Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
XERUN V2.0 Brushless ESC discussion thread. >

XERUN V2.0 Brushless ESC discussion thread.

XERUN V2.0 Brushless ESC discussion thread.

Old 04-12-2010, 03:03 AM
Tech Addict

324? Where is this version? Did i missed something?
Old 04-12-2010, 03:55 AM
Tech Adept

Hi guys, I wonder if anyone can help.

My friend got a XERUN 120A v2.0 speedo and ran it for the first time yesterday with the supercharger software.

It has a strange problem though, if you switch it on and race immediately then it is lightning fast, perfect. However if you switch it on and leave it idle for a short time (like the start of a race) then there is no punch or top speed any more, and is generally very slow. If you turn it off and on again the punch and speed are back.

Any suggestions? I honestly can't think whats up.

Regards

Neal
Old 04-12-2010, 04:06 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Redwood

My friend got a XERUN 120A v2.0 speedo and ran it for the first time yesterday with the supercharger software.

It has a strange problem though, if you switch it on and race immediately then it is lightning fast, perfect. However if you switch it on and leave it idle for a short time (like the start of a race) then there is no punch or top speed any more, and is generally very slow. If you turn it off and on again the punch and speed are back.

Regards

Neal
Speedo turns in sensorless mode.I don't know why that happens and how to cure this.And you aren't the only one who has this issue.
Old 04-12-2010, 04:10 AM
Tech Addict

Firmware 324

I'd like to try this firmware, can someone help?
Old 04-12-2010, 04:15 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Redwood

Regards

Neal

Hi Neal, have you double installed the software as per the instructions, or have you had the instructions yet? check the sensor lead is pushed in properly as the Xeruns are very sensitive to a clean contact here. Have you recalibrated the radio to the speedo once you installed the new software also have you calibrated it at 100 % Throttle and Brake and then pushed the end points to 105% on both?

You don't say which motor you are using if it is the Speed Passion V3 there are 'issues' with the sensor boards on these and it may need returning for a replacement.

Try a new Sensor lead go for as short a one as possible here 70mm seems to be the shortest available at the moment.

Have you set the mechanical timing on the motor to ZERO also as it may be causing a glitch in the software we had this when I first installed a second hand Novak 10.5 which the previous (careful) owner had ramped to the max on the timing.

Try these it may help with the issues matey.
Old 04-12-2010, 04:52 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Got another 120a v2 xerun and decide to try it on my 1/10 buggy. Motor is 5.5t ezrun sensorless. Which firmware would you guys recommend for my 2.3 igr (10-11 fdr)?
Old 04-12-2010, 04:54 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the suggestions! I have tackled each issue in the quote below;

Originally Posted by cherry2blost
Hi Neal, have you double installed the software as per the instructions, or have you had the instructions yet? check the sensor lead is pushed in properly as the Xeruns are very sensitive to a clean contact here. Have you recalibrated the radio to the speedo once you installed the new software also have you calibrated it at 100 % Throttle and Brake and then pushed the end points to 105% on both?

I read the instructions, you kindly sent my friend a copy. I double installed, I myself have been running the supercharger software on my SP ESC, so I am confident the software is installed correctly. He claims to have checked the sensor lead but it does seem consistent with a switch to sensorless mode so I will double check.
I calibrated his radio fine, didnt go to 105% after, however everything is fine, turbo kicks in properly until the car sits for a while with no action, so it doesnt seem to be that.

You don't say which motor you are using if it is the Speed Passion V3 there are 'issues' with the sensor boards on these and it may need returning for a replacement.

It is a version 2 Speed passion 10.5, which ran fine all last season.

Try a new Sensor lead go for as short a one as possible here 70mm seems to be the shortest available at the moment.

I can try various sensor leads, seems the best option, thanks.

Have you set the mechanical timing on the motor to ZERO also as it may be causing a glitch in the software we had this when I first installed a second hand Novak 10.5 which the previous (careful) owner had ramped to the max on the timing.

