KO Propo awesome servo $40 new??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

KO Propo awesome servo $40 new??

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2004, 01:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks for all the help, but does anyone know if you just solder the FET leads together? If not, how are you supposed to connect them?

-etzkev
Old 01-19-2004, 01:49 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by etzkev
Thanks for all the help, but does anyone know if you just solder the FET leads together? If not, how are you supposed to connect them?

-etzkev
Soldering the FET wires together would be the best solution to prevent the wires from coming apart. If you are no using a KO ESC, you must use the resistor in-line on the wire, that comes with the servo. Otherwise you run the risk of damaging the servo. Once sodlering is done, make sure to skrink tube the joint.
Old 01-19-2004, 01:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by KO PROPO Staff
Soldering the FET wires together would be the best solution to prevent the wires from coming apart. If you are no using a KO ESC, you must use the resistor in-line on the wire, that comes with the servo. Otherwise you run the risk of damaging the servo. Once sodlering is done, make sure to skrink tube the joint.
Thanks so much for your help. What do you mean by the "resistor in-line on the wire"? I have a LRP IPC Pro Sport which has the FET lead. What would I have to do other than just solder the two wires together?

Thanks again,
etzkev
Old 01-19-2004, 01:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by psbarger
Thanks.

I know my speed controler doesn't have it cause right now I'm using a clunky old LRP F1 Digital speed controller that doesn't have much of anything. I'm gonna get one of the LRP quantum ESCs soon, but I don't see anything about them having it either.

So the question is, can I make this servo work with these ESCs by sodering or something or will I have to use an ESC that specifically supports the 7.2v servo lead.
Which quantum ESC are you looking at? Some of them do have the FET lead.
Old 01-19-2004, 02:00 PM
Tech Master

Thanks so much for your help. What do you mean by the "resistor in-line on the wire"? I have a LRP IPC Pro Sport which has the FET lead. What would I have to do other than just solder the two wires together?

Thanks again,
etzkev
In the instructions, it tells you that if you do not use a KO ESC, you must use the resistor that is included with the servo. Inbetween connecting the FET blue wire with your ESC, you must solder in the restistor. It doesn't matter wich direction the restostor is used. Be sure to shrink wrap this connection.
Old 01-19-2004, 02:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Which quantum ESC are you looking at? Some of them do have the FET lead.
Probably a sport, but if I can find a competition 1 for the right price I'd rather go for it.

Can this servo be used with a ESC that does NOT have FET leads? If so, how?
Old 01-19-2004, 02:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

OH! Ok, I see what you're saying. Thanks so much!

-etzkev
Old 01-19-2004, 02:03 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

In the instructions, it tells you that if you do not use a KO ESC, you must use the resistor that is included with the servo. Inbetween connecting the FET blue wire with your ESC, you must solder in the restistor. It doesn't matter wich direction the restostor is used. Be sure to shrink wrap this connection.
YGPM
Old 01-19-2004, 02:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Probably a sport, but if I can find a competition 1 for the right price I'd rather go for it.

The quantum sport doesn't have the FET lead, but, for an extra 10 bucks, you could get the IPC Pro Sport like I have. It is a great, reliable esc, and it has the FET lead.

-etzkev
Old 01-19-2004, 06:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Just purchased it!

Well I just purchased the servo. Hopefully it will be a good one. If any of you would like to know, I can post when I have it installed, and let you know how it goes.

-etzkev
Old 01-20-2004, 04:39 AM
Tech Elite

Inbetween connecting the FET blue wire with your ESC, you must solder in the restistor. It doesn't matter wich direction the restostor is used. Be sure to shrink wrap this connection.
I'll second this, except one detail: It's not a resistor, it's a choke coil, which soak up electric noise, if there's any.
Old 01-20-2004, 04:42 AM
Tech Elite

Yes it can, simply solder the FET wire to the choke coil and solder that one to the main battery. The servo includes a small manual, which describes how to do.
Old 01-20-2004, 04:44 AM
Tech Elite

Metal gears versus plastic: Metal gears are sligthly heavier, thus the servo becomes a little slower. But probably it will last better.
Old 01-20-2004, 04:46 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Rob Hochberg
I think EP is reffering to "electric powered", as a gas car w/ reciever pack isn't near 7.2v.
I could be wrong, but I hope this helps..
Yep...EP: Electric Powered........GP: Gas Powered....sorry for the confusion!
Old 01-20-2004, 07:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Thumbs up

looks like a great deal.

one big difference, though, is that the 2113 is an analog servo. the 2123 is digital.

still a sweet deal.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.