Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Panasonic SMH owners........

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2002, 02:19 PM
Tech Adept

Default Panasonic SMH owners........

Has anyone tried the Elite Speed Product SMH batteries? On their website they claim that thier top end batteries have an average voltage of 1.17-1.18. Now that seems too good to be true!! I run Reedys SMH, and a 1.13v reedy battery is already killer. Does anyone own ESP batteries? If so, what do think of them compared to reedy batteries? Thanks for your info!
Old 02-18-2002, 02:23 PM
Tech Initiate

I think they match there packs at 20amps
Old 02-18-2002, 02:46 PM
Tech Adept

If they are discharged at 20 amps, I would believe their top end batteries would have a 1.2+ ave. voltage rather than 1.17v. I know that integy discharge their batteries at 20 amps and they read 1.2+ ave volts.
Old 02-18-2002, 03:19 PM
Tech Adept

Thats because integy traps the voltage at 375 seconds, that fools a lot of people that don't know any better.

ESP batteries have a full runout of 5000 seconds.
Old 02-18-2002, 08:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

The Integy packs re cylcled at 30 amps came out to 375 sec 1.17amps. on my last batch.
Old 02-20-2002, 07:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

My personal rule of thumb is, never compare one company to another (everyone of them uses complete different parameters to generate numbers). Only compare within the company

I personally use Integy SMH, and they work great for me (and also a lot of my customers are using them, who also posts on this forum, and they will confirm likewise )

How's it going STLNLST?

Thanks

Steve Wang
Speed Tech R/C
www.speedtechrc.com

Last edited by SpeedTech; 02-20-2002 at 07:31 AM.
Old 02-20-2002, 07:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

ESP has a good product, but as Steve echoed in an earlier post, it is hard to compare different matchers, as they all use different methods to genrate thier numbers. I personally run Promatch, as they match @ 30 amps... but that is me. Check out this explanation on numbers
http://www.promatchracing.com/battery_power.html
Old 02-20-2002, 06:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Steve- It's going fine over here. Just getting everything ready for the nats. Payday is Friday so I will place my body order then. This month is the sticker deal correct??? Load me up. I don't mind paying for them. What colors do they come in?
Old 02-20-2002, 09:01 PM
Tech Addict

Guys buy what you want, I just know that for the price and reliability, I will stick to Integy myself!! So many people are misinformed and mislead about the Matching process used by all the matchers, resulting in ignorant statements about how one tricks you by doing this and another lies...... BLAH, BLAH, BLAH!!! I go by results, and price!! I know far to many racers in Southern Cal that run Integy batts with outstanding results!!! I even have a few excellent runs, that are made capable by the batts. So Just go out and get what you want and do not knock what you do not know!!!
Old 02-21-2002, 06:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I agree with rto997 just buy what you wan't. Most of us here in K.C. all run lightspeed batteries. This is not to say they are better then anyone elses it is just what we prefer. So if you know guys running one brand and having no problem with them then use that brand or just use what ever brand you feel comfortable with too many variables out there to try and determine who has the best batteries.
Old 02-21-2002, 07:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default SMH Numbers

I run the KinetixRC SMH which are also discharged @ 30amps with avg volt of 1.12+.

Atomic Ron does all the matching himself. He used them to win the 19T rubber @ snowbirds.

He is now selling them online: http://www.kinetixrc.com/shop/

Check it out.