R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-03-2010, 09:12 PM   #1186
Tech Fanatic
 
Michal101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Norfolk, VA
Posts: 985
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

I have heard or read that the Tamiya 103 will work for replacement parts for my 3Racing 109 with the exception of the chassis...is this correct?

Also, does anyone know of a painter who sells killer paint jobs for the F1 bodies?

Thanks, Mike
__________________
(Team Driver)
R/C America
Team Tekin
ProMatch
Parma
Michal101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 05:28 PM   #1187
Tech Champion
 
MantisWorx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,864
Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordAnubis View Post
Apologies, i'm wrong... i run the F103 front end on my 109 and so i can fit the f104 wing on, however with the f109 front end you cant fit an F104 front wing... the rear wing of the f104 fits jsut fine on the f109 though....
i have the 3R f104 wingkit on my f109???? drove it all day today, what is not supposed to fit?
MantisWorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 08:35 PM   #1188
Tech Initiate
 
mpboost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Windermere, FL
Posts: 33
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michal101 View Post
I have heard or read that the Tamiya 103 will work for replacement parts for my 3Racing 109 with the exception of the chassis...is this correct?
Several of the parts do fit. I know for a fact the F109 front suspension and front/rear aero pieces bolt onto the F103 without modification because I am running them. I am not sure if the rear pod is interchangeable, but the axle and diff are probably interchangeable between the F109 and F103.
__________________
-Patrick
My Race fleet: TC4, TC5, RC12R5.1, F103R
mpboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 11:34 PM   #1189
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Perth, West Australia
Posts: 449
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MantisWorx View Post
i have the 3R f104 wingkit on my f109???? drove it all day today, what is not supposed to fit?
When trying to mount the tamiya F104 front wing onto the 3racing front end... the holes don't line up... i'm sure its nothing a little drilling can't fix, but yeah i haven't found it to be a direct fit anyway.
LordAnubis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 11:47 PM   #1190
Tech Fanatic
 
Michal101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Norfolk, VA
Posts: 985
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordAnubis View Post
When trying to mount the tamiya F104 front wing onto the 3racing front end... the holes don't line up... i'm sure its nothing a little drilling can't fix, but yeah i haven't found it to be a direct fit anyway.
So, then will the camber mount from the Tamiya f104 fit the 3Racing F109? Also, if I get the out tuned diff for the F104 will I then have to run the F104 tires and wheels instead of the f103 or the F109?

Thanks again, Mike
__________________
(Team Driver)
R/C America
Team Tekin
ProMatch
Parma
Michal101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 01:32 AM   #1191
Tech Elite
 
kschu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kota Kinabalu,Sabah
Posts: 4,598
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to kschu
Default

FOam tyres anyone
__________________
Give the best while u can !
kschu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 05:21 AM   #1192
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Perth, West Australia
Posts: 449
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michal101 View Post
So, then will the camber mount from the Tamiya f104 fit the 3Racing F109? Also, if I get the out tuned diff for the F104 will I then have to run the F104 tires and wheels instead of the f103 or the F109?

Thanks again, Mike
In terms of camber mount, i don't think the f104 camber mount will fit the stock f109 front end. This is because the F109 has the arms suspended via hinge pins, where the F104 has arms suspended by pivot balls. In saying this i haven't tried it.

In terms of tyres. I haven't got an outtuned diff, but im pretty sure the F103 tyres will also fit the F104 with the outtuned diff. The hex sizes should all be the same i believe.
LordAnubis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 05:32 AM   #1193
Tech Elite
 
tommi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: MATRIX
Posts: 2,898
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Ran the F109 on track the first time today...the car was BALLISTIC out-of-box!!

One question tho, has anyone tried to fit a cooling fan to the motor? I'm running the Tamiya Sport Tuned black can motor, gearing was at 4.67 FDR and the motor temperature was too high to my liking...

Or anyone knows if the 3Racing motor mount+cooling fan for the F104 fits the F109?
tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 05:34 AM   #1194
Tech Elite
 
tommi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: MATRIX
Posts: 2,898
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordAnubis View Post
In terms of tyres. I haven't got an outtuned diff, but im pretty sure the F103 tyres will also fit the F104 with the outtuned diff. The hex sizes should all be the same i believe.
F103 rear tyres can be used on the F104 out-tuned diff, they are of the same hex sizes. You'll need a different size bearing to use F103 FRONT tyres on the F104 tho.
tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 07:32 PM   #1195
Tech Fanatic
 
Michal101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Norfolk, VA
Posts: 985
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommi View Post
F103 rear tyres can be used on the F104 out-tuned diff, they are of the same hex sizes. You'll need a different size bearing to use F103 FRONT tyres on the F104 tho.

I appreciate the info.

Mike
__________________
(Team Driver)
R/C America
Team Tekin
ProMatch
Parma
Michal101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 07:34 PM   #1196
Tech Fanatic
 
Michal101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Norfolk, VA
Posts: 985
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordAnubis View Post
In terms of camber mount, i don't think the f104 camber mount will fit the stock f109 front end. This is because the F109 has the arms suspended via hinge pins, where the F104 has arms suspended by pivot balls. In saying this i haven't tried it.

In terms of tyres. I haven't got an outtuned diff, but im pretty sure the F103 tyres will also fit the F104 with the outtuned diff. The hex sizes should all be the same i believe.
Thanks for the info, now does anybody know where to purchase the 3racing alloy camber mount for the F109?
__________________
(Team Driver)
R/C America
Team Tekin
ProMatch
Parma
Michal101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 09:14 PM   #1197
Tech Master
 
Dan the Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Perth, W.A
Posts: 1,939
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michal101 View Post
Thanks for the info, now does anybody know where to purchase the 3racing alloy camber mount for the F109?
eBay, or RCMart.
__________________
|-●-|Hot Bodies Pro 5 |-●-|Hot Bodies D8 GT-E|-●-|The "F109X"|-●-|

If you don't have clean bearings, good transmission and a perfect car, trust me when I say this...someone else does.
Dan the Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 08:51 AM   #1198
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 762
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Is there any place in the US to purchase this car & some up grades ?.
hippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 11:11 AM   #1199
Tech Champion
 
MantisWorx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,864
Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)
Default

http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/rc-bes...o-p-31066.html

not in the US but you cant beat this deal! got mine last week and it is EXCELLENT! ESC even coems with a programmer!
MantisWorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 11:15 AM   #1200
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 762
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MantisWorx View Post
http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/rc-bes...o-p-31066.html

not in the US but you cant beat this deal! got mine last week and it is EXCELLENT! ESC even coems with a programmer!
The only thing about the kit, is that the local track has made thr F1 class a 21.5 spec class. So the motor would do me know good. Plus it is a sensorless motor.
hippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... Vyger Electric On-Road 13184 Yesterday 10:50 PM
Tamiya F104 Pro! NT Electric On-Road 9356 05-21-2017 02:08 PM
Tamiya F103 Forum TFR Electric On-Road 2215 03-31-2017 03:58 PM
F1 series new rides for '09 mxrich Georgia Racing 12 07-06-2009 03:37 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:02 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net