R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-19-2010, 12:31 PM   #706
Tech Elite
 
PAPOSWING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,942
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by danketchpel View Post
malcnz,

What length Ti turnbuckles are req'd for the steering links? I can't find the manual online anyplace or find a suitable parts callout which lists it. It looks like the short ones for the camber link are 3 x 15mm.

I wish I could find a manual or exploded view parts list someplace.

Can anybody say which is a better place to order from? I'm considering RC-Mart and RC-Mushroom right now. I'd like to use one that also has most of the upgrade stuff also so I can get it shipped all together. I'm ready to pull the trigger on this.
Ive ordered twice from each place, even dow you will get what you paid for,ive always got the Rcmushroom much faster then Rcmart. Rcmushroom about 1 week. Rcmart 2+ weeks. Also have in mind your location. hope it helped.
PAPOSWING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 11:32 PM   #707
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Camarillo, CA
Posts: 262
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Thanks guys for all the feedback!

Special thanks to tudor_47 for the link to the manual, that really helps me out. Now I know exactly what parts are used and how they go together.

I think I've got what I need to make up my list and place the order.

I was talking to the owner of a new RC Car specific hobby store in my area and he's interested to carry this car if he can find a distributor to work with.

I can't wait to build this car up. I've already got an Express Motorsports Duo 2 21.5 BL motor waiting to go into it. I'm pumped to race this class as we've got a pretty good contingent of F1 drivers at the local club (Roadrunners RC in Camarillo) already.
__________________
DM1-S Tekin 2650Kv
MTX-3 MR .12
TA05 IFS-R Tekin 17.5
TA03R Cirtix 17.5 club spec
F109 Tekin 21.5
danketchpel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 01:15 AM   #708
Tech Master
 
malcnz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: DUNEDIN, NewZealand
Posts: 1,299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by danketchpel View Post
Thanks guys for all the feedback!

Special thanks to tudor_47 for the link to the manual, that really helps me out. Now I know exactly what parts are used and how they go together.

I think I've got what I need to make up my list and place the order.

I was talking to the owner of a new RC Car specific hobby store in my area and he's interested to carry this car if he can find a distributor to work with.

I can't wait to build this car up. I've already got an Express Motorsports Duo 2 21.5 BL motor waiting to go into it. I'm pumped to race this class as we've got a pretty good contingent of F1 drivers at the local club (Roadrunners RC in Camarillo) already.
sorry I never got back as been tied up with our Nationals here in NewZealand...

finals day tomorrow and have qualified 2nd in F1 and what a car on soft rear foams..way better than rubbers for our outdoor track..night and day.
even the factory foams werent to bad but the softer Frewer foams were amazing.
I was worried a silver can would be to much and was on rubbers but changed to 27 turn last night and glad I did as was awesome with the extra grip of foams and the extra top end on our long back straight was much appreciated.
This is my first race meeting with this car and first racing an F1 and it was loads of fun and would just go were I pointed it and grip was amazing...couldnt fault it...
loads of steering and could really put it into corners aggresively and it just stuck...get one you wont regret it
__________________
SCHUMACHER MI5 EVO/TEAM POWERS/SANWA/DX4R PRO.

SERPENT F110/TEAMPOWERS 21.5.

LOSI 22 2.0/TEAM POWERS 8.5
malcnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 09:25 AM   #709
Tech Adept
 
InZane's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sweden
Posts: 248
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcnz View Post
..... loads of fun and it would just go were I pointed it and grip was amazing...couldn't fault it...
loads of steering and could really put it into corners aggressively and it just stuck...get one you wont regret it
+1

Good luck with your racing tomorrow!
InZane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 09:45 AM   #710
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dirty Jersey
Posts: 3,688
Trader Rating: 128 (100%+)
Default Tires for F109

Hey guys, I picked an F109 about 2 months ago but haven't had a chance to run it yet. I was wondering what foam and rubber wheels and tires will fit?

Thanks for the help.
skyline1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 10:28 AM   #711
Tech Elite
 
jeff jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Snohomish, WA
Posts: 3,970
Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sIUcHuN View Post
HIHI, this is my new F109.
i using Tamiya F104 Front suspension set, which include upright, steering pins, and steering arm.
does this make the front end 180mm ? this way you have the same width front and rear to run f104 rubber rims?
looks good.
__________________
Maclan Racing Products-RC US Imports - Sworkz USA - Bellgate Distributions
jeff jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 11:31 AM   #712
SMG
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 70
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default F-109

For Sale 3 Racing F109 with many upgrades.

