Wiki Posts
Search

customizing drift bodies

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 10:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default customizing drift bodies

Anyone have some cool ingenious things they've thought of to detail drift bodies. Like making light buckets?

Anyhow Im firing back up my jamminlidz.tripod.com website to start painting some cheaper bodies for the world and Im lookin to make a cool centerpiece for the main page and as a "reopening" celebration body. Well my drifter is looking a bit sad and I'm throwing on a new R32 body from HPI.

Going the whole 9 yards on it, I've decided on Alclad II prismatic sapphire (blue to purple flip), backed with black obv, then making a deep metallic grey hood and trunk while leaving the "stock" wing the same blue. I decided for the tails I'm going to mask off internaly and make tinted tails using a coat of fastint along with a LIGHT coat of faslucent red (to make it as real as possible).

I'm making a custom carbon fiber/aluminum muffler (real carbon) / bracket along with a front splitter and perhaps front canards if I feel like it, although I may skip those. I have yokomo single band drift tires on rays wheels that are beat up, I'm going to clean these up and paint the bronze portion satin black and leave the "polished lip" If it ends up being too dark I'll replenish the bronze color.

She's getting LED's for head and tail lights and I may perhaps install an interior sound system (should be sick at the track lol) with some micro speakers hooked up to my psp.

Now the questions I have:

How can I go about making a custom front mount intercooler?

How can I make front headlight buckets? The rears are tinted so I'm not worried aobut those.

Anyone have other custom idea's to make it more realistic? I'm not so much worried about perfection on having mirrors and wipers and whatnot, I can always buy those and attach later without much issue.
Old 08-19-2009, 10:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Aight man, for the intercooler- http://www.groovydrift.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=173

And for buckets just head over to genkidoridori.com
Old 08-20-2009, 09:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bmx_ican92
Aight man, for the intercooler- http://www.groovydrift.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=173

And for buckets just head over to genkidoridori.com
looking at his headlights I think I have an idea on light buckets too, hmmmmm lol. THANKS!