The New PPD workstation

The New PPD workstation

Old 09-01-2009, 05:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
Have it your way

Awesome... is there one for an 009?
That is one big advancement made with this design. In the past tweak plates were model specific. So when you sold the TC you sold the plate. This design took alot of research time to come up with universal mounting, so it not only works for the 009 but also TC5, 007, 008, Schumacher Mi3, Mi4, Photon, Tamiya 415, Corrally Phi, Cyclone. The ones I haven't listed just haven't been tested yet...but will soon.
Old 09-02-2009, 11:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Verndog
That is one big advancement made with this design. In the past tweak plates were model specific. So when you sold the TC you sold the plate. This design took alot of research time to come up with universal mounting, so it not only works for the 009 but also TC5, 007, 008, Schumacher Mi3, Mi4, Photon, Tamiya 415, Corrally Phi, Cyclone. The ones I haven't listed just haven't been tested yet...but will soon.
Exactly why I just purchased one. Thanks for designing something much needed Kevin. I was torn as I want the model specific, but being that I would like to switch chassis for boredom's sake in the future, this makes much more sense, as well as being able to help others at the track.
Old 09-02-2009, 06:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rezenclowd3
Exactly why I just purchased one. Thanks for designing something much needed Kevin. I was torn as I want the model specific, but being that I would like to switch chassis for boredom's sake in the future, this makes much more sense, as well as being able to help others at the track.
Excellent and your welcome. If you liked the last design...you'll like this even better.

In responce to those asking about a cover, (we've had several questions about plate protection and a non skid working surface). The obvious answer is 2 clamps to hold for some rough hand wrenching, or...now we've found an excellent material as a top cover. Industrial grade thin rubber matting that sticks well to top for using as a stand, when using as a tweak plate just peel it off.

Website has been updated and these can be seen there.
Old 09-02-2009, 07:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Excellent and your welcome. If you liked the last design...you'll like this even better.

In responce to those asking about a cover, (we've had several questions about plate protection and a non skid working surface). The obvious answer is 2 clamps to hold for some rough hand wrenching, or...now we've found an excellent material as a top cover. Industrial grade thin rubber matting that sticks well to top for using as a stand, when using as a tweak plate just peel it off.

Website has been updated and these can be seen there.
Awesome work! I was the one who inquired about the non skid surface but never saw the answer prior to the thread being removed. Will place an order soon.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Got mine today - Good craftmanship and well built, Fast shipping to.
Old 09-03-2009, 05:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by or8ital
Awesome work! I was the one who inquired about the non skid surface but never saw the answer prior to the thread being removed. Will place an order soon.
I was talking to a friend that had read your post on the 3M coating. I thought you meant the top, he thought you meant the bottom.

My answer was I would strongly advise not to use even a light undercoating on the top. You will loose your flatness, and its a real pain to get off. Now on the bottom...may be OK to try.

I had been looking into different materials for a while for top cover. We prob. looked at a dozen materials, and even purchased 3 before deciding on this matting. Far superior to anything else we looked at including tool box drawer liner.
Old 09-03-2009, 05:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Yeah I was asking about the top. Had the same concern about flatness.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:52 PM
Tech Master

We have decided to re imburst shipping charges to those that ordered a workstation and want the cover. By all rights those should have been ready when the workstations were. Nobody should get penalized for ordering early.
These will still be shipped priority as well.
Old 09-03-2009, 10:08 PM
Tech Elite

Kevin, your level of customer service is much needed in this world

Thanks. BTW Kevin, still thinking about Lipo plates for the Mi4? If not no worries, Ill just purchase another lipo bottom plate that you currently make, cut the chassis, and figure out a way to secure the plate. Maybe I can make a tack weld and dremel it down to fill the space? Never tried to weld to stainless before....
Old 09-04-2009, 09:09 AM
Tech Master

Thanks. BTW Kevin, still thinking about Lipo plates for the Mi4? If not no worries, Ill just purchase another lipo bottom plate that you currently make, cut the chassis, and figure out a way to secure the plate. Maybe I can make a tack weld and dremel it down to fill the space? Never tried to weld to stainless before....
The Mi4 lipo plate is somewhat in limbo at the moment. I have a new design universal lipo "tray" rather then plate that will allow more adjustability and accommodate a wider range of chassis slots "on paper" at the moment. Shop schedule is somewhat loaded for a while longer with non RC related jobs, so I dont expect much within the next 30 days (slight chance sooner..cant promise yet though).

Trying to keep the big picture in mind, Mi4 is fairly new so it becomes a numbers game carrying a seperate product for an early release RC. The universal will be better also.
Old 09-05-2009, 10:37 PM
Tech Master

Found a nice little write up on RedRC about the PitBoss today!
Second time we've made RedRC now.

http://www.redrc.net/2009/09/ppd-pit-boss-car-stand-tool-holder/
Old 09-05-2009, 11:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

The Mi4 lipo plate is somewhat in limbo at the moment. I have a new design universal lipo "tray" rather then plate that will allow more adjustability and accommodate a wider range of chassis slots "on paper" at the moment. Shop schedule is somewhat loaded for a while longer with non RC related jobs, so I dont expect much within the next 30 days (slight chance sooner..cant promise yet though).

Trying to keep the big picture in mind, Mi4 is fairly new so it becomes a numbers game carrying a seperate product for an early release RC. The universal will be better also.
As a "just in case" backup plan I dremeled the center out of battery locater part of the plate, fits the Mi4 just fine now.
Old 09-05-2009, 11:21 PM
Tech Elite

I am going to do the same. After thinking, I'll dremel it just right so the rear of the PPD plate locks in. I'll look into it once the Mi4 arrives. Then off to de-purple my car.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:10 AM
Tech Master

Tips on painting risers.

The plasic risers can be painted, but its tough to get paint to stick without using some caution.

First scuff the portion you plan to paint with fine scotch brite pad to remove gloss finish.

Clean well and let completely dry.

Use a good quality plastic paint like Rustolium plastic paint, possibly the Krylon Fusion paint works also but haven't tried.

Let cure 24hrs or more....then.

Finish with a good clear coat to seal and lock on paint. Recommend the Rustolium Crystal Clear Enamel (works well on bodies over faskolor as well).

This will give a nice little custom finishing touch if you want to add or match some color to your color scheme.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Pit Boss for sale Here. Great product, Just getting out of Onroad.