Only Raced three times on carpet and has never seen asphalt.

Car comes with alum caster block, alum uprights, alum servo mount, Ti turnbuckles on the rear pod, New Blue Bird BMS-761DMG digital servo, Alum body posts, Two bodies, new extra wings, new extra helmet, Tamiya silver can motor, Kimbrough servo saver, and much more.

Also has a working rain light that plugs into your reciever

Speedcontrol and reciever, not included.

Looking to get $140, Pm me if interested

Thanks Steve
Attached Thumbnails
3racing F109-dscf2646.jpg   3racing F109-dscf2648.jpg   3racing F109-dscf2649.jpg   3racing F109-dscf2652.jpg   3racing F109-dscf2647.jpg  


Last edited by SMG; 02-20-2010 at 01:04 PM.
SMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 07:00 AM   #713
Tech Adept
 
EdLaJoie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 238
Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)
Default

Does anyone have problem with breaking of the Ball Mount (PD1)? I've broken 2 and noone has them in stock. Is there an upgrade for this piece? Thanks
EdLaJoie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 07:31 AM   #714
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,870
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I must admit, I have really smacked my car, but not really broke anything except the front steering arm, and it was a big smack. How are you breaking it?? and where?
DA_cookie_monst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 08:45 AM   #715
SMG
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 70
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMG View Post
For Sale 3 Racing F109 with many upgrades.

Only Raced three times on carpet and has never seen asphalt.

Car comes with alum caster block, alum uprights, alum servo mount, Ti turnbuckles on the rear pod, New Blue Bird BMS-761DMG digital servo, Alum body posts, Two bodies, new extra wings, new extra helmet, Tamiya silver can motor, Kimbrough servo saver, and much more.

Also has a working rain light that plugs into your reciever

Speedcontrol and reciever, not included.

Looking to get $140, Pm me if interested

Thanks Steve
SOLD THANKS
SMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 09:24 AM   #716
Tech Adept
 
InZane's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sweden
Posts: 248
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdLaJoie View Post
Does anyone have problem with breaking of the Ball Mount (PD1)? I've broken 2 and noone has them in stock. Is there an upgrade for this piece? Thanks
It's hard but not impossible, you just need to put some effort into it



I have some spare plastic B parts in the shop but unfortunately I'm in Sweden. Try RCMarket - I think they have them in stock (nice guy as well).

Hmm . two you said ... that's impressive!
InZane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 11:29 AM   #717
Tech Adept
 
abe-racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Derbyshire UK
Posts: 118
Default

lol wonder where you got the b parts from !!!!!

think i might of had an order here friday that was meant for you as it had your name all over the box inzane...
__________________
ABE-Racing,Team Orion, Blakey Designs, Xray RcDisco,T-Shox
abe-racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 11:52 AM   #718
Tech Adept
 
InZane's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sweden
Posts: 248
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abe-racing View Post
lol wonder where you got the b parts from !!!!!

think i might of had an order here friday that was meant for you as it had your name all over the box inzane...
Yes - I was going to recommend you but I bought all your remaining B parts .

Thanks for the fast services btw!
InZane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 11:57 AM   #719
Tech Adept
 
abe-racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Derbyshire UK
Posts: 118
Default

thanks mate...

i have tried to order more but ethel aint got any grrrr
__________________
ABE-Racing,Team Orion, Blakey Designs, Xray RcDisco,T-Shox
abe-racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 12:00 PM   #720
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,920
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abe-racing View Post
thanks mate...

i have tried to order more but ethel aint got any grrrr
any news on the stickers and a HPi body ???
sidecarphil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... Vyger Electric On-Road 13459 Today 03:35 PM
Tamiya F104 Pro! NT Electric On-Road 9373 07-14-2017 08:58 PM
Tamiya F103 Forum TFR Electric On-Road 2215 03-31-2017 03:58 PM
F1 series new rides for '09 mxrich Georgia Racing 12 07-06-2009 03:37 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:47 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net