PICK 7 Classes for On-Road Carpet

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PICK 7 Classes for On-Road Carpet

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 08:53 PM
Tech Master

Josh i completely understand what you are saying you make a good point i was just surprised when you didnt mention foams thats all, rubber or foam or both doesnt matter to me, i like both.
Old 08-09-2009, 09:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul

My opinion against rubber years ago was the rediculos antics with tires. I know it was ages ago but everyone forgets I won 3 out of the first 4 ROAR TC Carpet Nats - On rubber tires (Joel Johnson won the other)... At the time it was out of control as I headed off to the Nats with 40 sets of tires, inserts, rims to find the perfect combo. That's out the window now with handout tires. Foams at that time were awesome - Purples and Plaids - We ran them at all tracks, they were hard and lasted at least 8-15 runs (in Mod). Foam was the cheaper answer. Now, it's not and it's not healthy for the TC market and racing. I have begged the foam tire TC race organizers for a handout, spec Purple or Lilac type tire to help foam tire racing before it's dead. Still though, we race with 1 run Pinks or Magentas.....
Josh is correct. You can chart the drop off in participation in foam with the rise of magenta/dbl. pink tires and now the big rims. At Josh's old track I ran the nats just on 50mm rim tires that were too small for club racing, but were perfect for the high traction there. Tire bill=$0. Now if you don't rip the tires during the run, they are almost too small anyway.

It was fun while it lasted.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:41 PM
Tech Master

foam is here to stay
Old 12-04-2009, 10:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Old 12-06-2009, 07:30 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chicky03
If you look at the IIC entries you can make the same argument that 1/12 is dead like you say TC foam is dead. 35 13.5 foams at the nats, 15 at vegas, about half the entries, At the nats there were 73 stock 1/12, at vegas only 30, still about half. Certainly 1/12 is not dead. For the nats there were also the same amount of 13.5 rubber and 13.5 foam 35-40ish. I don't think we can make the comparison yet. I think there are other factors going on of why entries in general are down.

Are there more than 5 guys in any of the classes that are from the east coast where foam tires are most popular? I tend to doubt it. I think the foam entries are down A, The asphalt nats is on the east coast less than a month away from vegas, B in this day on the east coast/midwest more jobs have been lost in the last year compared to any other part of the country and people have less money to travel.

Just my opinion. We'll know more when we have the Halloween race.

Paul
Paul - has you opinion changed since the Halloween race (and Indoor Champs)?
Old 12-06-2009, 02:17 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

i must say that these threads sure have the dirt oval guys chuckling and calling out hypocrite after they got so much grief for years bout how many classes they had (LM, EDM, Sprint, modified, limited, nitro, electric, etc etc)

R