Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Turnbuckle tie-rods >

Turnbuckle tie-rods

Turnbuckle tie-rods

Old 02-21-2002, 08:32 PM
Tech Master

Default Turnbuckle tie-rods

Hi,

I have been looking around from some turnbuckle tie rods. However, the size that I'm looking for no body makes them. They are 32mm, 23mm, 15mm, and 52mm.

I just wonder since no one makes the exact size, can I just buy what's close to it??? and if I do buy the size that's close to it, should I buy a bit shorter ones or a bit longer ones???
Old 02-21-2002, 08:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

What car is it for? I would buy ones close to the same size. Try converting the metric numers to inches. ##mm/25.4=inches

Example: 32mm/25.4=1.25 inches or about 1 1/4 inch
Old 02-21-2002, 08:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I'd buy a bit longer and grind them down to the right size. If you buy them too long, they could bind the ball cups.
Old 02-22-2002, 08:23 AM
Tech Initiate

Just get something close to it. You don't have to buy the right size because most of the time no one has the right size! I buy something that is about .5mm longer.
Old 02-22-2002, 08:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

depends on how you got the measurements in the first place. is it from ball to ball?

i would put ball cups in first, then measure from the middle of one shank to the middle of the other shank. i then have a range of lengths i can look for.

you don't need 'exactly' this length. if you do, then you don't need a turnbuckle, cause you are not going to have a chance to adjust it anyway. that's why the ball cups have shanks....