Community
Wiki Posts
Search

best pro stock speedo?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 06:11 AM
Tech Initiate

Default best pro stock speedo?

what is the best speedo for pro stock as i been using the lrp sphere tc and im having trouble keeping up with all the advanced timing speedos.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i had the same problem as you a few months ago and i bought the SPX from LRP as it was easy to program and the service is perfect from LRP

i wanted the GM 120 but you really need a laptop at every race for programming the dam thing and they are so hard to get right

i would go with the SPX as it is the easiest to program and it has better punch out of the corners than any of the others i have raced against and the top speed is the same as the fastest on our track which is the GM at the moment

also use the GM motors with it they seem to stay cooler then the LRP or SP motors , i use a GM13.5 turn and it is never over 70 degrees , even on a really hot (for holland) summers day
Old 08-18-2009, 06:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Originally Posted by D34no
what is the best speedo for pro stock as i been using the lrp sphere tc and im having trouble keeping up with all the advanced timing speedos.
Two of the best currently available are the KO Propo VFS-1 BMC Brushless ESC and the Tekin RS/Pro ESC.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:56 AM
Tech Initiate

i was looking into buying either the tekin rs or the lrp spx. i heard a few people having abit of trouble with the turbo function on the tekins.
Old 08-18-2009, 07:14 AM
Tech Master

i was looking into buying either the tekin rs or the lrp spx. i heard a few people having abit of trouble with the turbo function on the tekins.
There is no trouble with the Turbo function. It works great.
I tested the V199 software but the new V200 software is great.
For me it's Tekin all the way. Best service there is.
Also free firmware updates and now with the V200 it's fast and it will only go faster and faster. Some ting that is a disadvantage of the SPX. You can't update it.

Last race after Rob janssen (still using a LRP TC) nr 2 and 3. (Dutch RC Series)
I don't now how he does it but the other cars were faster over all of the track but he hath pole and won all 3 finals.
Old 08-18-2009, 07:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Tekin RS Pro or Team Wave RB50
Old 08-18-2009, 07:32 AM
Tech Elite

Tekin RS Pro. The upgrade are free, and you won't have to buy new ESC every year a new one comes out. Their cusomer service is also one of the best.
Old 08-18-2009, 07:49 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mikky32
There is no trouble with the Turbo function. It works great..
That's just not true. MANY of us are having issues with the turbo. Whether its some kind of bug, or timing/setup issue is yet to be determined. All I know is I have a blistering fast 17.5 car cause of the turbo on my first 5 or 6 laps, then NO turbo for my last 18 laps. Certainly seems like an issue to me.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:04 AM
Tech Initiate

does anyone know the cause of the turbo stopping working?
Old 08-18-2009, 08:09 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
That's just not true. MANY of us are having issues with the turbo. Whether its some kind of bug, or timing/setup issue is yet to be determined. All I know is I have a blistering fast 17.5 car cause of the turbo on my first 5 or 6 laps, then NO turbo for my last 18 laps. Certainly seems like an issue to me.
does anyone know the cause of the turbo stopping working?
Yes.
The Tekin has with some radio's still the same problem as with the V199.
It's quit simple to solve.
Set your EPA to 90 and than calibrate your speedo with the radio.
After that set your EPA back to 100.
Problem solved.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:22 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Yes.
Problem solved.
This has not been confirmed yet.... This was the fix for the bug in 199, which was supposed to be completely gone/fixed in 200. Mikky, you own Tekin more than this man, cmon.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Yes.
Problem solved.
you are right it is a Radio problem NOT a the Tekin RS with Ver 200. I see this mostly on Spektrum radios where the endpoints drift .

I have always programmed my speedo's at 90% and then set the radio's endpoints to 100% just to make sure I always get 100% throttle.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

The LRP SPX just works...and it works great. You can try all of these other speedo's but the SPX software has been out for a while now and still seems hard to beat. The SPX is very easy to setup and tweak and does not require a computer or interface hardware.

I see people at my local track trying new software every couple of weeks it seems and it does not really translate on the track.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:40 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

It's a good thing the Tekin has upgradable software, 'cause they're still trying to catch up with the code LRP burned to the SPX chips 1.5 years ago.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Like everything else, each product has their +'s and -'s.

I see a lot more SPX's in our pits. They seem to be a lot more hassle free. You either run profile 7 or 8 and that is it. The down side I have seen is they blow up. I don't know what it is, but in the last month, I have seen a few go bad. Could be user error, but I know I have not seen any blown RS's except for one guy who confirmed his solder was bad and it went poof. Other downside to LRP is support. I don't think it even exists and it takes for ever to get their replacements, at least that is what I have heard.

If you like to mess around with settings, you'll like the Tekin RS. Almost more than you need. But if you like to really get down, you can get some really nice fine tuning on it. Yes the support is great, both on line and if you decide to call head quarters. The huge down side to me ATM is, it took almost 2 months to get this turbo feature out because they wanted it perfect when it came out. It is not perfect. Don't get me wrong, it works, but it is far from perfect. I hope this is not a trend, but time will tell. The other issue to me is that before the v200, there was a beta v199 that was not released to the public. The bug in the v199 is still present in the v200. Aside from the bug fix, they are suppose to be the same. They are not the same. Some people like the v199 and some people like the v200. Guess what? Not everyone can get the v199.

I got two RS's, but I am planning to get an SPX.

--pakk

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.