Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
XERUN V2.0 Brushless ESC discussion thread. >

XERUN V2.0 Brushless ESC discussion thread.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

XERUN V2.0 Brushless ESC discussion thread.

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 10:15 AM
Tech Apprentice

has anyone used the new firmwear updates ??? v1.61-beta just downloaded them and there is something in there about a turbo function this was for the 80 150 120 and 60 amp xerun series ???
Old 05-01-2010, 11:37 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by notatoy
has anyone used the new firmwear updates ??? v1.61-beta just downloaded them and there is something in there about a turbo function this was for the 80 150 120 and 60 amp xerun series ???

I have tryed it today on the 120 amp xerun series, but I think that it is usable for all the series. I'm Italian.

I'm much happier than the SP Firmware. It have much more thrust out of corners, but it have a problem: if you set option 4 less than value 7 the turbo function does not work at all.
Motor temperatures much lower than the SP software.
I will work hard to understand this new firmware, but I am very confident and satisfied.
Old 05-01-2010, 01:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by @tomino
I have tryed it today on the 120 amp xerun series, but I think that it is usable for all the series. I'm Italian.

I'm much happier than the SP Firmware. It have much more thrust out of corners, but it have a problem: if you set option 4 less than value 7 the turbo function does not work at all.
Motor temperatures much lower than the SP software.
I will work hard to understand this new firmware, but I am very confident and satisfied.
thanks for your reply i was not sure it was ok option 4 is punch i think default is 7 , i think the turbo functions a different way ,see link ... http://www.rctech.net/forum/singapor...xerun-esc.html

Last edited by notatoy; 05-01-2010 at 03:09 PM. Reason: ty
Old 05-02-2010, 02:08 PM
Tech Adept

Any Windows / pc experts out there? I can't get Windows to install the HW lcd programmer Windows knows it's there but won't install it as a human interface device just comes up with the message unrecognized usb device. I've tried several different usb leads and 5 different pc's / laptops now. I have 1 really old pc that does recognize it but it's unstable and i wouldn't risk trying to flash firmware with it. All the computers are running legit Windows xp pro with latest updates and service pack 3, i've also tried with and without anti-virus software running. The only difference on the pc that it is recognized on is the cpu is an old AMD athlon all others are intel cpu's.
Old 05-02-2010, 08:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BILKO1
Any Windows / pc experts out there? I can't get Windows to install the HW lcd programmer Windows knows it's there but won't install it as a human interface device just comes up with the message unrecognized usb device. I've tried several different usb leads and 5 different pc's / laptops now. I have 1 really old pc that does recognize it but it's unstable and i wouldn't risk trying to flash firmware with it. All the computers are running legit Windows xp pro with latest updates and service pack 3, i've also tried with and without anti-virus software running. The only difference on the pc that it is recognized on is the cpu is an old AMD athlon all others are intel cpu's.

try change ur usb cable or try change other usb port .. else try another pc
Old 05-02-2010, 09:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smilekt
try change ur usb cable or try change other usb port .. else try another pc

Definitely a different USB port had the same problem on My Samsung NC100 netbook moved it around and all of a sudden ping it worked.
Old 05-03-2010, 05:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cherry2blost
Definitely a different USB port had the same problem on My Samsung NC100 netbook moved it around and all of a sudden ping it worked.
yeaa .. maybe sometime mobo usb driver not load properly.. i think it have problem on Operating system ...
Old 05-03-2010, 08:38 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by notatoy
The V1.61 Beta firmware only works for XERUN-120A and XERUN-60A ESC
Old 05-03-2010, 09:39 AM
Tech Elite

not sure why you guys are having hassles with brakes.
I have so much i can lock up my wheels.
Have you tried recalibarting your radio ?
Old 05-03-2010, 09:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by hobbywing
The V1.61 Beta firmware only works for XERUN-120A and XERUN-60A ESC
thanks for that i gather its just for the sensor based systems i shall install on my 60 amp xerun fitted to my slash from what i gather this auto advances the timing on the motor ??? small vid .. thanks
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by razzor
not sure why you guys are having hassles with brakes.
I have so much i can lock up my wheels.
Have you tried recalibarting your radio ?
Yes of course
Old 05-03-2010, 12:12 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

ran 422 today on speed passion gt2.0 pro.
cyclone wce
fdr 6.133
temp 65
settings:
4-8
9-8
12-9
13-2
14-3
15-3
exellent all over the track.
rip out of corners awsome.
acceleration frightening,
top speed brilliant.

