R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-29-2011, 10:39 AM   #1696
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kennesaw, GA
Posts: 2,454
Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootr117 View Post
I'm changing over to 21.5 brushless from a silvercan....what is a roll out range to start at for a medium indoor carpet track. I'm just looking to get in the ball park for the gearing for the Rev-tech 21.5.

Thanks.....Scooter
Im running currently 19/75 and it comes off ice cold. Was running 23/75 and it was a bit warm, maybe in the 120's. Im going to try a 21/75 as the 19 didnt have the top end punch of the 23 and the 23 didnt have the acceleration of the 19.
__________________
Hotshot Rc Raceway
kikcaffine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 05:16 PM   #1697
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 222
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

I was at my LHS today and they have some upgrade parts for the F109. Are there any upgrades that are really beneficial?
Delawareguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 05:31 PM   #1698
Tech Master
 
texastc's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Forney Texas
Posts: 1,583
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootr117 View Post
I'm changing over to 21.5 brushless from a silvercan....what is a roll out range to start at for a medium indoor carpet track. I'm just looking to get in the ball park for the gearing for the Rev-tech 21.5.

Thanks.....Scooter
I run the same gearing in the 21.5 as the silver can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delawareguy View Post
I was at my LHS today and they have some upgrade parts for the F109. Are there any upgrades that are really beneficial?
aluminum castor block. and titanium turnbuckles.

The stock plastic castor block cracks pretty easily. So the aluminum is the way to go there. I changed to a fixed F103 front end after a while. No adjustments on it, but its done well. And the carbon reinforced version is almost bullet proof. And cheap.

Also CRC side springs. Pretty much it, none of it is a must have, but they are nice, and do improve the car.

Here is list of what I've added
F103 fixed arms- composite
Titanium links front and sides
CRC side spring mod
steel rear axle
Clamp on Left wheel hub
3racing aluminum steering blocks
Associated 1/12 front springs .020-.024

To show you how tough the front end is here is a video where I crash a lot. (normal)

I stripped a spur at the 5 minute mark. But front end was OK. I'm the red and white car that crashes a lot. Had a bad day man.

http://youtu.be/CZuvB9Vdh9A
__________________
Exotek F1Ultra Tamiya TRF101 Speed Passion SP1 and Exotek F1UltraX Prototype.
"TexasTC, the single Greatest RCF1 racer I have ever known" - My mom
"you are a disgrace to RC" - everyone else. TCdoesRC
texastc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 07:58 PM   #1699
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 222
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

I'm almost finished building my 109 but I think I have a problem. I'm using a standard servo so I followed the appropriate directions regarding how to mount it. The ball ends that attach to the servo saver are rubbing the servo mount. Is this a common problem and how do I get rid of it?

I also received my wheels and tires from TQ Racing today. Talk about fast shipping. I haven't looked that closely so this may be a dumb question but how do you glue rubber tires to foam rims? Do I use the foam inserts?
Delawareguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:02 PM   #1700
Tech Master
 
texastc's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Forney Texas
Posts: 1,583
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delawareguy View Post
I'm almost finished building my 109 but I think I have a problem. I'm using a standard servo so I followed the appropriate directions regarding how to mount it. The ball ends that attach to the servo saver are rubbing the servo mount. Is this a common problem and how do I get rid of it?

I also received my wheels and tires from TQ Racing today. Talk about fast shipping. I haven't looked that closely so this may be a dumb question but how do you glue rubber tires to foam rims? Do I use the foam inserts?

Either move the servo farther forward, or lean it back at an angle a bit. I got my tires from TQ today as well. They always impress. Use the foam inserts, yes. As for gluing the tires on to foam rims, I'm not the one that can help there. Only done it once, and didn't do it very well. Some where in this post Some one explains it pretty well.

Also when you run that thing the first time, might ought to dial down your steering rate a bunch. I run with 55-70% steering.
__________________
Exotek F1Ultra Tamiya TRF101 Speed Passion SP1 and Exotek F1UltraX Prototype.
"TexasTC, the single Greatest RCF1 racer I have ever known" - My mom
"you are a disgrace to RC" - everyone else. TCdoesRC
texastc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 06:31 AM   #1701
Tech Elite
 
lightfoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Thousand Oaks
Posts: 3,588
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default UF1 Series

UF1 Winter Series
2nd Race will be this Saturday...
Doors open at 10AM....
Qualifying at 12...

http://uf1series.com/
__________________
Love and Peace...
lightfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:17 AM   #1702
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 222
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Last question... I hope. How do you attach the nose cone to the body? CA glue?
Delawareguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:31 AM   #1703
Tech Master
 
texastc's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Forney Texas
Posts: 1,583
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Double sided tap or Shoe Goo.
__________________
Exotek F1Ultra Tamiya TRF101 Speed Passion SP1 and Exotek F1UltraX Prototype.
"TexasTC, the single Greatest RCF1 racer I have ever known" - My mom
"you are a disgrace to RC" - everyone else. TCdoesRC
texastc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 07:31 PM   #1704
Tech Regular
 
namewasdallas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 299
Default

So I just bought one of these that used and prebuilt but never ran, I'm totally new to F1 cars. I am not racing this was just going to have some fun with it on some smooth surfaces. Im going to pull some parts from my other cars to make it run. My plan is to have a quick little car

I got a few questions tho.

