Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New touring cars to come soon ??

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 09:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hopefully the Awesomatix will be out soon.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team Lotus
academygaz, you are right about Losi not giving a hoot. All they seem to want to sell anymore are RTRs or some sort of off-road vehicle.

They seem to have completely turned their backs on any sort of on-road vehicles. I've emailed them about this a couple of times and have yet to hear back from them. They don't give a hoot!!
Kyosho is the same way. It seems like they don't give a darn about the onroad segment of the hobby. At least it seems that way here in the U.S. I seriously doubt you'll see anything new from them (onroad) for a while.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

he tc5r/f will be out for a long time without much change. they need to change the b4/t4 or at least consider changing them first before they go for the tc changes.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:38 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by not home
he tc5r/f will be out for a long time without much change. they need to change the b4/t4 or at least consider changing them first before they go for the tc changes.
Not to mention an update to their nitro touring car.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

It seems to me that we who like on-road racing need to ALL get together and get organized and send mass emails to Losi,Associated, HPI, Kyosho,
Horizon and others and tell them what we want!!!
They have catered to the off-road set and the RTR set and ignored us for too long now and we need to let them know about it.

Also, don't forget to email RC Car Action, RC Cars, Xtreme RC, RC Driver magazines as well. They are very responsible for this trend as well because their magazines dwell mostly on off-road and offshoots of it such as crawling, etc. and RTRs. Each month if we are lucky they throw us on-road folks a bone with a SMALL article on something related to on-road yet 90% of the magazine is all the other stuff. I mean RC Car Action now has boat articles!
Don't get me wrong, I like rc boats!, but they don't belong in a magazine that is called RC CAR Action!! There is yet more magazine space taken away from on-road!! Enough is enough!!!

There is strength in numbers and we need to be heard!!!

How many of you are willing to start emailing these manufacturers and distributors and magazines?

Those who are interested please post here.

all get
Old 08-17-2009, 06:07 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Team Lotus
It seems to me that we who like on-road racing need to ALL get together and get organized and send mass emails to Losi,Associated, HPI, Kyosho,
Horizon and others and tell them what we want!!!
They have catered to the off-road set and the RTR set and ignored us for too long now and we need to let them know about it.

Also, don't forget to email RC Car Action, RC Cars, Xtreme RC, RC Driver magazines as well. They are very responsible for this trend as well because their magazines dwell mostly on off-road and offshoots of it such as crawling, etc. and RTRs. Each month if we are lucky they throw us on-road folks a bone with a SMALL article on something related to on-road yet 90% of the magazine is all the other stuff. I mean RC Car Action now has boat articles!
Don't get me wrong, I like rc boats!, but they don't belong in a magazine that is called RC CAR Action!! There is yet more magazine space taken away from on-road!! Enough is enough!!!

There is strength in numbers and we need to be heard!!!

How many of you are willing to start emailing these manufacturers and distributors and magazines?

Those who are interested please post here.

all get
Surely this is their business decision...I can see one missing out on any opportunities but I guess those you mentioned saw more profitable areas to focus on....same for magazines , they wouldnt carry boating articles if nobody read them or if it didnt come with some form of income
Old 08-17-2009, 06:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I think its definitely a business decision. On-road racing is not exactly the most profitable market and is hugely competitive. The people that race are usually quite knowledgable and often always looking for a bargain. RTR's,boats, off-road market etc will always be around because that is what people expect of RC when they first get into it. RTRs and off-roads are also more capable of the backyard bash whereas on-road is more exclusively used on the track. Thus it makes sense, at least to me, why manufactures are concentrating on the other stuff.

I would never run my 416 around the street thats for sure.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:40 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Steveagle
I think its definitely a business decision. On-road racing is not exactly the most profitable market and is hugely competitive. The people that race are usually quite knowledgable and often always looking for a bargain. RTR's,boats, off-road market etc will always be around because that is what people expect of RC when they first get into it. RTRs and off-roads are also more capable of the backyard bash whereas on-road is more exclusively used on the track. Thus it makes sense, at least to me, why manufactures are concentrating on the other stuff.

I would never run my 416 around the street thats for sure.
Yea. there hard enough to hook up on a prepped track.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:44 PM
RAL
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Advil
Kyosho is the same way. It seems like they don't give a darn about the onroad segment of the hobby. At least it seems that way here in the U.S. I seriously doubt you'll see anything new from them (onroad) for a while.
There's some interesting shots of a Kyosho prototype from Red Rc's Euro coverage. Will it come to the US? Who knows?

http://events.redrc.net/event-galler...ros/?nggpage=4

Last edited by RAL; 08-17-2009 at 06:45 PM. Reason: sp
Old 08-17-2009, 07:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I won't renew my subscription for RC Car Action when it runs out. My subscription dates back to 2002, so they will lose a long time subscriber!
The magazine should be called RC Off-road Car Action with boats.....
I have already emailed them telling them just this and i posted on their forum to the editors about this.

Remember a few years back and it was touring and on-road that was all in, even have the magazine from them that made me buy my much loved TA04-R.

Now my collection consist of 30+ cars, all Tamiya's and only on-road..
My fav class must be F1, just the sheer joy and speed of the thing is great.

And about RTR's, it's the same thing about Tamiya here in Norway. I went into their main shop just outside Oslo and had a look around. On all shelfs there where TT01's (rally and drift), CR01's, buggy and such. So i asked where the real cars where, like the TA05's, TB's, TRF's, F103, F104 and so on. They told me the people where after basher cars that could take a beating...

Guess when people don't know what is available they buy whatever is in store and are happy with that. Thank god most of us know of internet, paypal, RC-Champ, RC Mart. I won't shop in Norway with their attitude and prices, when i can get my gear at less than half cost incl. shipping!
Old 08-17-2009, 07:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Geezzz fellas,
We all complain when Xray comes out with a new car every 9 months and now we are complaining that new cars aren't coming out frequently enough! On road is not as popular as it once was while off road went through a lull for a while and now is very popular. Its all a cycle that will repeat itself. Maybe on road finally over priced itself with $500 competition kits??
Old 08-17-2009, 08:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RossoTorro
Guess when people don't know what is available they buy whatever is in store and are happy with that. Thank god most of us know of internet, paypal, RC-Champ, RC Mart. I won't shop in Norway with their attitude and prices, when i can get my gear at less than half cost incl. shipping!
Thats exactly why the LHS wont stock the good stuff. They simply cannot compete with the online businesses. Its a catch 22.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

Well Xray seemingly release a new version every two weeks. Not sure about Tamiya, but you've got to think that they all want they're cars at the top, so will always be working on new bits and upgrades and stuf.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

there will be a new TRF416MSXXXXXXXXXX Jilles edition

with the seperate suspension blocks and the 20 tooth centre belt pulleys and black front and rear pulleys

Xray will bring out the T2-10 with multi coloured alloy and expensave drive shafts that snap when you look at them
Old 08-18-2009, 06:35 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcdougie
Geezzz fellas,
We all complain when Xray comes out with a new car every 9 months and now we are complaining that new cars aren't coming out frequently enough! On road is not as popular as it once was while off road went through a lull for a while and now is very popular. Its all a cycle that will repeat itself. Maybe on road finally over priced itself with $500 competition kits??
Probably, I remember a top of the line car 6-10 years ago would cost $200-250. Then again, some of those cars didn't have as much machined aluminum and carbon fiber bits we have now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.