R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Tamiya TCS 2004 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/31749-tamiya-tcs-2004-a.html)

sipaboy 01-20-2004 01:38 PM

Tamiya TCS 2004

Our local track Hobbytown Newark California is hosting the first of a series of TCS races. Just wondering who's coming from out of town. What are you guys running and setups? Lots of TB-02 for sure. I myself will be running GT1[414m] and Mini[mo3L].Mini this year is going to be big here in Northern California.Can't wait.....

racenut123 01-20-2004 02:12 PM

Whats up henry!I need a favor from you bro!Call me when you have the time today.

John

ps...I know of at least 4-5 guys coming from the the LA area.Mini will definately be really fun.Gus Rosal got a mini just for this race.ITS GONNA BE CLOSE.

eeyan 01-20-2004 02:53 PM

Okay, this maybe out of topic... but I was just wondering how many p'noys will be there... hehehe... I'm hoping to bring a caravan boat load of these human species... LOL!

rcspeedo 01-20-2004 03:33 PM

:D Cool, we should start our own thread, overseas p'noys running r/c. ;)

I would definitely come if I was in the states, here we have to qualify and go to our own Canadian TCS finals to qualify in the NW TCS. But it's all in good intention, just look at Martin Crisp.

racenut123 01-20-2004 03:39 PM

I am half.Does that count?Sipaboy is too. All the guys who race here are either filipino or chinese! Dude filipinos would race jeepnys if that was the only thing around to race!
All my boys I race with regularly are pinoy.Its all good brotha!

sipaboy 01-20-2004 03:40 PM

Any southern boys coming up?Any of them mini drivers? Fastest growing class[mini cooper] right now in the Bay Area.

rcspeedo 01-20-2004 04:15 PM

Yes bro, it still counts! :D

I'm full blooded. We did start running race with jeepnys but found that it would lean too much in the corner:p have you ever seen the actual jeepneys fly in the Phil! they do race ya know!

I've been to the bay area several times on business and almost got lost going into the Jolibee place:D

Anyways, good luck to you guys in your TCS:D

eeyan 01-20-2004 04:38 PM

We'll see you guys there... at least 4 TAOB members will drive overnight from SoCal to mix in the fun... I'm sure we'll be meeting some wonderful racers during the weekend...

sipaboy 01-20-2004 08:50 PM

Will be nice to meet the So. Cal pinoys. Eeyan, I got a body I need you to paint[lol!! a mini cooper]. Most famous Pinoy[eeyan] in RC!!

Hebiki 01-20-2004 10:21 PM

food?

ill only go if there's food at that TCS.... pancit palabok.. lumpia... fried race. we should have a buffet! :) im still undecided. kinda of a long drive and i got work at 5am on monday.

racenut..did you receive the mini yet? i havent heard anything from you :)

if i do go.. ill be rolling with eeyan (sensei as i call him), izzyracer, and dyaz21. :) and maybe tony q.

rto997 01-20-2004 10:57 PM

hebiki- Man you gotta go!!

Sipaboy- Are they going to have Dependable power???

Aurra Sing 01-20-2004 11:13 PM

Another Filipino going to TCS... I'll be there

There's good food there... like the chinese and filipino bakery

sipaboy 01-21-2004 06:42 AM

Yes, we have power[pinoy power]. The race is 2 minutes away[walking] from Goldilocks and a minute away from Red ribbon bakery. Hey if we get in trouble, my school[Manila Taekwondo]is only a few minutes away.lol!!Hobbytown Newark[host track] has a lot of Tamiya parts,tires and wheels.What classes are the So. Cal boys running??

Hebiki 01-21-2004 10:42 AM

Classes...

the TAOB Racing team (me, eeyan, izzyracer and dyaz21) will be running GT1 (mostly evo III blue converted and surikarns) and GT2 with our super twitchy 04-SS. dyaz21 will run a normal wheelbase 04. :)

im still undecided.. its a long drive and i have work the next day at 5am! its 51% no go right now.. and 49% go :D

if i can sell my barracuda R2.. THEN ill go!

linger 01-21-2004 12:03 PM

Hebiki, Eeyan, rto,

Ling says you must go.
:nod: