R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-25-2004, 12:08 PM   #31
Tech Regular

Hey Brandon, how about a post race picture of the car from last night!
BrianJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 02:06 PM   #32
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to trueracefan

the trimed associated servo mount that was fabricated for an older airtronics didnt hold up to say the least, yet before that I was consistantly turning fast laps and was on a pace to rival the leaders.

but the cars in better condition than if you drove it brian
trueracefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 02:11 PM   #33
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brian McGreevy Send a message via Yahoo to Brian McGreevy

Quote:
Originally posted by trueracefan
but the cars in better condition than if you drove it brian
Riiighhtt....
USVTA Member #211

Support Formula SAE - get kids into engineering!
http://motorsports.illinois.edu/
Brian McGreevy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 05:20 PM   #34
Tech Initiate

Smile

Trueracefan

Yor Reflex 12 looks great.

Appears you've been talking with the factory boys. You've made all their changes.

Have you tried it in Mod?

Dave
Fiddle Fadel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 10:21 PM   #35
Tech Master

I would send Trinity thier JUNK back. And wait for the new CEFX 12th scale, wich will be released any day now.
Old 01-28-2004, 04:16 AM   #36
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

How do you measure the caster and camber on the reflex 12?

Quote:
Appears you've been talking with the factory boys. You've made all their changes.
what are these changes
dontfeelcold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 08:21 AM   #37
Tech Rookie

Trueracefan, your rear pod is totaly different than mine. Did you modify it or is that the revision that trinity was talking about? Are your damp. tubes Silva? also what did you put on for your body mounts? thanks, Kirk
KIRKSINGLETON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 02:49 PM   #38
Tech Elite

Sucks that you're getting the run around from Trinity. And yes it is the Hobby shop's responsibility and problem. When you choose to be an Authorized dealer, that is exactly what it means. The shop is the middle man and in return should handle all the problems or coordinate to resolve it. That's why the shop makes the money and we don't shop direct to the manufacturer. If the manufacturer is bad for the retailer, the shop should back the consumer's purchase and drop the company from their line. This of course is only the case if it is the manuf.'s defect which this sounds to be. When you buy a full sized car, you don't call the factory like Toyota, you take it bakc to the dealer you bought it from. If the dealer doesn't resolve the factory defect for you, you don't shop there again.
edseb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 03:16 PM   #39
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to ChrisP

Your car analogy is a good one...with one minor problem....

The scale that we're talking about is vastly different. The cars aren't the only thing smaller with RC, the market is smaller, the profits per unit are much smaller...but the overhead is still pretty significant.

Also consider that the 'car' portion of an RC car is actually a pretty small component in the RC purchase. So it would be like purchasing a fleet of 4 vehicles, and having a problem with one of them. The dealer will work with you on getting the problem vehicle fixed or replaced....not all 4.

I agree..they should back the customer on the car...as far as the electronics and whatnot...there's no problem with them....if they are still unused..then depending on how the request was made, the shop might take them back..blustering and making threats or demands will likely result in 'final sale'

If the electronics had been installed or the batteries assembled then I can't see the shop taking them back even if they do accept a return on the car.....

A shop will be much more willing to work with you if you interact with them in a respectful and business-like manner. The shop didn't generate your problem and they stand as much to lose from the ordeal as you do (you're our some time and money, they're potentially out the proceeds of your future business) They WANT to have you as a satisfied customer. If you start yellign and screamign at them for somethign that wasn't their fault...then they won't go to bat for you since they may likely prefer NOT having to deal with a crappy attitude on an on-going basis....

just my $.02
ChrisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 05:08 PM   #40
Tech Addict

dave, thanks! yeah factory boys it is. have not tried it in mod yet, our tracks a little small for that.

dont feel cold- I use a camber gauge from rpm. dont know about caster though, someone set it for me, I can tell you that the vertical pin is almost exacty perpendicular to the ground

kingsingleton- how is it diferent? the only thing I changed was covering the countersunk holes with washers for the damper tubes. the damper tubes are CRC and the body posts are speedmerchant. I dont think I got a "revised" rear pod because I bought the car in cleveland.

Winsorguy- I agree, I hope not to have a problem but since I bought the car through a trinity representitive at cleveland, I have only one place to turn. I also believe that screwing hobby shops is not the answer. If we didnt have them then we'd have no place to race.
Old 01-28-2004, 10:21 PM   #41
Tech Elite

I'm not saying its the shop's fault, only they back the products they carry. Yeah the industry is smaller and isn't nearly the size of the automotive industry, but that doesn't mean it is an excuse for bad customer service. I'm also saying that it would suck for the shop to eat it, but that comes with the territory for being an Authorized Dealer. If we get dissatisfied customers, it will be a huge blow to our whole hobby, not just the shops. Imagine a mom walking in to a shop and spending a couple of hundred bucks on little Timmy's first RC car for Christmas. She works a seecond job and went out on a limb to save for this big purchase, cause Timmy got A's on his reprt card. Now there's a problem and she gets the run around and the shop doesn't back her purchase. Do you think she'll buy again? That's my point. I'm not saying to get all fired up and start shouting (I never said that), but customer service should always be paramount.
edseb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 07:26 PM   #42
Tech Addict

Ok,
I haven't had a problem with trinity and i hope that it remains that way, although somewhat faulty with kit assembly( i still have extra hardware and the cars built). I think that the reflex is a solid car and support my decision to buy one. the other thing is that 1/12th scale cars are more durable than a touring car. so parts intensity isnt as big of an issue. if trinity produced a touring car, they'd have to prove that parts supply comes with every shipment of batteries and motors.