Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ppabalan
hey Deves, this Saturday at BCR round#3
I'll be there!
Old 08-26-2009, 10:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by gwilli2001us
Hey Guys...It's Glenn From The Greater L.A. R/C Racing Club and we wish to thank Patrick P. and ABC racing for his visit to the track this past weekend, we are also very happy to be hosting the ABC, Mini, and RC G.T. Classes at our next event September 13, 2009.

There will be free practice Saturday September 12, 2009 as a welcome to the electric guys. We also have a 6000 watt and a additional 1500 watt generator for your charging needs. We really have no idea how many people will show for the weekend but if you have your own generator, might be a good idea to bring it.

We also have an air compressor to blow off the cars and the club will provide cold water to the drivers all weekend.

Our drivers stand is also the race trailer which is 26ft long and 8ft high with stairs and a surrounding saftey rail. There is plenty of parking and pit space but bring EZ-UPS, also, all cars MUST have personal transponders.

This will also be your chance to see the 1/5 cars in action as well as the nitro sedan and 1/8 scale.

Our club has waited a long time to bring the electric racing back to our program and we welcome you guys. Think I'll even bring my ABC Datsun 510 to get in on the fun!!

See U guys soon and welcome!!

Glenn Williams
President,
Greater L.A. R/C Racing Club
OH sweet! a new Venue!!! I can hardly wait!
Old 08-26-2009, 10:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by bingalpina
Patrick,

We should support Shaw and Glenn(Greater L.A. RC)!!!No lipo's,charger,no motor fan,and no stress !!I know you have 3 1/5th scale somewhere in your house!!Alot of our ABC racers raced their 1/5th last sunday!Shaw,Ray,Chris Verano.,Michael P.,Ryan N,Victor Garcia,Rory,Jerome,Eric P.,Brian Thomas,and Me!!...Just bring regular unleaded gas and we are ready to go!!Oh and don't forget 2 stroke oil!!

what Alfa Romeo is that in the picture?.. I know it's a 155 DTM but what chassis and who makes it?

Salamat Pare
Old 08-26-2009, 11:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by akura2
what Alfa Romeo is that in the picture?.. I know it's a 155 DTM but what chassis and who makes it?
Salamat Pare
It's a TAMIYA TGX Mk.1 TS.
Old 08-27-2009, 01:30 AM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

Yeah...the nicads in all of our handout transponders are shot so until we fix em next year, all cars must have P.T.'s

As far as practice on Saturday...it will be controlled so we wont have 1/12 cars and minis running with 1/5 scale LOL!!

Qualifying on Sunday will begin at 9:30 SHARP so be on time. To insure great traction all weekend, we will spray a base mix of castor oil, Mountain Dew syurp and methanol topped off with VHT. This was done at the last race and as the day went on, we saw some cars actually trying to traction roll, the bite was INSANE!!.

We are also going to talk with Patrick about an electric only event at the Carson Mall. This place is great exposure for the sport with a lot of spectators and being at the mall, great food and shopping etc.

I think we will try and get some trophies for this race in September as well. nbo promises, we will see What is the average number of electric racers at this type of event?

ABC'S - ?
R/C G.T.'S -?
Minis -?
Please let us know

Thanks!!
50% of our racers don't have personal transponder!!!!I think we shouldn't have our race with greater L.A. because of this matter!!!For me it is ok because I have PT!!We have alot of begginers in our ABC series and for them to buy a $100.00 PT is out of the question!!!I know some of our racers will not show up because of this!!We are trying to promote ABC for everybody so that they can have fun with less $money to spend!!TY!!!
Old 08-27-2009, 01:46 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by revoTPR
uh-ohhh i know a few guys in the series that doesnt have personal transponders..including me
Revo,
Sorry for the PT issue!!I can lend you mine but we have to share!!We will just take it from my car after each heat and put it back after your race!WCRC open soon please!!
Old 08-27-2009, 06:50 AM
Tech Addict

BCR this Saturday MJGTC Race #3

We will have all types of racing available with the MJGTC race. So if you have a touring car, rcgt, 12th scale or F1 those classes will also run.

Gates open at 7:00am
track open for practice at 9:00am
Racing starts at 11:30am

We provide power and we also have transponders available.

Raffell
Old 08-27-2009, 06:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Yeah...the nicads in all of our handout transponders are shot so until we fix em next year, all cars must have P.T.'s
Thanks!!
Glenn, how long has it been since you used the transponders? Does there charger still work? How many volts are they? I.E. 1.2v?

I may be able to fix them....
Old 08-27-2009, 06:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hey Raffell the Deves is coming back to B.C.R
Old 08-27-2009, 08:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Raffell
BCR this Saturday MJGTC Race #3

We will have all types of racing available with the MJGTC race. So if you have a touring car, rcgt, 12th scale or F1 those classes will also run.

Gates open at 7:00am
track open for practice at 9:00am
Racing starts at 11:30am

We provide power and we also have transponders available.

Raffell
see u this SATurday RAFF raffellll
Old 08-27-2009, 08:40 AM
Tech Master

We have a set of 10 handout transponders, charger and rack working fine. Batteries just too old to accept a charge and the best one only stays charged for about 10min or so.

If we can order the batteries and transponder cases from AMB next week, we can fix them. I have changed transponder batteries in the past and although it's not that hard, it is time consuming. If you have help or suggestions please feel free to email me [email protected] and thanks for your offer to help!!

We really want the guys to come and race with us so we will do what we can to accomidate the drivers.

Stay Tuned!!
Old 08-27-2009, 02:30 PM
Tech Regular

Last edited by revoTPR; 09-25-2009 at 03:51 PM.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Thumbs up One more day to go !!!

This saturday, BCR is the place to be!!!.... while everyone at TCS are jockeying for the flight to Japan (good luck guys), we will be assending to cloud 9 at BCR , with the perfect traction, and technical track layout, guaranteed a euphoric MJGTC ROUND#3..... where it all started,. Bending Corners Raceway

Old 08-27-2009, 04:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ppabalan
This saturday, BCR is the place to be!!!.... while everyone at TCS are jockeying for the flight to Japan (good luck guys), we will be assending to cloud 9 at BCR , with the perfect traction, and technical track layout, guaranteed a euphoric MJGTC ROUND#3..... where it all started,. Bending Corners Raceway

i like that body alot haha
Old 08-27-2009, 06:31 PM
Tech Adept

Yes ABC please make that body!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.