R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-20-2009, 12:02 AM   #226
Tech Addict
 
bsmooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Rocklin, California
Posts: 629
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Ok, so I received my kit today, and started to build. Low and behold, i'm missing the center shock spring!!

Could someone help me out and measure the length, and the diameter of the coils? Or better yet, if anyone knows of another brand to replace this with, that would help too.

Thanks in advance!
Steve
bsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 01:57 AM   #227
Tech Adept
 
InZane's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sweden
Posts: 248
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Tamiya touring car springs are the same size - the kit spring is very similar to the red one (11.5lbs, same as the F104 kit spring as well).
Without any tests the yellow (harder) Tamiya spring feels better IMHO.


Last edited by InZane; 10-20-2009 at 02:02 AM. Reason: Sorry - wrong pic
InZane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 06:16 AM   #228
Tech Master
 
veecee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 1,429
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by koz47 View Post
wrong if you look from the side, top of kingpin tilt forward towards front of car is NEGATIVE,kingpin tilted towards rear of car is POSITIVE

please do not give wrong info ,too many new people need the correct answers.
+10

Quote:
Originally Posted by InZane View Post
Tamiya touring car springs are the same size - the kit spring is very similar to the red one (11.5lbs, same as the F104 kit spring as well).
Without any tests the yellow (harder) Tamiya spring feels better IMHO.
Looking forward to your feedback.
__________________
SMOKEM --- HIRO SEIKO --- YOKOMO
veecee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 06:19 AM   #229
Tech Addict
 
bsmooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Rocklin, California
Posts: 629
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by InZane View Post
Tamiya touring car springs are the same size - the kit spring is very similar to the red one (11.5lbs, same as the F104 kit spring as well).
Without any tests the yellow (harder) Tamiya spring feels better IMHO.

Excellent!

Thanks InZane!
bsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 07:45 AM   #230
Tech Regular
 
rack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 477
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)
Default

I ran my cf109 box stock on our local carpet track yesterday and it was dailed . I have to say good job too 3racing.
rack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 09:51 AM   #231
Tech Elite
 
JayL's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ca
Posts: 2,814
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmooth View Post
Ok, so I received my kit today, and started to build. Low and behold, i'm missing the center shock spring!!

Could someone help me out and measure the length, and the diameter of the coils? Or better yet, if anyone knows of another brand to replace this with, that would help too.

Thanks in advance!
Steve
Tamiya touring yellow or red would work fine. I have a Tamiya red you can use until you get yours if you like, I will bring it wed night.
JayL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 08:06 AM   #232
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Dordon , England
Posts: 387
Default

Well after getting very bored of the stupid cost of touring cars i was looking for some form of cheap fun racing, looks like i could have found what im looking for in these F109's.

Carn't wait until mine turns up.
__________________
Xray X1 "16" driven by an idiot, me
weekendracer_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 08:46 AM   #233
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 42
Default

Hello, do you know, who have this kit on stock, RC model or Dinball, even RC mashrooms is out of stock. Thanks
majk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 09:15 AM   #234
Tech Elite
 
JayL's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ca
Posts: 2,814
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by weekendracer_uk View Post
Well after getting very bored of the stupid cost of touring cars i was looking for some form of cheap fun racing, looks like i could have found what im looking for in these F109's.

Carn't wait until mine turns up.
Exactly! Similar thinking across the pond
JayL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 10:08 AM   #235
VTR
Tech Elite
 
VTR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: SINGAPORE
Posts: 2,579
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

u guys makes mi so jealous....buy n sell mine within 1 week....look like its alot of fun....damn....im missing out....
__________________
http://www.tamiyaclub.com/member.asp?id=31105
VTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 10:20 AM   #236
Tech Addict
 
bsmooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Rocklin, California
Posts: 629
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayL View Post
Tamiya touring yellow or red would work fine. I have a Tamiya red you can use until you get yours if you like, I will bring it wed night.
Hey thanks Jay!

I actually went by Speedworld yesterday and picked up a Tamiya spring set. Could I borrow your truing arbor? I think a need to take off a few mm's of foam in order to get a decent ride height. I'll bring my Hudy.

Overall, the quality of the car is decent. The plastics are horribly soft though. Not just the suspension, but the servo saver is so soft, i can squeeze the ball ends together with my fingers. The wheels are extremely soft as well. I think I have a rear that is warped. The aluminum pieces are very nice. The machine work is flawless and everything actually fit perfectly; no mis-aligned screw holes. The suspension is very free, but not sloppy. They did a good job copying the Japanese kits. The technology 3Racing used in the rear is similar to the latest pan car offerings, and from personal expreience, should translate into a nimble car on the track.

See you tonight.

-Steve
bsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 01:34 PM   #237
Tech Champion
 
rc-zombies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NorCal. Napa area
Posts: 7,218
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmooth View Post
Hey thanks Jay!

I actually went by Speedworld yesterday and picked up a Tamiya spring set. Could I borrow your truing arbor? I think a need to take off a few mm's of foam in order to get a decent ride height. I'll bring my Hudy.

Overall, the quality of the car is decent. The plastics are horribly soft though. Not just the suspension, but the servo saver is so soft, i can squeeze the ball ends together with my fingers. The wheels are extremely soft as well. I think I have a rear that is warped. The aluminum pieces are very nice. The machine work is flawless and everything actually fit perfectly; no mis-aligned screw holes. The suspension is very free, but not sloppy. They did a good job copying the Japanese kits. The technology 3Racing used in the rear is similar to the latest pan car offerings, and from personal expreience, should translate into a nimble car on the track.

See you tonight.

-Steve
yes.. the plastic is on the soft side...get the optional aluminum servo saver arm. let us know what set-up you end up using.. hope to bring mine to SWR one weekend...
__________________
HB WCE HARA EDITION CYCLONE: LRP Sphere TC, KO 2363 digital servo.
HB HARA EDITION PRO4: Gone to a new home..

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 03:38 PM   #238
Tech Master
 
cheehtae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,470
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

will brushless fit?
__________________
every impulse that we strive to strangle broods in the mind, and poison us...action is a mode of purification... the only way to get rid of temptation is to yield to it.
cheehtae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 05:27 PM   #239
SMG
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 70
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Has anyone noticed side to side front wheel slop? My f-109 has about 1mm. I guess I'll have to shim It.
SMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 10:49 PM   #240
Tech Addict
 
bsmooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Rocklin, California
Posts: 629
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMG View Post
Has anyone noticed side to side front wheel slop? My f-109 has about 1mm. I guess I'll have to shim It.
Yes, i used a couple of .3mm shims from Kyosho. The good thing is that you'll need those shims to adjust the front width. Wider to tame a twitchy car, narrower to increase frond grip.
bsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... Vyger Electric On-Road 13183 Today 06:00 AM
Tamiya F104 Pro! NT Electric On-Road 9356 05-21-2017 02:08 PM
Tamiya F103 Forum TFR Electric On-Road 2215 03-31-2017 03:58 PM
F1 series new rides for '09 mxrich Georgia Racing 12 07-06-2009 03:37 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:17 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net