R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-01-2014, 08:06 AM   #1906
Tech Regular
 
longuylander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Long Island
Posts: 280
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Thanks for the link. If I find an on-road track near to me, I may finally pull the trigger on the conversion and now know what is needed.
longuylander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 12:17 PM   #1907
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 91
Default

Hi all, one used F109 arriving to me
what pinion I need ? 48p or 64p ?
coderzone77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 12:45 PM   #1908
Tech Regular
 
longuylander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Long Island
Posts: 280
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

The kit comes with a 64p spur, if you've gotten one new. Since you bought used, it's possible the original owner swapped to 48p.
longuylander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 12:25 PM   #1909
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 91
Default

F109 is here.
Anyway I don't know how to adjust ride height... maybe is it not possible ?
I have the foam tyres.
If I change them for rubber ones, does the ride height raise ?
what rubber tyres I have to buy ?
coderzone77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 06:24 PM   #1910
Tech Master
 
ShadowAu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Somewhere you'd never heard of
Posts: 1,494
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coderzone77 View Post
F109 is here.
Anyway I don't know how to adjust ride height... maybe is it not possible ?
I have the foam tyres.
If I change them for rubber ones, does the ride height raise ?
what rubber tyres I have to buy ?
Rear ride height is changed using the black offset inserts on the axle... front isn't adjustable out of the box but a trick a lot of people I know use is to replace the standard steering blocks with Tamiya ones and grind away the excess plastic. Only gives a couple of mm of adjustment but it is something.

Also the new Tuning Haus steering blocks allow some adjustment.

If using standard width then any F103 style rubber tyres will fit... most use Pit Shimzu... personally I prefer TRG but they aren't as easy to get
__________________
My car may look like it goes bad to you, but its actually far worse that you think it is...

I have only one more RC thing on my bucket list and I will keep racing (and probably coming last) till its done.
ShadowAu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 01:58 AM   #1911
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 91
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAu View Post
Rear ride height is changed using the black offset inserts on the axle... front isn't adjustable out of the box but a trick a lot of people I know use is to replace the standard steering blocks with Tamiya ones and grind away the excess plastic. Only gives a couple of mm of adjustment but it is something.

Also the new Tuning Haus steering blocks allow some adjustment.

If using standard width then any F103 style rubber tyres will fit... most use Pit Shimzu... personally I prefer TRG but they aren't as easy to get

Do you mean the axle up and down spacer a0-a2 ?
Thanks
coderzone77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 05:12 AM   #1912
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 91
Default

Someone please help me please
My F109 seems a bit different from what I see in the pdf manual
for example, look my photo:
Why mine is missing the rolling damper ?
And mine misses the upper fiber part and, strangely, my motor mount is made of plastic ?
Maybe do I have an "early" release of this chassis ?
I am in real trouble...


coderzone77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 05:56 AM   #1913
Tech Master
 
GasGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Tween a Rock & a Hard Place in Pa.
Posts: 1,270
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

that's a f103 motor pod adapted to 109 bottom pod plate.
why-- i havn't a clue
__________________
F! Metal Militia,VTA NATION--Team SloMoFo
losi 8t,mbx5t,rc8
rc8,Kyosho rb5,SCR
ft4 MT wallet
cyclone;xxx-s;x-rayT2;crc gen xl;bmi 12rrl
GasGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 06:23 AM   #1914
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 91
Default

Hi GasGod, you're great, you now really solved my question for good.
So the person who sold me that, changed some parts as now i remember he had a tamiya f103 too..
Too bad, now i have to buy and put the correct parts there....
Is it worthy?
coderzone77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 09:04 AM   #1915
Tech Master
 
Dan the Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Perth, W.A
Posts: 1,939
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coderzone77 View Post
Hi GasGod, you're great, you now really solved my question for good.
So the person who sold me that, changed some parts as now i remember he had a tamiya f103 too..
Too bad, now i have to buy and put the correct parts there....
Is it worthy?
Sorry to see you've been stitched up on that rear pod Here's what I was able to find that should fix it for you. You may need different rear ride height adjusters, but I'm pretty sure they're the same as the F103.

Motor plate: http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ....asp?p_id=2011

Rolling shock: http://www.ebay.com/itm/3Racing-F109...item20c130de60

Aluminum motor mount: http://www.ebay.com/itm/3Racing-F109...item20c130de60

Good luck mate, it's a sweet little car when you get it dialed in
__________________
|-●-|Hot Bodies Pro 5 |-●-|Hot Bodies D8 GT-E|-●-|The "F109X"|-●-|

If you don't have clean bearings, good transmission and a perfect car, trust me when I say this...someone else does.
Dan the Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 03:45 AM   #1916
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 91
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan the Man View Post
Sorry to see you've been stitched up on that rear pod Here's what I was able to find that should fix it for you. You may need different rear ride height adjusters, but I'm pretty sure they're the same as the F103.

Motor plate: http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ....asp?p_id=2011

Rolling shock: http://www.ebay.com/itm/3Racing-F109...item20c130de60

Aluminum motor mount: http://www.ebay.com/itm/3Racing-F109...item20c130de60

Good luck mate, it's a sweet little car when you get it dialed in
Thanks mate !!!
Just bought those parts,
but I see that i miss more things like
M3x6x6 aluminum post (for main damper...)
The rolling shaft and its bearings..
well, I can fix those soon
coderzone77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 04:33 PM   #1917
Tech Master
 
ShadowAu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Somewhere you'd never heard of
Posts: 1,494
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coderzone77 View Post
Thanks mate !!!
Just bought those parts,
but I see that i miss more things like
M3x6x6 aluminum post (for main damper...)
The rolling shaft and its bearings..
well, I can fix those soon
RCMart have the rolling shaft - http://www.rcmart.com/3racing-f10911...=595_1419_1420 - and the bearing are just 4x8's

good luck with the aluminium post... but any 3mm spacers made up to 6mm will do
__________________
My car may look like it goes bad to you, but its actually far worse that you think it is...

I have only one more RC thing on my bucket list and I will keep racing (and probably coming last) till its done.
ShadowAu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 04:36 AM   #1918
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 91
Default

Hi all, look these tyres:
http://www.dmmodel.it/gomme/gomme-on.../ri-26022.html

Are they OK for F109 ? or they are specified for F104?
I can't find preglued rubber tyres for F109
coderzone77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 05:29 AM   #1919
Tech Adept
 
Acid_CZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Valachian Kingdom
Posts: 143
Send a message via ICQ to Acid_CZ
Default

Car will look weird (wider front, narrow rear), unles you already change original front by F104 front. You will also need 4pcs 10x5 front ball bearings as F109 use 8x5. Try to look for preglued F103 rubber tires, these are direct fit.
__________________
"If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver"
Ayrton Senna
Acid_CZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 01:17 AM   #1920
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 91
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid_CZ View Post
Car will look weird (wider front, narrow rear), unles you already change original front by F104 front. You will also need 4pcs 10x5 front ball bearings as F109 use 8x5. Try to look for preglued F103 rubber tires, these are direct fit.
Thanks !
Can you tell me where i can buy those f103 preglued rubber tyres please?
coderzone77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... Vyger Electric On-Road 13173 Today 06:09 AM
Tamiya F104 Pro! NT Electric On-Road 9356 05-21-2017 02:08 PM
Tamiya F103 Forum TFR Electric On-Road 2215 03-31-2017 03:58 PM
F1 series new rides for '09 mxrich Georgia Racing 12 07-06-2009 03:37 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:25 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net