Ofna JL-10 E

Old 10-30-2009, 09:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

HasThad anyone ran this car for any class other then rcgt? For the price it looks like a great deal, I was just curious as to how it'd perform say in a stock sedan class??
Old 10-30-2009, 01:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

This car is a wepon for sure in stock sedan, i thought it was great with xpatterns on it, then i put some sorex 36's on it and was blown away, my consistency went thru the roof comparatively. you just have to remember to get a 200mm tc body. im looking at making some new suspension holders to bring the car to 190mm so i can race roar races or the reedy race with it
Old 10-31-2009, 02:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Any of you guys thinking about doing the KO Race at WCRC in december and prefer to race Stock Sedan 17.5...

Please add your name to the petition i have started so we can get a class! Not all of us can move into 13.5 and not all of us have the money to buy a new motor just to do one big race...

http://www.rctech.net/forum/track-lo...ml#post6544742

Lets get it goin!
Old 10-31-2009, 11:03 AM
Tech Master

I wonder if there going to have a tech box? ive shaved the hexes as small as i can before the rim rubs on the hubs and im still at 192mm, if they have a 190mm tech box it might be no good for us jl-10 drivers.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AndysD8
HasThad anyone ran this car for any class other then rcgt? For the price it looks like a great deal, I was just curious as to how it'd perform say in a stock sedan class??
Car is awesome in stock sedan, I prefer stock sedan over RCGT. I've only run GT twice with the car and sedan every weekend. Same setup works, RP30s and a Mazda 6 (the nitro version if you're just running club races) and you're good.

I also want to welcome RCGT Sportsman Champion for the '09 RCGT Showdown Series to the Team Ofna JL-10 Team!
Old 11-02-2009, 11:47 PM
Tech Regular

Met Jose last sunday at speedtech....welcome to the JL Team Jose!
Old 11-08-2009, 08:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

finally made it to the track with the new jl10e all set up for rcgt
raced it in with regular stck tc, and killed them LMAO tq'd by 2 laps and won the main by 5 laps, no real competion here
set up was great! the only problem I had was finding thes correct gearing,our track here is really small maybe 30x20
running tekin rs pro and 17.5 orion had it gear at 88/38 64p, didnt have enough bottom end so I tried to go smaller on pinion but could not get gear mesh with 88 spur, so I switched to 96/40 seemed a little better, so I guess what I'm asking LOL what gearing is everyone else running??

thanks for the help
Old 11-08-2009, 12:51 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Casey Belarde
raced it in with regular stck tc, and killed them LMAO tq'd by 2 laps and won the main by 5 laps, no real competion here
set up was great! the only problem I had was finding thes correct gearing,our track here is really small maybe 30x20
running tekin rs pro and 17.5 orion had it gear at 88/38 64p, didnt have enough bottom end so I tried to go smaller on pinion but could not get gear mesh with 88 spur, so I switched to 96/40 seemed a little better, so I guess what I'm asking LOL what gearing is everyone else running??

thanks for the help

Originally Posted by D Starks
64 pitch. 88 tooth spur, 53 tooth pinion.
Are you running RCGT at West Coast? (this is 4.1)

you gotta be around 3.8,3.9,4.1,4.0 fdr's
Old 11-08-2009, 10:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (92%+)
Default VTA

Hello... Does anyone have a VTA setup on this car...

Also... What spares should I order before I plan on bringing this car out to race... My lhs doesnt carry any ofna parts and no drivers here are sporting the jl10e for me to mooch off of until I get the part... So just out of curiousity what seems to break the easiest with a new driver even though ill only be running vta... And/or hopups that I should just pick up at the same time also....? thanks in advance...

Last edited by RyeRey521; 11-08-2009 at 10:55 PM.
Old 11-09-2009, 04:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I've just read ALL of the pages of this thread and I believe I'm conviced.

I have an ABC mini also and LOVE it. It really does handle well. I've yet to drive it's 1/10 scale brother. But I'm certain it will work fine. Joe, Revo...maybe I can convince you guys to let me do a couple of laps around Corona next time out?

I totally agree with driver talent is the most important factor. Rookie is still a rookie regardless if its $130 car or $530 car. Shoot, I have a blast with my "dinosaur" JRX-S and am competitive with it in both stock and RCGT every time out Not bad for only racing 1 Sunday (the 4th) a month.

Anyhow, I'm looking to get my son (4yrs old) into sedan. He'll be smoking all of us soon! Believe that. LOL Something inexpensive, rugged, super capable and has parts available for it. He'll be practicing at home in the cul de sac to build his skillz, so the sealed diffs, shaft drive and clean layout will fit the bill perfectly. I believe as his skillz improve, he'll be able to run successfully around the track. It's nice to know that when that time comes, his car will be a contender!

See you guys at Corona!

Jai
Old 11-09-2009, 10:55 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by kcunamay
I've just read ALL of the pages of this thread and I believe I'm conviced.

I have an ABC mini also and LOVE it. It really does handle well. I've yet to drive it's 1/10 scale brother. But I'm certain it will work fine. Joe, Revo...maybe I can convince you guys to let me do a couple of laps around Corona next time out?

I totally agree with driver talent is the most important factor. Rookie is still a rookie regardless if its $130 car or $530 car. Shoot, I have a blast with my "dinosaur" JRX-S and am competitive with it in both stock and RCGT every time out Not bad for only racing 1 Sunday (the 4th) a month.

Anyhow, I'm looking to get my son (4yrs old) into sedan. He'll be smoking all of us soon! Believe that. LOL Something inexpensive, rugged, super capable and has parts available for it. He'll be practicing at home in the cul de sac to build his skillz, so the sealed diffs, shaft drive and clean layout will fit the bill perfectly. I believe as his skillz improve, he'll be able to run successfully around the track. It's nice to know that when that time comes, his car will be a contender!

See you guys at Corona!

Jai
Jai pare...

for sure you can drive my car.....but the big question is..will my lil pamangkin be really driving the JL? coz i think ur gonna drive it more! hahaha JK pare.

but yes you can drive my car homie...i have been doin that with other pinoys and they were sold after driving my car...and my car aint even the best set up'd JL out there...i got 2 guys wanting a JL after driving mine.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by revoTPR
Jai pare...

for sure you can drive my car.....but the big question is..will my lil pamangkin be really driving the JL? coz i think ur gonna drive it more! hahaha JK pare.

but yes you can drive my car homie...i have been doin that with other pinoys and they were sold after driving my car...and my car aint even the best set up'd JL out there...i got 2 guys wanting a JL after driving mine.
Salamat Pare! hahahaha...ssssshhhhh secret lang...I'm grooming the next World Champion!

See you in 2 weeks.
Old 11-10-2009, 11:03 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Casey Belarde

thanks for the help
gearing a tekin is different then anyone else, when most are geared at 3.8 im geared at 5.2 and am still faster down the straight. what version firmware are you running?

im currently geared 96/46 with a speedpassion 17.5.
if your using ver.200 or ''vegas'' start with zero timing on the can. 15 boost and max turbo with a .5sec delay.

on the real small tracks people with tekins are even almost into the 6's on their final drive. gearing it in the 4's or lower like you would for another esc could burn up the motor if you try to use the turbo function and would actually bog the motor down.
Old 11-10-2009, 02:14 PM
Tech Rookie

I must say i love this car and would like to be able to get it down to 190 as well. Im running my tekin at 4.9 fdr and am thinking of going to 5.3ish for freedom park, camarillo.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:39 PM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

i am interested in a JL10E. Have you guys who race it on a regular basis found it to be durable? Thanks. How is the parts support from Ofna?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.