R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-17-2010, 04:17 AM   #931
Tech Master
 
Anders Myrberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Man´s best friend: Hugo Myrberg
Posts: 1,987
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by InZane View Post
Identical? - Not mine anyway!

Exakt! Fälgarna har ju helt olika färg. Det ser ju alla
Anders Myrberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 06:31 AM   #932
Tech Regular
 
trackster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Sydney
Posts: 351
Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)
Default

Anybody have a link to a online shop to buy F103 tyres and wheels by Ride? Want to buy a set for my new F109.

Also guys being new to F1, how do you make a F109's diff more open rather than locked? Any help much appreciated.
__________________
SC10 Pro 2 / TL-01D / F104W / SLASH 4x4
trackster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 06:49 AM   #933
Tech Elite
 
j.d.roost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,072
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

103 rides are hard to find.
In fact, 103 rubber in general is a bit hard to find.
I have had some luck tracking down the trg tires but they are $$.(over $50 a set by the time they ship ).
j.d.roost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:07 AM   #934
Tech Adept
 
InZane's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sweden
Posts: 248
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders Myrberg View Post
Exakt! Fälgarna har ju helt olika färg. Det ser ju alla
Raw fish has bad influence on your brain - get the next boat from Yokohama to Gothenburg now!

Eat some Tunnbrödrullars and have yourself a Pucko - that's what real men eat.



Your country needs you as well as your Team - Squderia Hugo / Koppartrans Racing - or you'll be helplessly last in the league if you don't show up in Viskafors!

BTW Anders - I won Concours d'Elegance in your absence
InZane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:27 AM   #935
Tech Adept
 
InZane's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sweden
Posts: 248
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackster View Post
Also guys being new to F1, how do you make a F109's diff more open rather than locked? Any help much appreciated.


Read this post 3racing F109 - maybe you can find it helpful.



I'm using Associated red diff grease instead of that silvery goo
InZane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 01:22 PM   #936
Tech Initiate
 
Andy p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: north east UK
Posts: 47
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default carbon chassis

[QUOTE=bjholz;7411729]So why you you think they went with an FRP chassis instead of carbon fiber? Will someone make a carbon fiber chassis for this car?[/QU
Attached Thumbnails
3racing F109-553923d1265916262-3racing-f109-img_0209%5B1%5D.jpg   3racing F109-553924d1265916350-3racing-f109-img_0210%5B1%5D.jpg   3racing F109-553925d1265916386-3racing-f109-img_0211%5B1%5D.jpg   3racing F109-553927d1265916413-3racing-f109-img_0212%5B1%5D.jpg  

Last edited by Andy p; 05-17-2010 at 01:36 PM. Reason: more pics
Andy p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 04:25 PM   #937
Tech Addict
 
bjholz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: MILWAUKEE
Posts: 606
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

[QUOTE=Andy p;7417346]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjholz View Post
So why you you think they went with an FRP chassis instead of carbon fiber? Will someone make a carbon fiber chassis for this car?[/QU

Where can i get that??? I will be racing on high bite carpet! Just got my car kit in the mail today!!!
__________________
www.trackside.com
FT SC10, FT B4, FT T4, b44.1
Tekin, Ace, Airtronics, Savöx, Novak, Murfdogg, LRP
bjholz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 06:13 PM   #938
Tech Master
 
GasGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Tween a Rock & a Hard Place in Pa.
Posts: 1,274
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Not needed-- the car is a rocket on carpet as is
It's on asphalt that I have a prob with---
__________________
F! Metal Militia,VTA NATION--Team SloMoFo
losi 8t,mbx5t,rc8
rc8,Kyosho rb5,SCR
ft4 MT wallet
cyclone;xxx-s;x-rayT2;crc gen xl;bmi 12rrl
GasGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 12:14 AM   #939
Tech Adept
 
InZane's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sweden
Posts: 248
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Swedish F1 Cup



I'm getting ready for the second race in the Swedish F1Cup.

I'll try some mods for rubber&asphalt this week end - I'll keep you informed about whats good & whats not ...
InZane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 12:16 AM   #940
Tech Adept
 
3rd-dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Germany
Posts: 128
Default

Hi guys,

i have a problem to build the diff.
Is that correct that the thrust bearing, the disk spring and the diff spacer spring will be mounted into the wheel? and not on the axle?
Never seen something like this before

If i mount it in the wheel i will not get the diff locked.

And is this normal that the thrust bearing gets really hard onto the axle?

I think that they are to small.
__________________
Cheers Mike
3rd-dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 12:11 AM   #941
Tech Addict
 
Buggy Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SoCal, CA
Posts: 580
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

[QUOTE=InZane;7414993]Identical? - Not mine anyway!

[/QUOTE

What kind of rims and rubber tires that will fit the F109?
__________________
RC America, Hudy, IGT8.com
RCTarget.com, DesotoRacing.com
MugenRacing.com, Nitrohouse.com
Buggy Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 12:23 AM   #942
Tech Master
 
Anders Myrberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Man´s best friend: Hugo Myrberg
Posts: 1,987
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by InZane View Post

Your country needs you as well as your Team - Squderia Hugo / Koppartrans Racing - or you'll be helplessly last in the league if you don't show up in Viskafors!

BTW Anders - I won Concours d'Elegance in your absence
Have been in Spain as well after Japan, and need to spend som time on my ´58 Thunderbird at the moment, so I guess I have to live with the shame of being last in the league....
Anders Myrberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 12:27 AM   #943
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Hawaii, USA
Posts: 7,177
Default

[QUOTE=bjholz;7418119]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy p View Post


Where can i get that??? I will be racing on high bite carpet! Just got my car kit in the mail today!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GasGod View Post
Not needed-- the car is a rocket on carpet as is
It's on asphalt that I have a prob with---
I'd use it just because it is carbon fiber! I dislike fiberglass chassis.

So yeah...where do I get that?
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 01:58 AM   #944
Tech Adept
 
InZane's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sweden
Posts: 248
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders Myrberg View Post
Have been in Spain as well after Japan, and need to spend som time on my ´58 Thunderbird at the moment....
No need to rub it in - I'm all envy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggy Man View Post
What kind of rims and rubber tires that will fit the F109?
All rims/rubber tires that fit F103/F104 will also fit the F1-09 - the F103 rims are the same width as the kit wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd-dan View Post
Hi guys,

i have a problem to build the diff.
Is that correct that the thrust bearing, the disk spring and the diff spacer spring will be mounted into the wheel? and not on the axle?
Never seen something like this before

If i mount it in the wheel i will not get the diff locked.

And is this normal that the thrust bearing gets really hard onto the axle?

I think that they are to small.
You have to check that the inner thrust bearing plate falls all the way down to the wheel and doesn't get locked on the axel - you may need to work the axle with some fine emery paper prior the assembly.
InZane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 02:03 AM   #945
Tech Adept
 
InZane's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sweden
Posts: 248
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

[QUOTE=InspGadgt;7425561]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjholz View Post



I'd use it just because it is carbon fiber! I dislike fiberglass chassis.

So yeah...where do I get that?

Carbon looks better - always!

Fiberglass handles better - in most cases.

The choice is really up to you ... I'd go for carbon chassis if I only could get hold of one
InZane is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... Vyger Electric On-Road 13478 Today 07:50 AM
Tamiya F104 Pro! NT Electric On-Road 9373 07-14-2017 08:58 PM
Tamiya F103 Forum TFR Electric On-Road 2215 03-31-2017 03:58 PM
F1 series new rides for '09 mxrich Georgia Racing 12 07-06-2009 03:37 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:08 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net