R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-17-2010, 10:27 AM   #691
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Camarillo, CA
Posts: 262
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robk View Post
I just use tamiyas
Which Tamiya uprights? The white F103 version? What about the aluminum ones I saw on mac853's car?

I'm getting ready to purchase a F109 kit and am trying to piece together the necessary upgrades. I'm new to the F1 class so I'm not super familiar with all the Tamiya kit versions.

What parts do I need to build up the stiffer Tamiya front suspension assembly? I was going to use the 3Racing alum adj. caster mount for the F103GT is this the correct one?

Also the alum servo saver arm, should I just use the 3Racing one that fits my servo? Or are their different ones? Is there a better servo saver to use, say a Kimbrough or ??? I will be using a standard sized Airtronics servo.

I've read through almost all of this thread but some of it makes references that I'm not familiar with. I would appreciate any assistance in sorting out the suggested upgrades. Since it looks like the only way to get one of these kits is to order from overseas I'd like to put together a single order of the kit plus upgrade or tuning parts.

Also, I see the steering servo mounted in a variety of positions, which is better?

Thanks in advanced for any advice.
__________________
DM1-S Tekin 2650Kv
MTX-3 MR .12
TA05 IFS-R Tekin 17.5
TA03R Cirtix 17.5 club spec
F109 Tekin 21.5
danketchpel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 11:07 AM   #692
Tech Initiate
 
Andy p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: north east UK
Posts: 47
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Hi danketchpel

You seem to have it sussed i have the ally caster adjuster its a must i think as i have seen a few broke , also the saver is good idea as the kit is to flexy a Kimbrough one will be a good idea , i think i have a hot boddies one ! i have the ally uprights but i have never fitted them as i have never broke them! spur gears are a good spare as i have also seen a few stripped , i use 48dp as i had a rack of pinions , the spares are pretty cheap so maybe a diff re build kit for later might be handy and ti turnbuckles for the top arms! I got a low profile servo for mine as i found a std size with luggs cut off still was a bit tight and the low profile lines the steering arms up better

Hope this helps
Andy p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 12:34 PM   #693
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,920
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

any one want an almost new one

pm me

i am selling my redbull replica as i have too many cars and not enough time !!

sad really as i like it but cant have everything !!!
sidecarphil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 03:21 PM   #694
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Camarillo, CA
Posts: 262
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I'm looking at the various upgrades for the front suspension. Will the parts for the Tamiya F103RM/GT fit onto the F109 Chassis? Specifically I'm considering the following:

1. 3Racing alum caster block set
2. 3Racing front suspension kit (Made from Delrin)
3. 3Racing alum uprights
4. ??? for servo saver, what's best? Use the Tamiya Aluminum horn with the Tamiya high torque assembly?

I was looking at the Zeppin completely aluminum servo saver also.

Any feedback? Particularly for items 2-4.
__________________
DM1-S Tekin 2650Kv
MTX-3 MR .12
TA05 IFS-R Tekin 17.5
TA03R Cirtix 17.5 club spec
F109 Tekin 21.5
danketchpel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 04:26 PM   #695
Tech Champion
 
robk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Posts: 7,433
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by danketchpel View Post
I'm looking at the various upgrades for the front suspension. Will the parts for the Tamiya F103RM/GT fit onto the F109 Chassis? Specifically I'm considering the following:

1. 3Racing alum caster block set
2. 3Racing front suspension kit (Made from Delrin)
3. 3Racing alum uprights
4. ??? for servo saver, what's best? Use the Tamiya Aluminum horn with the Tamiya high torque assembly?

I was looking at the Zeppin completely aluminum servo saver also.

Any feedback? Particularly for items 2-4.

The stock upright from tamiya for the f103/f104 fits fine, it's the white one. The black one in graphite for the 15th anniversary also fits.

The caster adjustment block is great. Buy it.

Didn't know they had a delrin front end, but if it's stiffer than the stock pieces, that is good.

Don't know about aluminum uprights. Tamiya parts work just fine.

A Kimbrough medium servo saver should work fine as well as the Tamiya setup.
__________________
A mutually re-enforcing cascade of failure

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 06:27 PM   #696
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Camarillo, CA
Posts: 262
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Thanks for the feedback Robk

It's so hard to figure this stuff out if you don't have it front of you or have lots of experience with those particular models.

I'm still trying to sort out the F103, F103RM, and F103GT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robk View Post
Didn't know they had a delrin front end, but if it's stiffer than the stock pieces, that is good.
Here's what I found about the 3Racing Delrin front end. for the F103RM

It also comes with a set of 3 different front spring rates.

Maybe the Tamiya parts would be better as they are easier to find replacements in the US. If I use Tamiya front suspension parts, should I just pick all the stuff from the F103?

__________________
DM1-S Tekin 2650Kv
MTX-3 MR .12
TA05 IFS-R Tekin 17.5
TA03R Cirtix 17.5 club spec
F109 Tekin 21.5
danketchpel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 08:04 PM   #697
Tech Champion
 
robk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Posts: 7,433
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by danketchpel View Post
Maybe the Tamiya parts would be better as they are easier to find replacements in the US. If I use Tamiya front suspension parts, should I just pick all the stuff from the F103?
If you can find the link type suspension from the F103GT, that is the same as the 3Racing w/o camber adjustment. The parts will even interchange.
__________________
A mutually re-enforcing cascade of failure

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 09:08 PM   #698
Tech Master
 
malcnz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: DUNEDIN, NewZealand
Posts: 1,296
Default

pics of F60 on F109.
Attached Thumbnails
3racing F109-dscf0272.jpg   3racing F109-dscf0277.jpg   3racing F109-dscf0273.jpg   3racing F109-dscf0276.jpg  
__________________
SCHUMACHER MI5 EVO/TEAM POWERS/SANWA/DX4R PRO.

