Community
Wiki Posts
Search

want to know how many turn of these motors(old), URGENT

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 08:47 AM
Tech Rookie

Default want to know how many turn of these motors(old), URGENT

Superiors, i would like to know the specification of these motors, specificially the turn of the motors
anybody can help me? it is quite urgent. the photos are attached as below, thank you
??? ???
CAN YOU EXPLAIN MORE DETAIL ABOUT EACH, PLEASE
Attached Thumbnails want to know how many turn of these motors(old), URGENT-dscn9645.jpg   want to know how many turn of these motors(old), URGENT-dscn9646.jpg   want to know how many turn of these motors(old), URGENT-dscn9648.jpg   want to know how many turn of these motors(old), URGENT-dscn9647.jpg   want to know how many turn of these motors(old), URGENT-dscn9649.jpg  

Old 07-27-2009, 08:53 AM
Tech Rookie

next....
Attached Thumbnails want to know how many turn of these motors(old), URGENT-dscn9650.jpg   want to know how many turn of these motors(old), URGENT-dscn9651.jpg   want to know how many turn of these motors(old), URGENT-dscn9652.jpg   want to know how many turn of these motors(old), URGENT-dscn9653.jpg   want to know how many turn of these motors(old), URGENT-dscn9654.jpg  

Old 07-27-2009, 08:55 AM
Tech Rookie

next.......
Attached Thumbnails want to know how many turn of these motors(old), URGENT-dscn9661.jpg   want to know how many turn of these motors(old), URGENT-dscn9663.jpg   want to know how many turn of these motors(old), URGENT-dscn9664.jpg   want to know how many turn of these motors(old), URGENT-dscn9665.jpg   want to know how many turn of these motors(old), URGENT-dscn9666.jpg  

Old 07-27-2009, 08:56 AM
Tech Rookie

last........
Attached Thumbnails want to know how many turn of these motors(old), URGENT-dscn9667.jpg   want to know how many turn of these motors(old), URGENT-dscn9668.jpg   want to know how many turn of these motors(old), URGENT-dscn9669.jpg  
Old 07-27-2009, 09:05 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by fw05t
Superiors, i would like to know the specification of these motors, specificially the turn of the motors
anybody can help me? it is quite urgent. the photos are attached as below, thank you
??? ???
CAN YOU EXPLAIN MORE DETAIL ABOUT EACH, PLEASE
The two on the first picture are a 11 x 2 and a 12 x 2, if you look on the sticker that's what the alpha - 211 and alpha - 212.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Just from the pictures of the cans, that is just about impossible to tell.

Each of those motors you posted were sold in a wide range of turns and could have had the arms replaced from what was in it originally.

The D3.5 you have that shows the label says wind-11x2 so that is what it started out as...

MOST mod. arms have something on one of the stacks to let you know hat turn it is.

That may be the easiest and fastest thing for you to do.

Just undo the endbell and pull the arm out and look on one of the stacks you should see some numbers in something like this: 12x2 or 9x1 or 17x3 that would be the winding for that arm.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:15 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by TRF415boy
The two on the first picture are a 11 x 2 and a 12 x 2, if you look on the sticker that's what the alpha - 211 and alpha - 212.
i am sorry, what is the meaning of 11 x 2
is it mean that has 11turn or 22turn, please give directions to me , thx a lot
Old 07-27-2009, 09:23 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by fw05t
i am sorry, what is the meaning of 11 x 2
is it mean that has 11turn or 22turn, please give directions to me , thx a lot
No silly, it means it has a double winding (wire), each with 11 turns on each pole of the armature. A double winding is made with two strands of wire as opposed to a single winding which has a single wire or a triple winding which has, you guessed it, three wires!

In effect yes, there are 22 turns of wire but in fact there are two windings with 11 turns each connected in parallel (as opposed to saying "22 turns" which would mean a single winding with 22 turns - this would be equivalent to two 11 turn windings in series).

Double and triple windings allow the armature to pull more current (i.e. higher acceleration/brake and/or speed) before the windings are burned out.

The GM Cosmic EvoII team edition is a triple winding but i can't find how many turns. Perhaps you can look it up by the part number (I see 9509 - there might be one digit missing at the end).

Last edited by niznai; 07-27-2009 at 09:49 AM.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:00 AM
Tech Rookie

i really thank for your replies. the responses from this rcforum are quite fast. actually i come from Hong Kong......
yes, you are right --> 9509.... but i don't know the meaning