Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

3racing F109

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 01:45 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by wiktor0410
guys, what do you mean by 'side spring mod'?
today, I went to our local track to test the car - it is awesome! I can't wait to the winter season starts!
It is when you rebuild the rear side springs in the F109 so that they can work as tweak springs too, this is usually done by putting CRC tweakspring in and putting a 4-40 set screw in from the top..... anyways after this is done you can adjust the twaek of your F109....

search fro CRC mod..

It worked wonders on mine.
Old 07-31-2011, 08:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/7408210-post918.html
Old 07-31-2011, 08:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

I have one coming to me soon.... so stoked! F1 is alive and well at my local track, I'm ready to rumble
Old 08-08-2011, 04:00 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hey guys, finally finished my build, and the car is ready to run. But I have 3 questions.

I need help with gear ratios, this is my first direct drive car. Just have the kit wheels on, running with a 13t hw 3000kv system (same as used in aus mini racing). This is proven to be very similar to the black can tamiya motor. Large outdoor track with a long straight with full throttle sweepers onto and off it (in boosted 17.5 stock tc, the fdr is about 5.5-6). Medium lowgrip technical carpet decent straight but not huge. At the moment I have kit spur, and smallest pinion the lhs had was 32 (64 pitch).

Secondly, what 48p spurs suit the car? I tried a Robinson but it didn't have the diff ball spots in the same place as the kit one. There's a fair bit of debris where I run so the kit 64 won't last long.

Lastly, where is a good place for bodies and decals? I want to reproduce an old skool mclaren (Senna/Prost era). Ideally, with little to no mods involved. I'm based in aus, but getting from OS doesn't matter.

Thanks heaps for the help guys. Can't wait to give the f109 it's first run (fingers crossed for Thursday).
Old 08-10-2011, 03:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I'm sure its been discussed but i did the crc mod and was wondering what side spring is being used and also how much preload or no preload, just tweaking the car and going. Next question is, will a F103 body fit the 109 and if so TQ has them for 24 bucks! Are the front kit springs what everyone is using or something different ie. associated or crc?
Old 08-10-2011, 12:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wollow86
Hey guys, finally finished my build, and the car is ready to run. But I have 3 questions.

I need help with gear ratios, this is my first direct drive car. Just have the kit wheels on, running with a 13t hw 3000kv system (same as used in aus mini racing). This is proven to be very similar to the black can tamiya motor. Large outdoor track with a long straight with full throttle sweepers onto and off it (in boosted 17.5 stock tc, the fdr is about 5.5-6). Medium lowgrip technical carpet decent straight but not huge. At the moment I have kit spur, and smallest pinion the lhs had was 32 (64 pitch).

Im running a 30/98 with a silvercan. I ran a 24/100 with a 17.5

Secondly, what 48p spurs suit the car? I tried a Robinson but it didn't have the diff ball spots in the same place as the kit one. There's a fair bit of debris where I run so the kit 64 won't last long.
Kimbrough fit with the adapter also

Lastly, where is a good place for bodies and decals? I want to reproduce an old skool mclaren (Senna/Prost era). Ideally, with little to no mods involved. I'm based in aus, but getting from OS doesn't matter.
Tamiya F103 bodies are available many places. In the US (where I am) I use TQRCracing.com. D-Drive BanzaiHobby some nice bodies too

Thanks heaps for the help guys. Can't wait to give the f109 it's first run (fingers crossed for Thursday).

See above
Old 08-10-2011, 12:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rcdave1
I'm sure its been discussed but i did the crc mod and was wondering what side spring is being used and also how much preload or no preload, just tweaking the car and going. Next question is, will a F103 body fit the 109 and if so TQ has them for 24 bucks! Are the front kit springs what everyone is using or something different ie. associated or crc?

I use the red CRC springs for carpet, as that what Robk uses. Preload varies, have to find what works, but I dont use alot. F103 bodies do fit the F109, you will have to do some extra trimming, but the do fit. I am running one at the moment. I have the Tamiya front spring set and Associated 1/12 front springs. Im using .22 associated right now.
Old 08-10-2011, 04:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I use the blue springs on outdoor tracks.. with both rubber and foams.. tried the red springs didn't work for me.. only recently went to blues and wished I did from the start. Also with preload I put the spring all the way in so that its touching the holder on both sides just.. then I set the tweak by raising the front.. I just get a 2mm and screw the bottom screw which moves the spring holder/sping to adjust the tweak..

Originally Posted by rcdave1

A 2mm spacer under the shock on the pod side gave the car allot of rear grip.. didnt think it would make such a difference..

Just a question for some of you.. how much weight do you run in the back?? also do you but more weight on one side of the pod to balance out the motor?? Was also thinking of putting some weight in the front of the car also infront of the servo or were ever I can fit it low on the chassis... some of the 104 guys do it with good results.. have a very light battery in the car.. 3racing 3700.. and I think the car could do with some more weight..
Old 08-10-2011, 04:13 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by texastc
apologies for the bad paint. But heres my F109 with a low nose F103 body.
Theres nothing wrong with that paint. Where have I seen those wheels. I need a set. Those are beautymoss.
Old 08-10-2011, 06:32 PM
LHD
Tech Initiate

Thanks! Im planning to buy f109. F1 racer is coming back in my local track...
Old 08-10-2011, 06:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
Theres nothing wrong with that paint. Where have I seen those wheels. I need a set. Those are beautymoss.
Thanks! The wheels are Rides, tires are Pit Shimizus.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:19 AM
Tech Elite

Default UF1 Series

This Sunday August 14th... UF1 Series race 6 will be at Monte Carlo ( Speedtech )

http://uf1series.com/schedule.html
Old 08-13-2011, 02:18 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Post Weight Distrubution

I have read on some posts the ideal weight distibution for the F109 is about 40% front and 60% rear.

So to do this i have added a bit of weight up front and have almost 70g in the rear pod right below the rear axle. ( NOTE: i have done this because i use a small battery ,1800mah , on my car to get the best weight distribution. )

When you get weight pretty much spot on , it really improves the handling of the car a whole lot, very noticable.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:09 AM
Tech Master

I tried my battery sideways for the last race, and it HAULED ASS. Didn't have to mod anything except put a couple of back-stops to prevent it hitting the side shock. Put the esc and receiver in front and clsoe to the centre-line.

As McLarenFan will tell, it stuck to the track like glue
Old 08-14-2011, 08:38 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JR007
I tried my battery sideways for the last race, and it HAULED ASS. Didn't have to mod anything except put a couple of back-stops to prevent it hitting the side shock. Put the esc and receiver in front and clsoe to the centre-line.

As McLarenFan will tell, it stuck to the track like glue
I will try this out. Im having an issue with the rear sliding out getting on power out of a turn on carpet. Just cant seem to get it like I want it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.