R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-08-2004, 12:50 PM   #451
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

2 questions, ignore me if these were answered anywhere on the first 15 pages.

1. single or triple a-mains? (assuming by results single).

2. how clean were the mains? i noticed sedan mod a was over a lap off tq, and 12th scale was 2+ laps (about 25 seconds) off tq which is huge.
gee-dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 12:56 PM   #452
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to WVRACER

someone posted earlier that said the carpet was breaking down and times where suffering

Rob
WVRACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 12:57 PM   #453
R/C Tech Founder
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

The track is disintegrating and it wreaked havoc with the 12th scale cars. If you look in the results file, it shows that Blackstock missed a lap -- he hit a bump heading on to the straightaway and literally did a wheelie the entire way down, causing his transpondor to miss the loop. It is nuts.

Single mains at the Snowbirds. If they ran triples, we'd be here for another week!
Old 02-08-2004, 01:00 PM   #454
R/C Tech Founder

And on the Sportsman/Expert 19T classes: it's really an odd division, because *most* of the guys running stock run sportsman, with a few running expert. Meanwhile, all of the pro mod guys run 19T expert as a second class. You can't really fault anyone from stock for running sportsman 19, as a lot of the faster guys were running it.
Old 02-08-2004, 01:02 PM   #455
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to trackdesigner71 Send a message via Yahoo to trackdesigner71

Just got a second look at the results and a BIG salute to our fair leader futureal! 5th place in the B not bad amigo, not bad at all. how was the race for ya?
trackdesigner71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 01:03 PM   #456
Tech Regular

Whats up btwn Kinwald and Baker, at the end of the 1/12 mod a-main Baker seemed pretty mad, and it Baker break kinwald intentionally or by accident?
TC3er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 01:07 PM   #457
Tech Regular

he got hit in cleveland by aushie (spelling) and was really mad also his carpet this year has been a bad experence it seems to me

Quote:
Originally posted by TC3er
Whats up btwn Kinwald and Baker, at the end of the 1/12 mod a-main Baker seemed pretty mad, and it Baker break kinwald intentionally or by accident?
Old 02-08-2004, 01:07 PM   #458
R/C Tech Founder

Quote:
Originally posted by trackdesigner71
Just got a second look at the results and a BIG salute to our fair leader futureal! 5th place in the B not bad amigo, not bad at all. how was the race for ya?
I had a good start but on the second lap Stephen and I were going side by side through the bumpy section of the track (see above about the track falling apart) and he bounced into me and I got hung up on a board, I think we were like 3-4 at the time. I lost about half a lap waiting for a marshal, so that was really the end of my contention. I kept it going well for awhile but I barely touched a board later on (my own dumb mistake) and my left front suspension ended up in the back of the car. I was 4th at the time.

Overall I am pretty embarrassed by my racing performance lately, there was no reason I couldn't have been way further up in stock and in the show in 19T. My car was super fast in practice and I just let fatigue and apathy take over near the end and pretty much stopped working on the car. Oh well. I'll try harder at the ROAR nats.

Thanks again for all the support of R/C Tech, everybody!
Old 02-08-2004, 01:09 PM   #459
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by trackdesigner71
heck you can't be mad at that great job Shane. and to think he did that with a world of racers wanting info from him 24/7. you must be very tired
Old 02-08-2004, 01:12 PM   #460
R/C Tech Founder

Yea, I've been told I look not-so-good right now. I'm not feeling too hot either. haha

I should have mentioned before that I think Lemieux had the run of the day by far. He went from 10th to 1st in the Mod A main and it looked like Burch just out motored him at the end. Neither one made any major mistakes, and Burch made a clean pass and then gained in the straightaway. But watching Paul get up there was great, he had an awesome run.
Old 02-08-2004, 01:15 PM   #461
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to trackdesigner71 Send a message via Yahoo to trackdesigner71

Shane, I dont think you answered my question about bodies. I know the Protoform Speed 12 was there but what was popular in the onroad classes? Oval pretty much boils down to a small scale version of Dodge vs. Pontiac vs Chevy vs Ford
Old 02-08-2004, 01:19 PM   #462
R/C Tech Founder

In touring it was all about the Parma Alfa, although there was at least one of everything everywhere. Plenty of Protoform and Losi Alfas, the Protoform Mazda 6, Losi Skodas, and of course plenty of Stratuses. But the Parma Alfa probably was the "it" body.

I couldn't tell you about oval bodies. Hopefully someone will come on soon who raced it and knows more than I do.
Old 02-08-2004, 01:22 PM   #463
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by futureal
In touring it was all about the Parma Alfa, although there was at least one of everything everywhere. Plenty of Protoform and Losi Alfas, the Protoform Mazda 6, Losi Skodas, and of course plenty of Stratuses. But the Parma Alfa probably was the "it" body.

I couldn't tell you about oval bodies. Hopefully someone will come on soon who raced it and knows more than I do.
Good stuff. so I take it you dont know much about the 1/12 "body wars" I think I listed a bunch earlier in the thread (Ascari, CEFX LMP, Trinity LMP, Protoform Speed 12, Protoform Speed 8, Trinity Speed 9, etc.)
Old 02-08-2004, 01:26 PM   #464
Tech Rookie

are they running Amains first or last
GaOvalRacin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 01:32 PM   #465
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by STLNLST
Sportsman classes are suppose to be for the novice to average type racers. It wouldn't be fair to have fully sponsored drivers signed up in a sportsman class. If I ever saw Alex Lopez in a sportsman class at a race I'd protest. These guys normally run expert stock and make the main on a national level so for them to be in sportsman wouldn't be fair to some. Just my $0.02
I know Brad is usully at the front too. I was just wondering if there was any real criteria for making the choice.

Last edited by Brian Anthony; 02-08-2004 at 01:50 PM.
Brian Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote