R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-07-2004, 08:46 AM   #316
Tech Fanatic

hey shane, how about a pic or two of the winghouse chicks they have on there website, just a consideration. Okay, where does josh live, i never figured that out?
pro3racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 08:56 AM   #317
Tech Initiate

Josh lives in Michigan I think. Dont know what town. But you can take it from there.

Any Custom Works pics? Im really excited about a new oval car.
Is Spashett down there and what about Bud Bartos?
TODD GACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 08:59 AM   #318
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by pro3racer
hey shane, how about a pic or two of the winghouse chicks
YES YES YES !!!!!!!!!!

'OL BUZZARD FARMING (lol)
howard hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 09:15 AM   #319
Tech Initiate

Yeah that would be cool too.

Do they tech cars at this race? Roar rules? Just so I know for next year. I like to run 13 quads or 12 quads. is that a good motor for this track. Thanks in advance guys
TODD GACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 09:37 AM   #320
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

750 miles is 750 miles. Just takes less time. The Indy 500 is 500 miles no matter how fast the cars go, from like 100mph 75 years ago or 230mph now. The race will always be 500 miles. Just makes the trip shorter when going faster.

Didn't I hear the Josh may have driven down last year? Someone correct me please. I don't think he did too bad then. I think other factors are coming into play. Like running your own company try to figure out all the lagistics in getting down to race all the classes. Maybe Josh didn't want to set one sponsor more important than another and drove so that he could spread his expenses out between all of them. Remember he is not only driving for X-Ray. That is not even his biggest sponsor. He is driving for Kyosho next week in Touring and 1/8 most likely. Plus his Oval cars, his 1/12 scale. Why would you blame X-Ray. If this was only a job for him he would have left earlier, but this is a business too to that also gets in the way of when you can leave. Getting parts from your venders at the last second is nothing new for a fairly new company. Maybe that was part of the delay.

My old boss Rick Hohwart only could go to races that fell into the right times, because his business(Peak Performance for those that have been living under a rock) comes first. And Josh is most likely getting to know that.

A couple of my friends (Barry Baker and Brian Kinwald) went and practiced at a track in another state to get ready for this race. But that is pretty much their job to go and develop the cars. Not Josh's full time job anymore.

Just my $1.52.

Steve Chamberlain
SCIDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 09:56 AM   #321
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to trackdesigner71 Send a message via Yahoo to trackdesigner71

Hey shane, what are the fast bodies for teh classes (oval, touring oval, touring and 1/12)
trackdesigner71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 10:42 AM   #322
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default the reason Josh drove down from Farmington Hils, MI

Josh brought a lot of CEFX kits with him and all his Nitro stuff for the weekend after the birds. I stress a lot of CEFX kits. I heard they were selling them in the hobby shop and people were putting them together at the track. It was his choice not to fly. It's 1130 miles from MI to FL for Josh so get your math right. As for making it to the track fast, when I went to the US Indoor Champs it was a 535 mile drive, I made in 7 hours 40 minutes. Two drivers could be in FL in one day. Trust me. Also to ship everything he needed to ship would of cost him several hundred dollars and I wouldn't put my lifes work trust on fedex making sure it gets there. Plus do you know how much it cost and what you have to go through to ship Nitro fuel through fedex. I don't think so, I know several guys that have and it isn't cheap.
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 10:55 AM   #323
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to burbs Send a message via Yahoo to burbs

i like toknow what the big deal is anyway... josh IS NOT THE ONLY ONE who drove to this race.. and alot of guys who drove themselfes are doing just fine..... he has been down there a week... if he needed sleep there was plenty of time for it... and if he is hurting that bad. he needs a nap....simple as that not the trip not miles, not time sleep.....
burbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 11:07 AM   #324
R/C Tech Founder

Heck, I drove down here, by myself even. And I live further away than Josh! And I have no sponsors paying my way or anything, so I can't blame anyone for the lack of a plane ticket...

Round 3 of on-road just got underway. I will have results for both rounds when it is over -- we just went straight from Round 2 into Round 3 with no break at all.

