R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Did I make a mistake with Reflex 12? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/31957-did-i-make-mistake-reflex-12-a.html)

KIRKSINGLETON 01-23-2004 11:22 AM

Did I make a mistake with Reflex 12?

I bought a new Trinity Reflex 12 almost three weeks ago against the advice of some friends. The kit is very nice but both the rear hubs were warped. Trinity said that if I sent the old ones in they would overnight me new ones. Well it has been over two weeks and no hubs. Trinity has been very polite every time I call and promise that they are on the way.... but no show. My question is: Is getting parts going to be an ongoing problem? or is it just because it is a new model. Should Isell it on ebay and buy something like the associated car where there is lots of parts support? or does this car have any promise of being ok? Please let me know your opinions.

Peter Busch 01-23-2004 11:27 AM

I don't know about the car but it sounds like typical Trinity BS to me. If I were you I would sell it.

rattlr2 01-23-2004 11:36 AM

i have the same problem. the motor plate will not hold hieght adjuster in just falls out is this the same problem your havind
been 3 wks no race because they havn't sent parts yet $200.00 for a model i geuss

Randy Caster 01-23-2004 12:32 PM

You guys will be better off just buying the parts in a store.

KIRKSINGLETON 01-23-2004 12:55 PM

do you think that at some point parts will be available in the hs?

JusBox 01-23-2004 01:11 PM

Originally posted by KIRKSINGLETON
do you think that at some point parts will be available in the hs?
Depends if you lhs orders the parts.

speedxl 01-23-2004 01:15 PM

:D should have gotten an associated car!:cool:

trueracefan 01-23-2004 02:24 PM

I dont think the parts support will be an issue, the car is very solid, I own one myself, and the parts between 1/12th scale cats are very similiar if not the same, the spacers are an associated product and are interchangeable between most of the cars on the market.

rattlr2 01-23-2004 02:27 PM

guess i should have got somthing differnt
all trinity did was lie from the start but stuck with 200.00 junk have to make best of it

rattlr2 01-23-2004 02:30 PM

trueracefan
i hope not but if getting replacement for bad part takes 3wks hope other parts are easier to get

KIRKSINGLETON 01-23-2004 02:31 PM

you can return it to your hobby shop and demand a refund. if they give you a hard time, leave it with the manager and call visa for a credit. you have 60 days to decline the charge.

Corey Bernardo 01-23-2004 02:36 PM

KIRKSINGLETON- Whom have you talked to at Trinity? If you call them up an ask for Toni Bowers or Jiam Sarquis I am sure they can resolve your little problem. . . I know that trinity is going to be getting a huge order in of 12thscales parts, tires, etc..... before the birds.....

rcguy2477 01-23-2004 02:37 PM

Originally posted by KIRKSINGLETON
you can return it to your hobby shop and demand a refund. if they give you a hard time, leave it with the manager and call visa for a credit. you have 60 days to decline the charge.
You are the kind of person lhs's hate. Its not their fault that there was a manufacture defect. It has been asembled, so they couldnt just send it back. In the end the lhs would loose money for something that is not their fault.

Randy Caster 01-23-2004 03:01 PM

I agree, why would you want to make your LHS pay for something that shouldn't be their problem.

KIRKSINGLETON 01-23-2004 03:39 PM

randman and rc guy, that is my point! I paid almost 700.oo (with electronics and batts.) for something that does not work. Is that my fault? I bought it from hobbytown as a agent for trinity. Being the consumer I have the right for a working product, a warranty or get a refund. Not the run-around. Dont get me wrong, I really want to like the car and I want to race it but it is new sitting on my desk and I am out 7 bills. I just hope that they can come up with the parts soon as I dont think that it is fair for me to wait a month with a new car for parts.