Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Novak Ballistic goes Spec >

Novak Ballistic goes Spec

Novak Ballistic goes Spec

Old 08-12-2009, 05:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

got my ballistic 17.5 today,nice going to run it in combo w a speed passion granturismo 2.0 pro ,should i run the timing on the esc at 0??
Old 08-14-2009, 06:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The spec motors are now on the ROAR approved list,
Old 08-14-2009, 07:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Originally Posted by B4james
The spec motors are now on the ROAR approved list,
Indeed they are. Thanks for the heads up.

http://www.roarracing.com/approvals/brushlessmotors.php
Old 08-14-2009, 08:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just an FYI on my Ballistic 13.5 Spec...

When I initially installed it, I thought something was wrong because it wouldn't work...

Then I checked the lights on the GTB and realized it was showing a problem with the sensor cable... I really felt dumb when I realized I had "assumed" it was full seated on the motor end, and it was NOT (old habit from the previous generation Novak motors I guess)

I pushed it in all the way and SHEZAM! We are GO! (I won't get to track test it until Saturday, but I'm really excited...)
Old 08-14-2009, 09:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Great to hear the new motors are now making it to the public. I am going to order the 17.5BL as soon as the wife goes to work tonight. Has anyone had a chance to do a dyno pull with the new motor?

I would like to see the comparision between the old 10.5-17.5 SS motors and the new ballastic motors.

Shawn.
Old 08-14-2009, 10:00 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I pick up my new 17.5 tommorrow when I get to the track. If I get my car working right I will put it in a a give it a try.
Old 08-14-2009, 01:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Originally Posted by Shawn68z
Great to hear the new motors are now making it to the public. I am going to order the 17.5BL as soon as the wife goes to work tonight. Has anyone had a chance to do a dyno pull with the new motor?

I would like to see the comparision between the old 10.5-17.5 SS motors and the new ballastic motors.

Shawn.
The power generated by the new Ballistic Spec motors and the previous SS motors should be the same from what Steve Weiss stated on his thread, just the Ballistic Spec have infinitely adjustable timing, which should allow for much better tuning, along with all the other Ballistic pluses.
Old 08-15-2009, 07:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

ran my 17.5 ballistic today,WOW this thing is very smooth and has a very broad powerband ,i coupled it to a speedpassion granturismo 2.0 pro ,I left the motor timed at 0 and maxed the esc at 26.75 ,temps were 165 at the end of all three heats and main,I def will be buying the 13.5 version soon
Old 08-15-2009, 07:22 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Ran my new 17.5 Ballistic today and it ran great. It is a very competitive motor. I had no problems running the same laptimes with the Ballistic 17.5 as I did with my DUO motor. Look forward to racing it more over the next few weeks.
Old 08-16-2009, 10:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (94%+)

well not as well of a first day for my new ballistic 17.5 at full throttle it seems to studder and break up Im running it with a tekin speedo and i tryed just about everything i could and nothing helped i ran a Tekin motor and a treinity motor on the same speedo all day yesterday and had no problems so i have to chalk up the motor as the blame. so i never got to put the car on the track

hope novak does something fast cause the fact that the hobby shop whacks me for just under 100.00 bucks for a motor and wont do didly im sitting on a paper weight
Old 08-16-2009, 10:28 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by DENNIS STORTI
well not as well of a first day for my new ballistic 17.5 at full throttle it seems to studder and break up Im running it with a tekin speedo and i tryed just about everything i could and nothing helped i ran a Tekin motor and a treinity motor on the same speedo all day yesterday and had no problems so i have to chalk up the motor as the blame. so i never got to put the car on the track

hope novak does something fast cause the fact that the hobby shop whacks me for just under 100.00 bucks for a motor and wont do didly im sitting on a paper weight
Forward your comments to [email protected] for assistance. If your motor is under warranty, we will replace it for you at no cost.
Old 08-16-2009, 12:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NovakTwo
Forward your comments to [email protected] for assistance. If your motor is under warranty, we will replace it for you at no cost.
wow... respond in less than 30 minutes... novak ftw...
Old 08-16-2009, 01:24 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Bad luck Dennis. Would of really like to hear your race report from Jackson on how the motor did. I guess the light at the end of the tunnel is Novak will take care of it for you. Its always disappointing when you get something new and it won't work but I know for me I never feel near as bad as long as I know the company that I bought from will make it right. At least your dealing with one of the better companies in the industry when it comes to customer service.
Old 08-16-2009, 02:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

well not as well of a first day for my new ballistic 17.5 at full throttle it seems to studder and break up Im running it with a tekin speedo and i tryed just about everything i could and nothing helped i ran a Tekin motor and a trinity motor on the same speedo all day yesterday and had no problems so i have to chalk up the motor as the blame. so i never got to put the car on the track
hey dennis - did you back down the timing on the ESC? could have been a slight cogging effect from too much timing?
Old 08-16-2009, 02:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (94%+)

Yes response was super fast glad to see the novak guys respond

Steve Ill send uand email asap

ron we tried just about everything we could i had Schreffler and Cuffs scratching there head

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.