As far as I know there is no adjustable timing on the Sp V2 and was bought new so should be stock.

Try these it may help with the issues matey.
All good suggestions, but what puzzles me most is why it would work fine until the car is idle for a while. If you switch the car on and go straight away it is ballistic (faster than my car damn it) but when it is idle for a short time it goes dog slow.

It would be less irritating if it was just dog slow all the time!

Thanks again guys.

Neal

Last edited by Redwood; 04-12-2010 at 04:55 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-12-2010, 05:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

hey i jus bought a 60 xerun esc. i ant to download a firmware version for a 13.5t offroad truck. what is the best version, could someone tell me plz as i am new to rc hobby and doing the best that i can.

also some club memebers r running tekins with turbo function. hardly fair in my opinon as it encourages battle of the wallets rather than skill, but if i wanted could xerun esc have this feature too? i reckon turbo boost jus cooks motor and esc but anyhow thats all for now. if some could shed light then will be very grateful.
Old 04-12-2010, 05:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by reconrc
hey i jus bought a 60 xerun esc. i ant to download a firmware version for a 13.5t offroad truck. what is the best version, could someone tell me plz as i am new to rc hobby and doing the best that i can.

also some club memebers r running tekins with turbo function. hardly fair in my opinon as it encourages battle of the wallets rather than skill, but if i wanted could xerun esc have this feature too? i reckon turbo boost jus cooks motor and esc but anyhow thats all for now. if some could shed light then will be very grateful.

Yes, you can flash ur xerun for the firmware of sp. It has supercharge firmware for stock motor. Things wont fry up the motor or esc if you have the right settings, firmware and fdr. try firmware 231 if it is applicable with the 60a cos i own both 120a xerun and tekin as well and the xerun is value for money. With the correct settings and driving skills, the xerun will give the tekin a good fight. I dont have the 60a but my 120a is doin very well with all this firmwares.

this is just my 2 cents of thoughts. forgive me if im wrong.
Old 04-12-2010, 06:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hoppie
Can share your friend's DRRS, ATMS and 12-15 parameters? meanwhile i am digging my out when i get home after work.
Ok, here's the complete set up of my friend's XeRun 120 with 231 firmware.

1-1
2-2
3-5
4-7
5-3
6-1
7-2
8-2
9-6
10-1
11-1
12-7
13-4
14-4
15-4

Car is TRF 416X, FDR 8.23 (I thought it was 7.99 as per my last post), motor SP 11.5T with stock timing on motor (mid position which I think is 5 deg), temp of motor after 5-6mins run is around 67-70C ish. On straight, on par with my Tekin with 203 firmware and same motor but still my Tekin has a bit more rip out of corner.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:22 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by reconrc

Originally Posted by Akudou
Yes, you can flash ur xerun for the firmware of sp. It has supercharge firmware for stock motor. Things wont fry up the motor or esc if you have the right settings, firmware and fdr. try firmware 231 if it is applicable with the 60a cos i own both 120a xerun and tekin as well and the xerun is value for money. With the correct settings and driving skills, the xerun will give the tekin a good fight. I dont have the 60a but my 120a is doin very well with all this firmwares.

this is just my 2 cents of thoughts. forgive me if im wrong.
60amp works fine with SuperCharger Firmware

PM me for instructions mate
Old 04-12-2010, 07:55 AM
Tech Addict

I had asked Hobbywing a couple of days before about the software versions in their last firmware update .I was told by them that all these versions are for modified (V1.10_091218a_t is the newest) and today they'll release a new software for stock.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:03 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Born2Run
I had asked Hobbywing a couple of days before about the software versions in their last firmware update .I was told by them that all these versions are for modified (V1.10_091218a_t is the newest) and today they'll release a new software for stock.
Can you post the link to download the new software?
Old 04-12-2010, 11:14 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by dameetz
Can you post the link to download the new software?
Hobbywing said that they'll release today the stock software,not me
But so far no link to download.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:31 AM
Tech Adept

this stock soft is an adaptation of the SP supercharger soft?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.