I'm going to run a brushless setup I have a 4 pole 4600kv castle motor out of my hpi stadium truck. its a 540 size motor, will the diff be able to hold up ? Plans are to do some speed runs nothing to crazy just 3s lipo


How many teeth is the Spur gear 75 I think i read somewhere?

How large of a pinion can I run with the stock mount? 36?

Last question is it 48p or 66p?
namewasdallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 02:12 AM   #1705
Tech Regular
 
MarkBurgess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Norwich, United Kingdom
Posts: 270
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delawareguy View Post
Last question... I hope. How do you attach the nose cone to the body? CA glue?
I use double sided carpet tape...nice and thin. It can get a bit of a bashing, and taping it means it will just fall off rather than rip in a shunt.

If you are using the F109 fonr wing then it can help to cut the nose cone shorter. That way the wing will hit the barrier first, rather than the nose cone.

Hope that helps,
Mark
MarkBurgess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 02:21 AM   #1706
Tech Regular
 
MarkBurgess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Norwich, United Kingdom
Posts: 270
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delawareguy View Post
I was at my LHS today and they have some upgrade parts for the F109. Are there any upgrades that are really beneficial?
Repeating some of the previous replies...

The alloy caster adjuster is the key upgrade for the F109. The stock plastic part can break in the thinner sections if you have a heavy shunt.

The CRC side spring mod doesn't use F109 upgrade parts, but is a big help with side to side movement. I've used Associated side springs but used the same basic approach. Details are covered earlier in this thread, and seen lots of references to how to do it.

I'd also recommend running 1/12th front springs rather than the F109 kit. And as the F109 centre shock is the same dimensions as a 1/10th Touring Car kit, then Touring car springs fit it fine. I've been running 14lbs and 16lbs springs on it.

I have a wide range of 64dp spur and pinion gears. To run that spur you'd need the white plastic F109 spur gear adapter.

I'm still running kit tyres. I have got the stronger side links but these reallt aren't essential in my view.

Hope that helps
Mark
MarkBurgess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 11:07 AM   #1707
Tech Initiate
 
rickthejetman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 29
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by namewasdallas View Post
So I just bought one of these that used and prebuilt but never ran, I'm totally new to F1 cars. I am not racing this was just going to have some fun with it on some smooth surfaces. Im going to pull some parts from my other cars to make it run. My plan is to have a quick little car

I got a few questions tho.

I'm going to run a brushless setup I have a 4 pole 4600kv castle motor out of my hpi stadium truck. its a 540 size motor, will the diff be able to hold up ? Plans are to do some speed runs nothing to crazy just 3s lipo


How many teeth is the Spur gear 75 I think i read somewhere?

How large of a pinion can I run with the stock mount? 36?

Last question is it 48p or 66p?
if you run with that motor you will hate your car and give up on it quickly. if your just going fun running with it i recomend a 21.5 or a 17.5 and some rubber tires for asphalt. the gears are 64p you'll have to mess around with the gearing depending on where you run.
have fun, i bash mine at work in the smooth parking lot all the time/ be aware they handle very poorly on un preped surfaces.
rickthejetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 12:16 AM   #1708
Tech Elite
 
lightfoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Thousand Oaks
Posts: 3,588
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default UF1 Series

3rd round of the UF1 Winter Series this Saturday in Chino California...
Doors open at 10AM...
Qualifying begins at 12 noon...

Hideo Kitazawa is flying over from Japan to join us... Hard core baby !

http://uf1series.com/index.html

http://uf1series.com/_gallery/UF1Girls1.html
__________________
Love and Peace...
lightfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 01:08 AM   #1709
Tech Regular
 
tudor_47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sweden
Posts: 345
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightfoot View Post
3rd round of the UF1 Winter Series this Saturday in Chino California...
Doors open at 10AM...
Qualifying begins at 12 noon...

Hideo Kitazawa is flying over from Japan to join us... Hard core baby !

http://uf1series.com/index.html

http://uf1series.com/_gallery/UF1Girls1.html
I think it is time for uf1serie to have their own thread hera at rctech.

Maybe you could shoot som e video of the finals?
__________________
Xray T4-14 (BLS551,4.5T/8.5T, Spectrum), Xray X10-15 (Lajf Racing widened 235 4T, IRS)
Lajf Racing P28(LiPo, spectrum), Lajf Racing P28GT (LiPo, spectrum )
Xray X1(21,5T, spectrum) Tamiya M05(tamiya ESC, silver can, spectrum)

Go 235mm with X10 widening parts from www.lajf.se Get your P28 at www.lajf.se/pshop

Last edited by tudor_47; 12-16-2011 at 01:35 AM.
tudor_47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 07:57 AM   #1710
Tech Elite
 
lightfoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Thousand Oaks
Posts: 3,588
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tudor_47 View Post
I think it is time for uf1serie to have their own thread hera at rctech.
We kinda use this thread ( F1 is alive and well in So. Cal! )

But I do spam all the F1 related threads before each race sorry for the junk mail...
__________________
Love and Peace...
lightfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... Vyger Electric On-Road 13713 Yesterday 01:47 PM
Tamiya F104 Pro! NT Electric On-Road 9382 10-05-2017 02:12 PM
Tamiya F103 Forum TFR Electric On-Road 2241 09-14-2017 12:57 PM
F1 series new rides for '09 mxrich Georgia Racing 12 07-06-2009 03:37 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:32 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net