R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Hudy setup board (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/32393-hudy-setup-board.html)

rc_square24 01-29-2004 11:46 AM

Hudy setup board

how is that board compared to a peice of glass except for being less fragile? also at that price why dont they have the bubble leveling thing and adjusters to check if the board is leveled?

koabich 01-29-2004 12:27 PM

The Hudy board differers in many ways to glass or plexi-glass. Besides being more durable, the main thing is the Hudy board will not warp or distort...it will remain perfectly flat.
As far as price, I don't think it's very expensive at all. I paid something like $25.00 for it and have been using it for years. Adding a tweak guage to the board would do several things.

1) Add cost to the board...probably three times the price as it is now. Besides adding a tweak station to the board they would also have to make sure the board has adjustable legs.
2) Would make the board alot more difficult to transport.

Right now, you can get the Hudy board for $25.00-$30.00 and buy the MIP tweak station for another $25.00

Brant 01-29-2004 01:15 PM

Hudy Board

I think the Hudy board is made of Corian, the same stuff you put in your kitchen. If you have ever priced Corian, you know why the Hudy board is expensive.

rc_square24 01-29-2004 02:25 PM

sorry maybe there were some confusions, the "bubble leveling thing" i was mentioning in the post was adjustable legs for the board itself to level, like if it was used at places that arent flat.

also, the tweak station has adjustable legs?(on the fixed side, not the swinging side) then would you still need a board for setting tweak with the station?

SpeedyTC3 01-29-2004 02:38 PM

rc_square:
If you are at a location that does not have a perfectly level and flat surface, you can still use the MIP tweak station on the Hudy set-up board. It has to be leveled both left/right and fore/aft prior to use. This in my opinion is the best tweak board because of this.
Thus, you ensure your car is distributing weight equally, even on an uneven surface.
Also, to answer your question, you would not need a setup board to use the MIP tweak station.

Randy Caster 01-29-2004 02:40 PM

When you use the MIP tweak station, you want to put it on a flat surface, but it doesnt have to be level because you have the thumbscrews to make it level.

Speedie 01-29-2004 03:02 PM

I bought a scrap piece of corian from a local cabinet maker well actually he gave it to me but I gave him 5 bucks for cutting it square for me. The adjustable legs can be gotten at any hardware store for a few bucks. And if you still want it to look fancy you can buy the sticker from Hudy for it.

adrian 01-29-2004 11:03 PM

it looks awsome! thats why i got it:P... its hudy.... hudy is awsome

Randy Caster 01-30-2004 05:49 PM

Originally posted by adrian
it looks awsome! thats why i got it:P... its hudy.... hudy is awsome
I think that's the best reason I've heard so far... honesty.

Jon Kerr 01-30-2004 08:52 PM

Randy, you label whore :lol:

icon 01-31-2004 12:49 AM

the hudy setup board was meant to be used as a flat surface for adjusting suspension settings: toe, caster, camber, droop, ride height, etc. it is not meant for tweak and therefore does not need to be balanced like MIP tweak station as that has no relation to those settings.

that said, it is probably one of the more accurate and precise setup gauges out there.

Cole Trickle 01-31-2004 11:05 AM

Hi there. I do see the advantages of the ride hight tool, and the toe/camber/castor system.

But whats the point of the board with the sticker on, except for providing a flat surface?

Couldnt a hide hight tool be used for measuring droop?

Thanks.

JusBox 01-31-2004 11:50 AM

Originally posted by Cole Trickle
Hi there. I do see the advantages of the ride hight tool, and the toe/camber/castor system.

But whats the point of the board with the sticker on, except for providing a flat surface?

Couldnt a hide hight tool be used for measuring droop?

Thanks.

The sticker has all the markings so you can use the setup equipment accurately.

calvin 01-31-2004 12:02 PM

The sticker is especially useful if you are setting up a car with a pivot ball suspension system as it provides a simple method to measure the wheel locations with respect to the car centerline.

A ride height tool can be used to measure droop depending on your method of measuring droop. Personally it is my perferred method.

Cole Trickle 02-01-2004 10:48 PM

Originally posted by calvin
The sticker is especially useful if you are setting up a car with a pivot ball suspension system as it provides a simple method to measure the wheel locations with respect to the car centerline.

A ride height tool can be used to measure droop depending on your method of measuring droop. Personally it is my perferred method.

Thats what I figured, thanks for the confirmation.