Wiki Posts
Search

New Team CRC Gen-XL

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 06:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by martymiller
Does anyone have any info about a new version of the Gen XL?
Spoke with Frank a few weeks ago, slight revisions to the chassis plate. No cell-slots and a few other minor details. Not really a new version, just testing a few things.
Old 06-28-2010, 06:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by CDW
You are correct.
CD
I'm more interested in the solid lipo chassis. From looking at the video from the worlds, something new is coming......I just want to know when. I need a new 12th for next season.
Old 06-28-2010, 06:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Holly molded carbon Black Art chassis Batman
Attached Thumbnails New Team CRC Gen-XL-mon-blackartcarbon-1.jpg   New Team CRC Gen-XL-mon-blackartcarbon-4.jpg   New Team CRC Gen-XL-mon-blackartcarbon-5.jpg  
Old 06-28-2010, 10:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo
The new Black Art prototype tub looks sick!! When I was in Rome, @ CRC, I checked out the first version tub, and it's very impressive. This new version looks even better.

Really diggin' that upper hingepin brace as well.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo
more pictures from back in January at Snowbirds

http://www.rc50.com/modules.php?name...bum=65&pos=296
http://www.rc50.com/modules.php?name...bum=65&pos=297
http://www.rc50.com/modules.php?name...bum=65&pos=298
http://www.rc50.com/modules.php?name...bum=65&pos=300
http://www.rc50.com/modules.php?name...bum=65&pos=301
http://www.rc50.com/modules.php?name...bum=65&pos=302
http://www.rc50.com/modules.php?name...bum=65&pos=303
Old 06-29-2010, 09:48 PM
Tech Elite

King of the SCOOP, as usual. You da man Nash.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:50 PM
Tech Elite

Jilles brings the Gen XL in P2 at the Worlds. Great run in A3.
Old 07-10-2010, 04:48 AM
Tech Champion

Hey guys....

Very recently got one of these which has been my first ever 12th scale. So far I have raced it twice and with mixed results. First outing was simply off the pace and spent most of my time trying to get the car to drive out of a turn (10.5). 2nd outing and I found a lot more speed managing to win the night at one of the local clubs. How ever on both occasions I have been looking for a fair bit of balance from one end or the other. Now I race on asphalt which is hardly the normal for most 12th scale guys but thats what we have around here. I am wondering what sort of setups do people run with these chassis on asphalt.

Currently the car is very fast... I had traction rolling problems last time out but only near the end of the race off power. At the start of the race its is smooth and quick but goes off during the run and becomes oversteery off power.

Last thing is I found that the car likes even toe or toe out on the front. Toe in produced a car that kinda "wiggled" in the turns. Is this normal as my TC definitely does not do that.
Old 07-10-2010, 08:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

There is a collection of base and also team driver asphalt setup sheets available here. If you are presently running lipo pay attention to 2009 and onward sheets.

Team CRC Generation X Setup Sheets
Old 07-10-2010, 09:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Dragonfire
Hey guys....

Very recently got one of these which has been my first ever 12th scale. So far I have raced it twice and with mixed results. First outing was simply off the pace and spent most of my time trying to get the car to drive out of a turn (10.5). 2nd outing and I found a lot more speed managing to win the night at one of the local clubs.
Originally Posted by Capt'N_Slow
There is a collection of base and also team driver asphalt setup sheets available here. If you are presently running lipo pay attention to 2009 and onward sheets.
Problem is how to compare the big differences in grip levels from different asphalt tracks. Dragonfire didn't just take the win the other night, he went 0.3s under the lap record and set a new 8min record too. This was on the second ever outing for him and the car!

I am sure the first time out was a lot to do with tyres and goop than anything else. It was on a track that offers very low grip for 1/12th racing. Seems to me that when the grip is low enough, going too soft causes problems on power?

I am finding that with light weight oil(like the kit oil) in the side tubes that they become very inconstant in their operation. The inner part of the tube seems to break free of the tube and offer no damping at all.
Old 07-11-2010, 01:11 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Capt'N_Slow

Team CRC Generation X Setup Sheets
Yeah I looked through all of them (about 5) and made some changes based on that. However it would be interesting to see what average drivers are doing to get around the track. So far I am happy with what I can do with the front and rear springs, a little confused about dynamic castor, and really confused about what the side springs are actually doing. Is there a detailed setup guide for link cars (more than the manual)?
Old 07-11-2010, 05:01 AM
Tech Addict

Is there a detailed setup guide for link cars (more than the manual)?
I guess you already know this one; Richard Chang's 1/12th Chassis Setup Tips (pdf)
Also Xray XII Set-up Book
Old 07-11-2010, 07:01 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Arn0
I guess you already know this one; Richard Chang's 1/12th Chassis Setup Tips (pdf)
Also Xray XII Set-up Book
I'll check out that article so thank you. But as for xray I always disagreed with a fair bit of their TC guide so I will avoid the 12th guide
Old 07-11-2010, 07:50 AM
Tech Master

I'll check out that article so thank you. But as for xray I always disagreed with a fair bit of their TC guide so I will avoid the 12th guide
Well I just read the xray guide and it reinforces some of your findings. Particularly when it says heavier side damping being less unpredictable and heavier shock oil gives more forward drive coming out of the corner.

It also mentions narrower rear track giving more on power rear grip too. Might be something to try on low grip asphalt.
Old 07-11-2010, 05:48 PM
Tech Elite

1. a little confused about dynamic castor,

2. and really confused about what the side springs are actually doing.
1. Dynamic caster reduces the caster angle as the suspension is compressed. As you drive into a turn, the outside front wheel becomes loaded, and the suspension compresses. As the kingpin moves more towards vertical, the car should actually gain steering. The three different blocks allow you to tailor the handling of the car by altering the amount of change the car can undergo during a turn.

2. The side springs are there to support the chassis as it rolls under cornering. Generally, the more the chassis can roll, the more sidebite the rear-end will have. The downside is that the car won't change directions as quickly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.