Wiki Posts
Search

New touring cars to come soon ??

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 07:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rosko
Anyone know if losi is currently makeing type r parts or not? Be nice if they would update the car just little things like offer smaller spur gears and maybe slightly higher top deck for bigger lipos and redesigned top deck for the lipos with the wires from the top like smc.
Originally Posted by DerekB
Car is discontinued so there are no updates.
The car is not discontinued, there are still cars and parts being produced and shipped to resellers world wide, lets be clear about that. The car itself is still very potent and among the current generation of touring cars is still among the top performer even though it's a little older than some of these cars out there today (says something about the newer cars dunnit?).

There is no development on the car meaning, Losi feels the car is competitive the way it is and won't be changing any of the parts it current has on offer like spurs etc. That doesn't mean the car is discontinued, just means Losi feels it's great the way it is.

As far as smaller spurs and top decks etc, there is a budding aftermarket and I am doing my best along with Flying Fox racing to see to it that we offer some new and fresh options for you to try out. Not that you NEED them, but it's always nice to have something new and shiny every once in a while .

You can checkout the Flying Fox spool and layshaft. I'm out of stock (they are super popular) but should be restocking soon.

There is more to come and I would say the Type-R should be on anyone list looking for a new car because of the amount of setup tips and help out there, as well as the fact that it costs a bit less than the monthly or bi-weekly releases some of these other touring cars seem to be have , you know who I mean hahah.
Old 09-09-2009, 08:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Well said.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:45 PM
Tech Initiate

maybe we can hope a new Kyosho?
Old 09-10-2009, 07:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Getting back on topic.

Here is the new AVID 2!

New AVID 2:

Here is the information about the car:

Sven Zünd, one of the designer of the car presents us the all new Robitronic AVID 2. He design the car with Thomas Nagel, all done in Switzerland. The project starts in january and take about a month of work. 360 hours were needed to complete it and the prototype was done just in time for the Nuremberg Toy Fair.
The car is due to be release in october if all goes well.

New on the car:
- New chassis plate and top deck which is longer and narrower. It is also 3mm lower than the old design
- new plastics less fragile
- new fixation for front and rear hub with a small screw
- new bulkheads
- new shock towers
- new direction with a carbon ackermann plate

Production kit will be release will alloy screws, a spool, all blocs to adjust toe.
Options will be sway bars from different diameters, new shock springs, a multidiff and white low friction belts very consitants.

I am super pumped to get this new car. I just wish Robitronic would have more sway bar options available. Oye...
Old 09-12-2009, 09:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default My predictions....a new graphite plate XXX-S

Yeah the drive train not a free as some others but it makes sense for a new lipo design. It was the lightest drivetrain of any of them, but the chassis weight was a problem for top pro drivers. I loved the drive train.

I've said this before, why not improve on the XXX-S design? With chassis flex options. Make it the most simple, easy to work on and designed around lipos. I'll sell my 008 for one. lol
Old 09-12-2009, 09:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
Put this car out as a 17.5 brushless or 21.5 VTA RTR with The right tires, Brushless ESC, lipo and a 2.4 Gig system and you will hit the nail on the head. It its current form it still needs to be upgraded. RT Roll yes, RT Race not so much.
Old 09-12-2009, 11:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Have only been racing for about 6 months now and I have to say tires is the number 1 cost. Sure, I have well over $1000 in to my car and equipment, but that was spent once and not every weekend. I seem to buy a new set about every other race. It starts to add up quick.

With that being said, what about foam? I talked to another local racer last weekend and he swears by them. He kinda had me sold. According to him, they last longer, cheaper, and are good to the rim. Sure, you have to get a tire truer. But in the end, wouldn't it be better?

I never quite understood why they use rubber tire in electric TC, but foam in nitro TC. It just leads me to believe that foam is better. Nitro has more torque, power, and weight. So the demands on the traction should be higher.

--pakk
Old 09-12-2009, 11:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pakk
Have only been racing for about 6 months now and I have to say tires is the number 1 cost. Sure, I have well over $1000 in to my car and equipment, but that was spent once and not every weekend. I seem to buy a new set about every other race. It starts to add up quick.

With that being said, what about foam? I talked to another local racer last weekend and he swears by them. He kinda had me sold. According to him, they last longer, cheaper, and are good to the rim. Sure, you have to get a tire truer. But in the end, wouldn't it be better?

I never quite understood why they use rubber tire in electric TC, but foam in nitro TC. It just leads me to believe that foam is better. Nitro has more torque, power, and weight. So the demands on the traction should be higher.

--pakk
Foam tires will not last you near as long as rubber. I run both classes and spend by far more in foam tires then rubber. You should be getting atleast 15 runs on your rubber tires. Foam cut for racing you might get 5 or 6 runs and the chance of them chunking. Foam is a great class to run. I really don't think you will be saving yourself a whole lot of money.
Old 09-13-2009, 02:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I agree with DaredevilD about foam tires not lasting. I wounder why US people run foam tires when they could run rubber. Most all indoor carpet tracks on the east coast runs foam tires. Sure they are a tick faster but you have to deal with ride height, roll out, tire wear, over/under doping and chunking. Rubber tires are less hassle. With the right shore rating and temp. Tires in stock class should last twice as long (on carpet).
I just started running a 21.5 class with a HPI spec rubber tire. It is great to not deal with all the above. The car handles great with rubber. In fact more realistic then a foam tire.
Old 09-13-2009, 02:39 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by Mugen10
I wounder why US people run foam tires when they could run rubber.
The extra grip that foams provide is addictive, plus the added grip makes small setup changes more evident. If you run 1/12 scale as well, you're already used to dealing with the required changes as the foams wear.
Old 09-13-2009, 02:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

my gut tells me that xray will stop the t2 line and start with the new ep touring car, the t3.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:28 PM
Tech Master

if you run outside rubber tire is more expensive than foam

i think rubber on asphalt is a lot more fun than on carpet though.

just run what your local hobby shop run. if they race both then run the one which you enjoy the most.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

As I was told xray is not making a new car for production now but they are testing ideas for the next car which I would say will be out by the next worlds race
Old 09-15-2009, 05:59 AM
Tech Master

Thumbs up

The xray (008/009) is a awesome car rubber or foam they really dont need a new car yet, paul l. proves that in a big way. paul is an animal on the track and im sure he would give the 008/009 credit for making his job easier. Like i said, awesome driver but at that level equipment does matter. the xray cars are really good which gives him the chance to take full use of his talent vs. a car that is not so good. which might not exploit his full talent. goog job Paul
Old 09-16-2009, 07:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hate to sound like a broken record but....

Got the new RC Car Action in the mail today, and ALL off road once again!
I think it was just a couple of ads with on-road, everything else was dirt and boat RC... Now I have had it with that magazine, I will end my subscription and demand a refund for rest of subscription!

I ended up tearing the magazine in half and throwing it in the trash

They had some editorial about the future of RC, saying it was short course, Traxxas, Losi and AE's cars and spec dirt racing that was the future and they claim to have the finger right on the pulse of the hobby...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.