Search

Novak Ballistic goes Spec

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 10:06 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by NovakTwo
You just need a hand wound 10.5 stator, as shown in this drop-down menu:

Ballistic Spec Hand-Wound Stators
brillaint thanks silly question now how much hassle is it to swap these out ?? is it a five minute job or longer? bare with me im new to this electric stuff
Old 01-06-2010, 04:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

I just received new 17.5 and 10.5 ballistic motors.

The orange ring that has the novak logo and reads 17.5 spins around the can freely. The same ring on the 10.5 doesn't budge. Is that OK?

Also on the 10.5 there is no timing sticker. On the 17.5 it has one and it is set to N as expected. How should I handle there not being a timing sticker? I looked in the packaging and could not locate it. It doesn't look like it was ever on there, no sticker residue.
Old 01-06-2010, 04:10 PM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by liquiddog
I just received new 17.5 and 10.5 ballistic motors.

The orange ring that has the novak logo and reads 17.5 spins around the can freely. The same ring on the 10.5 doesn't budge. Is that OK?

Also on the 10.5 there is no timing sticker. On the 17.5 it has one and it is set to N as expected. How should I handle there not being a timing sticker? I looked in the packaging and could not locate it. It doesn't look like it was ever on there, no sticker residue.
I have forwarded your comment to engineering; I will post their response when available.

The orange ring fit is not an issue.
Old 01-06-2010, 04:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for the quick response. I was looking at the two motors and the timing mark is at the same exact point on both motors. I'm thinking it is set at N just missing the sticker.
Old 01-06-2010, 05:14 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

can the Novak Havoc 2S be offered with the ballistic motor?
Old 01-07-2010, 08:41 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Cain
can the Novak Havoc 2S be offered with the ballistic motor?
We can combo, or system, up our various electronics pretty much any way we want....

We offer a Havoc 3S/8.5 Ballistic System; and five Havoc Pro/Ballistic motor systems. We try to package systems to address particular markets or price points.

I think that currently our Havoc 3S/8.5 Ballistic system (165.00) is the "best buy"BL system we offer. You get the Havoc controller, which can be used in 1S or 2S racing and 3S "just having fun". Plus, the Ballistic motor to which you can add any of five additional stators. So this system is very flexible.

We have discussed adding the Havoc 2S/Ballistic 25.5 system to our offerings for USVTA; however, the price would be higher than our Havoc 2S/SS Pro system. We could also add the Havoc Pro/Ballistic 25.5 system. Any time we add the Ballistic motor (especially this wind) the price would be higher.

When I start the new thread (TeamNovak / US Vintage Trans Am,) I will ask for input from the series members to see what they want us to add.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:01 AM
Tech Legend

good stuff. for me personally as the ballistic offers the option of changing into a new motor relatively cheaply, I would want that to be able to be combo'd up with the Havoc 2S.

heck, I wouldn't even mind a 25.5 stator + Havoc (2S, 3S, Pro) combo too.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:05 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Cain
good stuff. for me personally as the ballistic offers the option of changing into a new motor relatively cheaply, I would want that to be able to be combo'd up with the Havoc 2S.

heck, I wouldn't even mind a 25.5 stator + Havoc (2S, 3S, Pro) combo too.
Systems R Us....
Old 01-07-2010, 09:22 AM
Tech Legend

Old 01-08-2010, 10:39 AM
Tech Adept

Default rebuild HELP

just changing over my stator and i find a small washer in the can presumably it was on the rotar which already has a tiny washer on the pinion end where does the other one go on the same end or ther other side ???side its not stated on the exploded diagram i pulled from the net cheers
Old 01-08-2010, 11:03 AM
Company Representative

Please email this to [email protected] for assistance.

Originally Posted by Burney
just changing over my stator and i find a small washer in the can presumably it was on the rotar which already has a tiny washer on the pinion end where does the other one go on the same end or ther other side ???side its not stated on the exploded diagram i pulled from the net cheers
Old 01-08-2010, 11:51 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by NovakTwo
Please email this to [email protected] for assistance.
thanks for the contact but doesnt anyone know from the top of there heads tech could take ages to get back to me its only a tiny washer but i just cant thnk where it came from never even looked inside one of these things before i dont want to get it wrong
Old 01-08-2010, 11:59 AM
Company Representative

thanks for the contact but doesnt anyone know from the top of there heads tech could take ages to get back to me its only a tiny washer but i just cant thnk where it came from never even looked inside one of these things before i dont want to get it wrong
Tech would probably be quicker than expecting a response from someone here on the forum who can help. It may be called a shim, but I (personally) cannot help you.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:34 PM
The Evicerator

The shims are always placed on the rotor shaft on the pinion side.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:36 PM
Tech Legend

question for you Steve, if you have a motor that is a sensored motor and needs a push start to go, but another motor with the same ESC and sensor wire goes fine, what could cause that issue. this same motor works fine though on a different brand ESC?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.