Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Team CRC Gen-XL

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 08:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

yes, the rear posts are back about 8mm. You might be able to mount the damper tubes in the body mount holes and the body mounts in the damper tube holes and use the current holes in your body though. It would put the damper tubes at an angle but shouldnt effect the handling.
Old 12-07-2010, 08:52 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Great thanks for the info! I look forward to the new car.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:43 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by sg1
For qualifing I skimmed them, 1.69" rear and 1.63" front for the first run.
Every run I took off .01"
For the main, that was the 4th run on that set.
I was at 1.66" rea and 1.61" front.
Traction was high and that diameter was perfect
Does that mean that you used the same set of tires for the qualifiers and the mains? What treatment do you use and for how long?

People advised me to do a turnover on my tires and not use and put treatment several times on the same set otherwise they'll fall appart. I should instead clean them with soap and water to reuse them another week end.

What's your take on that?

Sorry for so many questions, i am trying to be ready for a national race in two weeks.

I'll know this week end if i'll be competitive and if it's worth going.
Old 12-07-2010, 10:34 AM
sg1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

The set of tires I ran in the main had:

1 8 minute practice run
2 8 minute qualifiers
1 8 minute main

I retrued and reradiused them each run and reglued the sidewalls in the front and seams in the rear.
I used Jack the gripper each run.
full rear and 1/2 inside front. Let sit 10 minutes then started to wipe them with a rag 3 minutes before my heat and then scrubbed it in on the carpet.
I'd take a few laps and do a few "fast" turns to warm the tires.
I used motor spray to clean them prior to retruing them after each run.

Originally Posted by Jeppi
Does that mean that you used the same set of tires for the qualifiers and the mains? What treatment do you use and for how long?

People advised me to do a turnover on my tires and not use and put treatment several times on the same set otherwise they'll fall appart. I should instead clean them with soap and water to reuse them another week end.

What's your take on that?

Sorry for so many questions, i am trying to be ready for a national race in two weeks.

I'll know this week end if i'll be competitive and if it's worth going.
Old 12-07-2010, 11:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Sorry for so many questions..... What weights of tube lube should I have in my box
Old 12-07-2010, 11:26 AM
sg1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by danthrc
Sorry for so many questions..... What weights of tube lube should I have in my box
I have:

Typically I use 10K, 15K, 20K, or 30K
Old 12-07-2010, 06:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default CRC yellow tires vs. Jaco yellow tires?

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone has experience with CRC yellow rear tires and if they are comparable to Jaco yellow. Our track has new CRC carpet, medium to high grip (we are only allowed to use Niftech traction compound) and some guys seem to have success with Jaco black fronts and rear yellows. But it seems that the Jaco yellow rears are really hard to find. I've been using grey-low rears and black fronts with some success, but I'm wondering if there might be a better combo. Anyone have any ideas?
Old 12-07-2010, 06:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

I personally feel very little difference between Jaco Yellow and Orange rears. Dumas always tells me that the Oranges should produce more side bite because the sidwall isn't folding over as much but I never feel it when I go back to back. The CRC rears of all shores have less offset which will alter your set up if you don't take the difference into account with shims.

As far as shore, I used a Ron Paris durometer this last week and tested a bunch of NIP tires. The Jaco Yellows I measured averaged 31 shore and the CRC Track Magnet Yellows I measured averaged 34 shore.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:03 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
I personally feel very little difference between Jaco Yellow and Orange rears. Dumas always tells me that the Oranges should produce more side bite because the sidwall isn't folding over as much but I never feel it when I go back to back. The CRC rears of all shores have less offset which will alter your set up if you don't take the difference into account with shims.

As far as shore, I used a Ron Paris durometer this last week and tested a bunch of NIP tires. The Jaco Yellows I measured averaged 31 shore and the CRC Track Magnet Yellows I measured averaged 34 shore.
Thanks Andrew, I appreciate the info!
Old 12-07-2010, 07:05 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ALBOP
Hi guys, just wondering if anyone has experience with CRC yellow rear tires and if they are comparable to Jaco yellow. Our track has new CRC carpet, medium to high grip (we are only allowed to use Niftech traction compound) and some guys seem to have success with Jaco black fronts and rear yellows. But it seems that the Jaco yellow rears are really hard to find. I've been using grey-low rears and black fronts with some success, but I'm wondering if there might be a better combo. Anyone have any ideas?
The CRC tire in my opinon is better, The offset makes the rear end wider and it gives the car more rear grip. Not sure about the compounds though
Old 12-07-2010, 07:15 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Serpent_Gordo
The CRC tire in my opinon is better, The offset makes the rear end wider and it gives the car more rear grip. Not sure about the compounds though
I agree I prefer the CRC as well, but my LHS supports Jaco so I have to order the CRC in.
Old 12-07-2010, 08:19 PM
avs
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Serpent_Gordo
are you suggesting that the rubber has more grip, or that a wider rear gives more grip?

a few extra shims (3 per side) should accomodate the difference between a jaco and crc rim. although if i didn't reshim, shouldn't i expect the narrower rear to create more grip?
Old 12-07-2010, 08:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 100 (99%+)

the CRC 12 scale XL has a different rear bottom plate than the original genX does anyone have the part number??? i cant seem to find it anywhere...

Last edited by tha Beast; 12-07-2010 at 09:07 PM.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by avs
are you suggesting that the rubber has more grip, or that a wider rear gives more grip?

a few extra shims (3 per side) should accomodate the difference between a jaco and crc rim. although if i didn't reshim, shouldn't i expect the narrower rear to create more grip?
I think the stiffer wheel has a bit to do with it too.

Originally Posted by tha Beast
the CRC 12 scale XL has a different rear bottom plate than the original genX does anyone have the part number??? i cant seem to find it anywhere...
Old 12-08-2010, 03:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 100 (99%+)

thats the main chassis im looking for the rear bottom plate number

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.