Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Ebay Bearings.. any good?? >

Ebay Bearings.. any good??

Ebay Bearings.. any good??

Old 07-23-2009, 08:56 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Ebay Bearings.. any good??

I take it all bearings are not alike, quality wise.

But,how are the ones I see on Ebay that sell for a fraction of the price from the Tamiya bearings that ship from overseas (Hong Kong)

They have to be at least better that the bushings that come with my kit, right?
Old 07-23-2009, 09:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Originally Posted by MiniU4IA
I take it all bearings are not alike, quality wise.

But,how are the ones I see on Ebay that sell for a fraction of the price from the Tamiya bearings that ship from overseas (Hong Kong)

They have to be at least better that the bushings that come with my kit, right?

Better until they start to get gritty and go bad.

I've had great sucess with ABEC35's

You can find them on eBay.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I got ripped off by that Walawala place on ebay so I wouldn't order from there. Any bearing that is working properly will be better then bushings. The best bearings I've found are the APS bearings. But they are ceramic and cost quite a bit. I've tried the ACER ceramic bearings and they weren't worth the money at all (presume you are mostly just paying for half naked models with their bearings).
Old 07-23-2009, 09:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

ive ordered from wallawalla and havent been ripped off yet lol. They have good ball bearings, best prices in the industry.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by B18C Turbo
ive ordered from wallawalla and havent been ripped off yet lol. They have good ball bearings, best prices in the industry.
ABEC35 is a bearing/steel standard not a company (kinda like HSS for tool steel, etc).

Yep, any half arsed bearing is better than a bushing and with a little luck they can last you a decent while. If you're going for top, I can recommend from personal experience Kanzen bearings in France (they sell on ebay as well but have their own website too). They're not as expensive as Xray bearings, but I think the quality is on par if not better. They're ceramic of course and contacted directly they can put together a set for whatever car you have (they sold me a kit for my Kawada Sigma2 of all things).
Old 07-23-2009, 10:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Walawala is great zz3 is all you need, I just throw them away if they go gritty they are cheap, much easier to trash then try and clean

you just have to wait for them to come over the ocean shortest was a week once, longest 3 weeks just depends
Old 07-23-2009, 10:25 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by HenBeav
you just have to wait for them to come over the ocean shortest was a week once, longest 3 weeks just depends
or never like me b/c they sent to the wrong address and wouldn't refund.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Best bearings for the $$$:

www.avidrc.com
Old 07-23-2009, 10:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i want a new set of bearings in my TRF416 after the poop tamiya ones lost all there protective covers !!!!

i was looking at the 3Racing bearings but i have had some crap stuff from them and am a little weary about buying their stuff

again ACER look nice but bloody expensive !!!

think i will look at the Avidrc ones HMMMM
Old 07-23-2009, 11:01 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by or8ital
I got ripped off by that Walawala place on ebay so I wouldn't order from there. Any bearing that is working properly will be better then bushings. The best bearings I've found are the APS bearings. But they are ceramic and cost quite a bit. I've tried the ACER ceramic bearings and they weren't worth the money at all (presume you are mostly just paying for half naked models with their bearings).
I get all my bearings from Walawala on Ebay and have never had a problem.
Great bearings at even better prices. You could also check out RC4Less.com. He sells only good stuff and has close to the best customer service in the RC biz, only thing is he is more focused on the oval side of things. Shoot him an e mail and he will work with you to get you what you need.
Old 07-23-2009, 12:39 PM
Tech Champion

I haven't found a bearing that performs better then the APS bearings so Im sticking with them.

Though I guess I should say I did have one CS problem with APS. The time I ordered some individual ceramic bearings 2 of the 4 I ordered of one of the sizes weren't ceramic. Some of their bearings must have gotten mixed up. They just sent me two new ceramic bearings.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by or8ital
i agree with that acer bearings are not worth the money cost me 110 for a full and they where not free and got lots of play with only 5 race meets and bought 1 more full set at the same time and bearings in that full set didnt fit.i bought cheap yeah racing ones and they are sweet as.
Old 07-23-2009, 07:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

<-- rocking the $1 each ebay bearings from walawala for years now.
Old 07-23-2009, 07:40 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Metal vs Rubber shields

Of these low cost shields, which do you recommend? I think bearings with metal shields spin with less resistance and they stand up better to repeated maintanence (easier to damage the rubber shields.) Agree or disagree?
Old 07-23-2009, 08:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tired Racer
Of these low cost shields, which do you recommend? I think bearings with metal shields spin with less resistance and they stand up better to repeated maintanence (easier to damage the rubber shields.) Agree or disagree?
agree....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.