suffered with poor tyre choice but still made b final. finished 4th and 3rd from 6th on grid over 2 leg finals.

slautered gm and tekin on the straight and the infield, that were being driven by people with same ability. top a final were 1-2 laps quicker, with exellent tryes and even better track knowledge.
check wlrc.co.uk for track info.

but above all, a great day had by all.

if this is the taste of things to come....................

thank you hobbywing.

Last edited by xrayal; 05-03-2010 at 01:22 PM.
Old 05-03-2010, 04:26 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by xrayal
ran 422 today on speed passion gt2.0 pro.
cyclone wce
fdr 6.133
temp 65
settings:
4-8
9-8
12-9
13-2
14-3
15-3
exellent all over the track.
rip out of corners awsome.
acceleration frightening,
top speed brilliant.

suffered with poor tyre choice but still made b final. finished 4th and 3rd from 6th on grid over 2 leg finals.

slautered gm and tekin on the straight and the infield, that were being driven by people with same ability. top a final were 1-2 laps quicker, with exellent tryes and even better track knowledge.
check wlrc.co.uk for track info.

but above all, a great day had by all.

if this is the taste of things to come....................

thank you hobbywing.
Wow, i'm impressed. I've had my Mamba Max Pro for a few months now and I run it indoors, however it has too much low end torque. It spins up the tires from hairpin to hairpin so much so, that i've taken it out and put the SPX back in.

Here's a question, can you adjust this Xerun/Speed passion's low end grunt so I can use a 10.5 motor like I did with the SPX, but just have more top end speed for indoors? - As you can probably understand, on a small track I dont want so much infield rip, I just want to have drivability and gain 4-5 car lengths on the straight.

How's the brakes on this Ezrun esc? - I run a Novak 10.5SS and that motor usually has bad brakes in anything other than an LRP esc. I really need a good brake for indoors, as the Mamba cannot cut it and they're taking ages to bring out new firmware.
Old 05-03-2010, 05:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by maxg123456
Wow, i'm impressed. I've had my Mamba Max Pro for a few months now and I run it indoors, however it has too much low end torque. It spins up the tires from hairpin to hairpin so much so, that i've taken it out and put the SPX back in.

Here's a question, can you adjust this Xerun/Speed passion's low end grunt so I can use a 10.5 motor like I did with the SPX, but just have more top end speed for indoors? - As you can probably understand, on a small track I dont want so much infield rip, I just want to have drivability and gain 4-5 car lengths on the straight.

How's the brakes on this Ezrun esc? - I run a Novak 10.5SS and that motor usually has bad brakes in anything other than an LRP esc. I really need a good brake for indoors, as the Mamba cannot cut it and they're taking ages to bring out new firmware.
you can set timing punch (#15) to 4 or 5 to have enough low end torque

i broke my trf416 swing shaft (timing punch #3) caused by too much torque, it's just spinning like crazy on every corner/hairpin

Last edited by leonardiw; 05-03-2010 at 06:55 PM.
Old 05-03-2010, 05:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Can you run the Hobbywing XERUN v2.0 60/120A with 1s lipo without a booster?! Can anyone confirm this? I am gonna be using it on 12th scale with a digital JR z3590 that is a power hog. Deciding wether to go spec esc/motor class that my local track has or just get the xerun with a duo/duo 2 17.5 and have a blast trying to play with all the cool turbo/superchrge/timing options it has....what do you think?! I am new to RC. Thanks in Advance

Jay

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.