SMC, Fukuyama or Pro Match Batteries?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SMC, Fukuyama or Pro Match Batteries?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2004, 11:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

I would definitly recommend PRO-Match. Jeff R. is an awsome dude and makes a great product.
Old 01-30-2004, 11:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Glad to see the logical responses in here, finally there is a light. Choose the company that you feel most comfortable with, almost all of them can be got on the phone when ever you want. Some are racers themselves, some use red some use green, some come in a box, some come with bars, some come with a plug, some are in stock, some are not, and they are all gp3300 cells. So my favorite saying, choose what makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside.
Old 01-30-2004, 11:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by David Joor
Glad to see the logical responses in here, finally there is a light. Choose the company that you feel most comfortable with, almost all of them can be got on the phone when ever you want. Some are racers themselves, some use red some use green, some come in a box, some come with bars, some come with a plug, some are in stock, some are not, and they are all gp3300 cells. So my favorite saying, choose what makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside.
I couldn't agree more Happy racing everyone!
Old 01-30-2004, 12:08 PM
Tech Elite

Zx racing, great packs at the lowest price around. All the major matcher's, fuku, pro-matched, smc have great packs though, so you can't go wrong.
Old 01-30-2004, 12:34 PM
Tech Regular

Arrow David

I like your philosophy, who doesn't like to feel all warm and fuzzy
Old 01-30-2004, 03:10 PM
Tech Regular

Go with some zx racing packs they are cheaper. The reason they are cheaper is because John dosent have any sponsored drivers but on other battery matching companies they have sponsored drivers so you are paying for their batteries. Any will do fine though just putting in my 2 cents.
Old 01-30-2004, 03:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Being a Fukuyama driver I'd obviously lean that way. But I began buying packs from Dan because of the awesome service. I don't really have much experiance with the other companies mentioned but I just felt comfortable dealing with Dan and it turned into a friendship. I think most professional matchers know what they're doing so you're not going to get burned.
Old 01-30-2004, 04:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Agreed, they all have good batteries since they are all zapped THE SAME WAY. Keep in mind that the matchers that have a high number of sponsored drivers to total sales ratio won't have many good packs to offer you because the sponsored guys get them all. However, if you go with someone like Kinetix who has only one sponsored driver, then you can bet you will be getting some of the "good stuff". Another thing to consider is the customer service and racing information. When you purchase batteries from a racer then you can expect the latest and best information on battery care.
Old 01-30-2004, 04:35 PM
Tech Master

SMCs are matched at 6 amps, not the usual 5, so you can charge at 6 amps without damaging them. High numbers low numbers, its all overrated. You can still outpunch someone with a lower number pack if you take care of your batteries.
Old 01-30-2004, 05:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I have used and raced with all of the companies packs listed above, and I like all of them equally as much. Im very impressed with the new fukuyama cells, so I guess that puts me on the Bandwagon.
Old 01-30-2004, 09:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I think any of the ones you mention are good,but why not give Hurricane a try. Brad has some awesome cells and is a great guy to deal w/. THe best customer service i've seen in a long time.
Good luck in your choice and in racing
Big O
Old 01-30-2004, 09:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I buy from whomever has the best deals. Fukuyama has great monthly deals and I also have a few ZX racing packs which work very well. I'm not too brand loyal but i tend to stick with just a few respected matchers like fuk and zx.
Old 01-30-2004, 10:31 PM
Tech Regular

FUKUYAMA'S RULE!!!!
Old 01-31-2004, 12:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally posted by rcracingkid
some people cant notice the difference between brands at all. $
that's because, in most cases, there aren't... all GP3300, matched and zapped all the same...

Never tried Fukuyama. But I've dealt with Jeff (ProMatch) and Danny (SMC) in the past, and they were great persons.

Paul
Old 01-31-2004, 12:46 AM
Tech Master

SMC

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.