R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-02-2009, 03:49 PM   #1
Tech Rookie
Default Hello, new but with an old car...

Hello all, my name is Russell and I found a car from my childhood this past week...It's a bolink digger with the beetle body. I've had it since the early 90's but it has sat on a shelf and later in a box ever since. I got a little bored and dug it out, along with some old nicad batteries that were beyond dead. I went to radio shack and probably got ripped off for a new battery pack (nimh, probably higher mah than the old batteries which seemed a bit.. knock off-ish. The name on them is "Again and Again" and they don't have any other information on them) , but after hooking it up freshly charged the car still runs awesome!

It was built by a family friend back in the day and I was wondering if you guys could help me a little...

As far as I can tell it has:
  • an Airtronics 92723 75 AM 2 channel reciever
  • Traxxas XL-1 (controller? mainboard?)
  • an Airtronics servo
  • and a mostly unmarked motor... no sticker or anything but I think it is fan cooled, probably brushed motor, and the only numbers on it are 62200 331111

I was mostly wondering about the motor and if anyone knew about it. And is there maintenance I can do on it?

This thing understeers as bad as my real car which surprised me, what are some ways to add more grip to the front tires? Are all 1/10th scale tires universal?

Thanks everyone, I don't know much about these but I'm excited to learn, sorry if the search button would have answered some of these questions but I couldn't find many threads on diggers or anything on the motor.
ncstateredline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 04:22 PM   #2
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

They brought the Digger back... so if you need any spare parts or whatnot, there you go!

As for front grip.... the Digger isn't exactly a high performance car. Matter of fact, the Legends has front springs and a ball diff which the Digger does not... so if you wanted to switch some parts over to get a little bit of "handling" it shouldn't be that big of a deal. People have and still race the Legends on oval tracks, so it's not unheard of.

As for tires... www.rc4less.com has great tires. I'd try purple front and pink rears.

www.lefthander-rc.com sells BSR tires, i'd go with spec blue fronts and spec green rears.
pejota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 08:53 AM   #3
Tech Rookie

Awesome man, thanks for those sites! When did Bolink go out of business? I'm not expecting too much out of the car (with no suspension if it hits a rock it flies in the air a foot, lol), just something for me to have enough fun with that I don't have to invest too much money in.
ncstateredline is offline   Reply With Quote