Help me choose a chassis!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help me choose a chassis!

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 06:55 PM
Tech Adept

Yeah your absolutely right over there, to shim the diffs is the best thing to do, so that it will mesh tight and wont slip like what Ive experienced on Tb02 when I put the mamba 9000kv, the motor is so strong you can feel the difference form 4600kv to 9000kv at instant when you squeeze the throttle..

When I first tested this motor I already got a grinding noise from the rear gear box. Thought it was the diffs, but I found out its the bevel gear not properly meshing. Because the diffs got melted already so it loose a bit plastic there, and it does not fit exactly anymore. So i did glued a 1mm thick plastic plate to work as a shim so right now it sounds great again it mesh properly, but i doubt it will last long. So right now Im waiting for my alu diff joint to replace the stock diffs.

Yeah, maybe this will solve the problem. And I can drive that 9000kv even at full throttle i can turn it left or right with wide turn, and it doesnt roll.

The roll bar really works, and when you place the damper more horizontal it reduces the risk of rolling.

TB02 works fine, the only part that sucks was the diff. The first time I run it with mamba 4600 I hit a humps, and it flies and roll 5 times hitting the ground hard. But nothing breaks. The secret is to not screw the servo to the servo arm.

Because if you do screw it in and lock it, when it bangs surely there will be some parts on the steering that will break. Everytime my TB02 crashes, you will only see that the servo arm was disconnected to the servo and thats it, no break or missing part. And ill put it back again. ahahahhaa..

When I run my TB02 in the park, even some old dude would like to have one, lol!!!

There is one dude in mid 40s that keep asking where did you buy that huh? I want to have a car like that, and a truck..tell me where is the nearest hobby store man..LOL!!! I am shocked, a mid 40's dude..hahahahaha..

Anyway I'll upload a video when it runs smooth when i have installed my alu diffs..I'll put a title TB02 9000kv ok so just look at it next week probably next Saturday. I think on Aug. 9 lol..
Old 07-31-2009, 09:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by noelcleofe17
Anyway, Carbon Fiber Parts rather, what do you think?
Carbon fibre is just another name for graphite. Same thing. Stay away from them.

Last edited by niznai; 07-31-2009 at 09:52 PM.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

my buddy got a tb03 and he likes it but i prefer the ta05 platform its pretty sweet
Old 08-06-2009, 08:32 AM
Tech Adept

Default ah Yes!

Originally Posted by sonic31
my buddy got a tb03 and he likes it but i prefer the ta05 platform its pretty sweet
I have just ordered a TA05 V2, and it will be here for like 10days, I just have to wait for 10 more days, and will assemble it. hehe!

I bought it for $202 shipped. I just want to try belt driven kits.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:56 AM
Tech Adept

Default I dont think so

Originally Posted by Foxxrocket
the TA05 is a good choice. But that mamba max 9000kv is way overkill. I could see that going into a drag racer, but it would be way too much for a touring car to handle. Because power without control, is nothing.
I dont think its overkill, you should just know how to drive the mamba 9000kv so that you will not destroy your kit.

If you squeeze it like %50 of throttle it would destroy your gears, like the video of slash blow out!

They used mamba 9000 in traxxas slash and squezze the throttle full, thats why it blows out.

I always run my mamba 9000 to my TB02 with all stock parts.
Until now its working, I even manage to drive it at full throttle with a 3s lipo.

Its so fast like 75-80MPH at 3s, I have to hit the brake at 10m distance, because if not it will smash into the walls.