SERPENT F110/TEAMPOWERS 21.5.

LOSI 22 2.0/TEAM POWERS 8.5
malcnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 09:35 PM   #699
Tech Master
 
malcnz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: DUNEDIN, NewZealand
Posts: 1,296
Default

some better pics
Attached Thumbnails
3racing F109-dscf0285.jpg   3racing F109-dscf0286.jpg   3racing F109-dscf0284.jpg   3racing F109-dscf0282.jpg  
__________________
SCHUMACHER MI5 EVO/TEAM POWERS/SANWA/DX4R PRO.

SERPENT F110/TEAMPOWERS 21.5.

LOSI 22 2.0/TEAM POWERS 8.5
malcnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 11:58 PM   #700
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Camarillo, CA
Posts: 262
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

malcnz,

Nice!

What front suspension setup are you running on your F109? It looks exactly like what I'm planning on putting on mine.
__________________
DM1-S Tekin 2650Kv
MTX-3 MR .12
TA05 IFS-R Tekin 17.5
TA03R Cirtix 17.5 club spec
F109 Tekin 21.5
danketchpel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 01:22 AM   #701
Tech Master
 
malcnz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: DUNEDIN, NewZealand
Posts: 1,296
Default

Thanks,
std F109 arms but have the alloy caster set up with I think .20 associated springs to firm it up and Ti turnbuckles with the 3Racing alloy knuckles.
__________________
SCHUMACHER MI5 EVO/TEAM POWERS/SANWA/DX4R PRO.

SERPENT F110/TEAMPOWERS 21.5.

LOSI 22 2.0/TEAM POWERS 8.5
malcnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 08:02 PM   #702
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Camarillo, CA
Posts: 262
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

malcnz,

What length Ti turnbuckles are req'd for the steering links? I can't find the manual online anyplace or find a suitable parts callout which lists it. It looks like the short ones for the camber link are 3 x 15mm.

I wish I could find a manual or exploded view parts list someplace.

Can anybody say which is a better place to order from? I'm considering RC-Mart and RC-Mushroom right now. I'd like to use one that also has most of the upgrade stuff also so I can get it shipped all together. I'm ready to pull the trigger on this.
__________________
DM1-S Tekin 2650Kv
MTX-3 MR .12
TA05 IFS-R Tekin 17.5
TA03R Cirtix 17.5 club spec
F109 Tekin 21.5
danketchpel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 12:32 AM   #703
Tech Regular
 
tudor_47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sweden
Posts: 345
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by danketchpel View Post
malcnz,
I wish I could find a manual or exploded view parts list someplace.
manual: http://web.comhem.se/~u21703609/F109.pdf
__________________
Xray T4-14 (BLS551,4.5T/8.5T, Spectrum), Xray X10-15 (Lajf Racing widened 235 4T, IRS)
Lajf Racing P28(LiPo, spectrum), Lajf Racing P28GT (LiPo, spectrum )
Xray X1(21,5T, spectrum) Tamiya M05(tamiya ESC, silver can, spectrum)

Go 235mm with X10 widening parts from www.lajf.se Get your P28 at www.lajf.se/pshop
tudor_47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 07:35 AM   #704
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 10
Smile

HIHI, this is my new F109.
i using Tamiya F104 Front suspension set, which include upright, steering pins, and steering arm.
Attached Thumbnails
3racing F109-p1020854.jpg   3racing F109-p1020853.jpg   3racing F109-p1020835.jpg  
sIUcHuN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 08:52 AM   #705
Tech Master
 
mac853's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Dirty place
Posts: 1,736
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by danketchpel View Post
Which Tamiya uprights? The white F103 version? What about the aluminum ones I saw on mac853's car?

I'm getting ready to purchase a F109 kit and am trying to piece together the necessary upgrades. I'm new to the F1 class so I'm not super familiar with all the Tamiya kit versions.

What parts do I need to build up the stiffer Tamiya front suspension assembly? I was going to use the 3Racing alum adj. caster mount for the F103GT is this the correct one?

Also the alum servo saver arm, should I just use the 3Racing one that fits my servo? Or are their different ones? Is there a better servo saver to use, say a Kimbrough or ??? I will be using a standard sized Airtronics servo.

I've read through almost all of this thread but some of it makes references that I'm not familiar with. I would appreciate any assistance in sorting out the suggested upgrades. Since it looks like the only way to get one of these kits is to order from overseas I'd like to put together a single order of the kit plus upgrade or tuning parts.

Also, I see the steering servo mounted in a variety of positions, which is better?

Thanks in advanced for any advice.
That kind of my car is from 3racing.
mac853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... Vyger Electric On-Road 12642 01-15-2017 02:18 PM
Tamiya F104 Pro! NT Electric On-Road 9327 01-11-2017 01:04 PM
Tamiya F103 Forum TFR Electric On-Road 2199 08-27-2016 04:27 AM
F1 series new rides for '09 mxrich Georgia Racing 12 07-06-2009 04:37 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:44 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0