcers kept calling the wrong cars in the lead. It's not totally their fault, the software they used isn't as dialed as rcscoring pro. Sitting in the pits taking with pro drivers, that makes a huge difference how they drive. Them not being called in the top 3 or 4 show them they are off pace, when in reality, their car is on a different spot on the track than the people with more laps, so the slower guys show on the top of the screen. This makes the annoucer call the wrong leader all day. It drove me quietly nuts.
Old 02-11-2004, 04:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 171 (100%+)

Charlie Whats up and how you doin!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-11-2004, 05:15 PM
Tech Elite

Especially when they did a resort after round 1, LeMieux started last in his heat, but was really winning, so when he crossed the line it showed him in 1st, then as each car crossed AS showed him dropping a spot till he hit last. Then he crossed the line and he was back in the lead. All the people watching my screen saw that he had over a 4 second lead and was listed in 1st place from the 1st lap on. Many races the announcer Dave said "Too close to call...". I knew who was winning, and by how much. And AS also somethines shows the leader as being 3 seconds out of the lead. And AS also shows the pace of the leader, but it isn't showing the true leader, so the guys driving get juked by hearing the wrong pace being announced. He will say "Leaders pace is 18/5:02", but the real leader is on a 25 lap run. They really need to resort after every round.

Originally posted by Charlie
Another HUGE, AND I MEAN HUGE advantage to RCscoring, is it shows IFMAR qualifying order during the heat, based on driver pace. The announcers kept calling the wrong cars in the lead. It's not totally their fault, the software they used isn't as dialed as rcscoring pro. Sitting in the pits taking with pro drivers, that makes a huge difference how they drive. Them not being called in the top 3 or 4 show them they are off pace, when in reality, their car is on a different spot on the track than the people with more laps, so the slower guys show on the top of the screen. This makes the annoucer call the wrong leader all day. It drove me quietly nuts.
Old 02-11-2004, 05:18 PM
Tech Rookie

Did anyone get pictures of Todge or Dirt cars on track?
Old 02-11-2004, 05:36 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Originally posted by Charlie
Does anyone have the results of the mains with all driver "Stats" like car type, radio, body, and all that good stuff. You had it for Cleveland or what ever the last race I went to was. It was extrememly helpful. I know the officials asked for all of it, but they didn't announce any of it.
Yea, I am getting it from Derek at XRC, I meant to grab the sheets and type them before I left but both Derek and I ran out of time. It will go up there in a few days I hope.

I am going to try to get the sponsor/equipment info for all races that I attend now. It's another one of those pet peeves of mine, back in the day when I could never find out what people were running. I think that's half the fun (and why else would they send these guys to race, anyway).
Old 02-11-2004, 05:37 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Originally posted by T-Main
Did anyone get pictures of Todge or Dirt cars on track?
Yes I will have some of both (scroll up a-ways for Kinwald's car on the track).

Also, on the heat issue... no one got hosed on the heats more than me. I was a full lap faster in the club race than I was in stock qualifying, and that was with a 5-second marshal job. In stock, I broke the first round, got literally punted off the track and broken after the resort, and it was all I could do to turn in a 23 lap run in the third qualifier in the heat I was in. It was just sad!
Old 02-11-2004, 05:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

hey, that was my problem at my local track this last week. I started 4th in the main, made it up to 2nd in one lap, but was still in 3rd place, then i passed the leader, i was in first on the track, but 2nd on the computer. Then since i thought i was in 2nd after we started lapping guys, i was pushing hard, so i made a mistake, went from 1st to 3rd, then when i was back in 2nd, i was in 4th on the computer. then because of a driver going to wide in a corner, the counter was counting him twice, and he went from 4th to 1st with out passing a car. I ended up in 3rd, and i was pissed, i still am pissed, because in the 2nd heat(we only run 2), i was on tq time for 3/4 of the race, and i was leading the main for about 2 minutes, but my awsome setup, hard work, and money was all lost because of a computer error, and i ended up 3rd, which screwed me, when i should have won. Our track spends the money on the amb system, but when the 2000 dollar system fails, it isn't right.
Old 02-11-2004, 05:56 PM
Tech Master

r/c scoring pro....call me katf1sh the ucheatulose thing was from a long time ago..come to think of it mr. angulo shook my hand on my tq run..anything can happen i guess. one day hector will own a oval car and come race with us....well i can wish cant I? lol
Old 02-11-2004, 06:24 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally posted by futureal
Yes I will have some of both (scroll up a-ways for Kinwald's car on the track).
Thx. I seen that one. His car is buried in that picture by another car..

Last edited by T-Main; 02-11-2004 at 06:37 PM.
Old 02-11-2004, 07:13 PM
Tech Addict

Does anyone have a list of all winners with their respective car, speedo, batteries...sponsors ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.