ABC Hobby MSeries v2i

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 03:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by J.Dy
Feels like home.

I'm liking the new dates. Broke my Helios last night so I'll be out for a while.

Patrick, ill give my 2c tonight.
I'll get you the drop down wheels, can't loose the pulse Jdy
Old 08-04-2009, 04:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ppabalan
A shy newbie PMed me asking about the different performance effect that the 3 diffs ie. , ball diff, one way, spool can give a car, most specaily in our class 4WD mini.

he was there last night at WCRC just to watch the minis and over heared some discussion about diffs that made him comfused more?

can you put in your two cents on this, for new in the hobby brother . thanks
Spool and front diff feel very similar- difference being spool has a touch of push going into the corner and then creates steering while coming out. Spool may cause the front tire to hop on a mini so be careful with it- could make the car erratic if you are running firm springs. If you tighten down a front diff you can simulate a spool effect but not get as much tire hop which is ideal.

One way is no no for anyone new to racing- It creates LOTS of off power steering and the car can rotate (turn) too fast for newer drivers. Skilled drivers actually like a car to handle like that tho.

Hope that helps some
Old 08-04-2009, 04:11 PM
Tech Champion

Second that chris, use the MJGTC series second round on Aug 15th at OCRC . while running in the mini series, you get to squeeze in some RCGT tunning on the carpet
Ohh so MJGTC will continue then this month at OCRC?
Old 08-04-2009, 04:17 PM
Tech Regular

Last edited by revoTPR; 09-25-2009 at 03:34 PM.
Old 08-04-2009, 04:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by MikeR
Ohh so MJGTC will continue then this month at OCRC?

Yeah Mike THE MJGTC Series is still on for AUG 15th at OCRC.
Old 08-04-2009, 04:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

pardon my ignorance, but I thought the next race series is this coming Sunday at OCRC? Just curious, either way that's fine, i'll be tuning my 13.5 if there's no abc race

Lucas
Old 08-04-2009, 04:39 PM
Tech Champion

Sounds good! What's the ruling on inserts? I hear people are having to stuff the ABC front tires to keep from traction rolling at OCRC
Old 08-04-2009, 04:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by akura2
Great seeing all of you guys last night even though I came too late to race...

Whatever the next race will be 8/15 or 9/12 I'll be there...

and whatever races come up at bending corners or WCRCR I'll try to make it... keep us all posted

considering that the OCRC race has to be moved to 9/12, maybe we can stick a WCRCR or BCR race in on 8/15 instead to fill in the schedule
Akura, What time did you get there, I left around 9:15
Old 08-04-2009, 04:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Sounds good! What's the ruling on inserts? I hear people are having to stuff the ABC front tires to keep from traction rolling at OCRC
I heard but we will be using the same spec stock inserts, I think this will be a challenging track for everyone, fast cars will be slowed down a bit, loosin up the suspension and let the chassis role maybe everyone's ticket to the winning circle
Old 08-04-2009, 05:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by luketob
pardon my ignorance, but I thought the next race series is this coming Sunday at OCRC? Just curious, either way that's fine, i'll be tuning my 13.5 if there's no abc race

Lucas
Hi Luke its on August 15th and its on a saturday, you can tune your ABC too on the carpet this sunday
Old 08-04-2009, 07:25 PM
Tech Elite

Ahh, I love the feeling of a new home!

Well, let me post some pics of my car and The Track (under remodeling):

The Track (under remodeling waiting for the click-tracks pieces to come in):

The Pit Area (under remodeling):

And finally, my car:

Hope to see you guys come down sometime. I think we are shooting for August 29 for our first race. Mimi will have more details.

I have some more pics coming with the current track template until the click-track pieces come in.

And if you guys are interested in learning more about The Track, please visit http://www.rctrack.com. You will see the old layout and how big the track really is under the Media heading at the top of the page.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

What's everyones opinion on servos? Is a faster digital servo better than a fast speed metal gear servo.for these cars or are people just using whatever?
Old 08-04-2009, 08:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Deves
What's everyones opinion on servos? Is a faster digital servo better than a fast speed metal gear servo.for these cars or are people just using whatever?
I use a Cirrus non digital high speed/torque metal gear servo (CS702MG), and it works fine for me. These cars take alot of beating during wheel to wheel racing, so metal gear is the way to go. It's actually an upgrade from my old Futaba high speed nylon gear servo (S132H).
Old 08-04-2009, 08:55 PM
avs
Tech Master

Default default setup?

does anyone have a default setup they would share? (for BCR or WCRC would be even better)

i bought a genetic 2nd hand and there was no setup sheets etc thanks for the help!
Old 08-04-2009, 09:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Spool and front diff feel very similar- difference being spool has a touch of push going into the corner and then creates steering while coming out. Spool may cause the front tire to hop on a mini so be careful with it- could make the car erratic if you are running firm springs. If you tighten down a front diff you can simulate a spool effect but not get as much tire hop which is ideal.

One way is no no for anyone new to racing- It creates LOTS of off power steering and the car can rotate (turn) too fast for newer drivers. Skilled drivers actually like a car to handle like that tho.

Hope that helps some
Hi Mike, hope you don't mind if I add to this a little. Keep in mind that the one way will take away your front braking making all that off power steering even more interesting if you get a little agressive with the brakes in the corner. I've used the one way in the past on more open tracks with more sweeping type turns, as opposed to a tight technical track with tight corners and lots of hard braking points. A spool can be helpful on a tighter track as they really seem to claw out of corners. The one way seems to help carry speed through sweeping turns. The front diff is somewhere in the middle. For the new driver, a front diff is probably the best choice.

hth

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.