R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Powering motor fan with LIPO RX battery! (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/314716-powering-motor-fan-lipo-rx-battery.html)

mac853 07-25-2009 11:45 AM

Powering motor fan with LIPO RX battery!

As the title said, if is worthy with advantage or not if i put my motor fan powered independently with a LIPO RX batteries instead from RX itself?
Like that MM RX batteries with switch and hi-low protectors, if has enough power to do that?
Since our rule book didn't mention that not allowed to do it, it is possible or not to do it?

Best regards

JKL1031 07-25-2009 12:44 PM

sub

or8ital 07-25-2009 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by mac853 (Post 6115549)
As the title said, if is worthy with advantage or not if i put my motor fan powered independently with a LIPO RX batteries instead from RX itself?
Like that MM RX batteries with switch and hi-low protectors, if has enough power to do that?
Since our rule book didn't mention that not allowed to do it, it is possible or not to do it?

Best regards

Why not directly off your main battery? That is what I most often seen done. solder it directly to the +/- on the ESC

cyanyde 07-25-2009 06:11 PM

If you are under weight and wanna squeeze every ounce of juice from your batt then go ahead. It may make a difference in 8 minute runs.

mac853 07-25-2009 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by cyanyde (Post 6116294)
If you are under weight and wanna squeeze every ounce of juice from your batt then go ahead. It may make a difference in 8 minute runs.

Off course is still underweight and i am also racing in 8mins but i just want if really worthy to do that.

And want to know if this kind of RX batteries don't have balance connection could charge at LIPO chargers anyway without problems?

hound_dogs_01 07-25-2009 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by or8ital (Post 6115872)
Why not directly off your main battery? That is what I most often seen done. solder it directly to the +/- on the ESC

if you do it this way remember to alwasy disconect your lipo because even though the switch is off the fan is still running if the battery is plugged in...

hate to see you kill a lipo this way...

Alex

mac853 07-26-2009 02:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by hound_dogs_01 (Post 6117168)
if you do it this way remember to alwasy disconect your lipo because even though the switch is off the fan is still running if the battery is plugged in...

hate to see you kill a lipo this way...

Alex

I wonder to use MM LIPO RX battery(picture below).
What do you guys think about it?

hound_dogs_01 07-26-2009 03:02 AM

why do you want to add all that to your car? its much simpler to solder two connections on the ESC... youll never see the difference in run time what power that little fan pulls off the esc's lipo....

Alex

heretic 07-26-2009 06:43 AM

You did not tell what class you run ? In 1/12th nobody uses fans so...

2s lipo ?
4,8 nimh ?
3,7 lipo ?

dameetz 07-26-2009 09:20 AM

Talking about fans....any recommendation which one is good out there? I ve had 3racing before but that was crap, the fan spins but you cannot feel the blowing air. I m looking for 30x30 size for my motor heat sink and 25x25 for my ESC. At the moment i m using a No Brand fans which are rated at 0.16a, looking for a more powerful one....BTW I m running mod touring in a hot tropical climate country so I guess having a good fan is a must.

mac853 07-26-2009 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by heretic (Post 6118048)
You did not tell what class you run ? In 1/12th nobody uses fans so...

2s lipo ?
4,8 nimh ?
3,7 lipo ?

Well?:sweat:
I still only running in TC.
OK, OK!
Anyway since i said running on 7.4 LIPO, anybody will say me is totally ridiculous to inventing an useless thing on a useless situation!
Very well, i guess we have to forget this thread!

Originally Posted by dameetz (Post 6118552)
Talking about fans....any recommendation which one is good out there? I ve had 3racing before but that was crap, the fan spins but you cannot feel the blowing air. I m looking for 30x30 size for my motor heat sink and 25x25 for my ESC. At the moment i m using a No Brand fans which are rated at 0.16a, looking for a more powerful one....BTW I m running mod touring in a hot tropical climate country so I guess having a good fan is a must.

About you are looking for better fans, i just say many ones on the market are better than this weak 3racing fan.
Anyway, how about YR fan, i don't know if is really good, in case i never seen before anyone around me used, but at least take a look on it with your eyes.

Senna Racing 07-26-2009 09:53 AM

if your after a fan you cant go past this one

it dropped my motor temp by 20c from the 3racing one

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...an-w-Heat-Sink

hound_dogs_01 07-26-2009 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by dameetz (Post 6118552)

see if you can find one of these... theyre bad ass good luck.... i searched for 3 hours and found ONE of these fans on the whole world wide web....

http://www.nexusracing.com/product_i...oducts_id=1341

Alex