Right now I think I am in the very last heat of stock TC. I broke the first round and got sorted to the bottom, and I got hit by so many guys in round 2 that it eventually broke my car. And it seems like everybody out there is getting faster but me; I'm getting slower. I must be missing the magic formula! That and I am pretty much all alone up here... it's just me and my car and the internet. haha

I'm trying to think of other useful stuff to report. Junior Losi is here, so are most of the magazine crews and the Inside R/C TV show as well. The track is much busier today with spectators. The Winghouse girls were here briefly yesterday but I haven't seen them since. The concourse event took place a couple hours ago as well, I have pictures of that to post later.
Old 02-07-2004, 12:07 PM   #325
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan
Default Re: the reason Josh drove down from Farmington Hils, MI

Quote:
Originally posted by nashrcracer
Josh brought a lot of CEFX kits with him and all his Nitro stuff for the weekend after the birds. I stress a lot of CEFX kits. I heard they were selling them in the hobby shop and people were putting them together at the track. It was his choice not to fly. It's 1130 miles from MI to FL for Josh so get your math right. As for making it to the track fast, when I went to the US Indoor Champs it was a 535 mile drive, I made in 7 hours 40 minutes. Two drivers could be in FL in one day. Trust me. Also to ship everything he needed to ship would of cost him several hundred dollars and I wouldn't put my lifes work trust on fedex making sure it gets there. Plus do you know how much it cost and what you have to go through to ship Nitro fuel through fedex. I don't think so, I know several guys that have and it isn't cheap.
Nash,

I stopped at the Birds last night on my way to the winternats and talked to josh for about an hour.

The reason he drove is only partly the kits he brought, the other reason isn't something that needs to be discussed publicly.

Just one thing: Trinity sucks!!!!
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 12:11 PM   #326
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan

Quote:
Originally posted by TODD GACK
Hi guys! and Good Morning to all the racers at Birds. Wish I could be there with my Bolink but my mandatory community service has me all tied up. Maybe next year I'll be able to bump fenders with the best of ya's. Anyway Im reviewing these results for the club races I noticed Josh didnt do very well at all. DNS and like a 33rd I think. I know I sound like a broken recorded but I think this has alot to do with his drive down to the Birds. Ive been doing alot of research on the web last nite and some this morning about Fatigue and found some things that are very interesting and only validates my claim about this whole driving fatigue thing. We can only hope that Josh can find some time to catch Z's before the heats start. Otherwise i fear his results may not be what were use to seeing. How far is that trip from Michigan you guys think? anyone there that can ask Josh? I know from where I live it would be about 750 miles doing aprox 65mph, but I usually travel doing 75-80MPH (dont tell the police) so that would cut the miles down to probably 630 miles. So that aint too bad. But without the proper sleep in between it would feel like 1,000 miles, and takes a very hard toll on your body.

P.S. Is anyone putting a Mini T' demo on? or anybody running Legend cars? Thanks guys

Good Luck to everyone racing! Wish I was there!
Josh drove from Michigan to New Jersey and from there to Orlando.

Now figure that mileage!
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 12:17 PM   #327
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: the reason Josh drove down from Farmington Hils, MI

Quote:
Originally posted by stefan
Nash,
The reason he drove is only partly the kits he brought, the other reason isn't something that needs to be discussed publicly.

Just one thing: Trinity sucks!!!!
yes I know about that and yes we'll wait to see how it turns out for Josh. I wish him all the luck.
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 12:39 PM   #328
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to WVRACER

i think most of the r/c world knows about that. it's been reported on. and it blows to the up most extreme when it goes totaly plublic i hope the r/c family will get behind the racer

Quote:
yes I know about that and yes we'll wait to see how it turns out for Josh. I wish him all the luck.
WVRACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 01:18 PM   #329
Tech Fanatic

Any results from round 2 onroad yet?
Chill Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 01:19 PM   #330
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to burbs Send a message via Yahoo to burbs

for all the people interested in the cutom works pan car pics are up on another site here is the link ..... i hope this is ok futureal...

http://www.deccosoftware.com/forum/theHost.htm

check the snowbirds.. are u ready? thread..
burbs is offline   Reply With Quote