Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
XERUN V2.0 Brushless ESC discussion thread. >

XERUN V2.0 Brushless ESC discussion thread.

XERUN V2.0 Brushless ESC discussion thread.

Old 07-22-2010, 06:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Andysan
I need to plug ESC into LiPo and turn on even when connected to PC? I assumed that the battery only needs to be connected and switched on to power the programming box - as this is powered by USB I didnt think it was necessary.

Its not the speedo I'm concerned about, its that Im plugging something into my USB port thats plugged into a LiPo battery - with other ESC's I've read not to do this because you could send voltage into your PC and damage it.

Definitely then to access the speedo plug the LCD box into PC, speedo into LCD box and then power on with LiPo battery and switch? I'm still cautious.

Cheers!

My tutorial videos may help, they take 15 minutes between them but I think they will answer your question matey.

Part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUKMoGvRJZY

Part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOCFkCwBlrQ

Trust me its fine been doing this stuff for ages it won't blow you laptop.

Hope it helps

Cherry xx
Old 07-22-2010, 08:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I need to plug ESC into LiPo and turn on even when connected to PC? I assumed that the battery only needs to be connected and switched on to power the programming box - as this is powered by USB I didnt think it was necessary.

Its not the speedo I'm concerned about, its that Im plugging something into my USB port thats plugged into a LiPo battery - with other ESC's I've read not to do this because you could send voltage into your PC and damage it.

Definitely then to access the speedo plug the LCD box into PC, speedo into LCD box and then power on with LiPo battery and switch? I'm still cautious.

Cheers!
AS I said you must have the speedy turned on and plugged in, that is the way the PC and ESC communicate.

No problems with my computer doing this at all.
Old 07-23-2010, 01:38 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by bjspinner
AS I said you must have the speedy turned on and plugged in, that is the way the PC and ESC communicate.

No problems with my computer doing this at all.
Just tried this thanks and I can now access the ESC OK, cheers for that. Sorry for asking twice, just hadnt seen it mentioned explicitly and I have recently bought a rather new expensive PC!

Originally Posted by cherry2blost
My tutorial videos may help, they take 15 minutes between them but I think they will answer your question matey.

Part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUKMoGvRJZY

Part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOCFkCwBlrQ

Trust me its fine been doing this stuff for ages it won't blow you laptop.

Hope it helps

Cherry xx
Thanks Cherry, I had watched each video a number of times and found them very useful for identifying the different settings and flashing the LCD box firmware twice etc... so if I ever bump into you remind me that I owe you a beer!

However, I dont recall that either video mentions whether the battery should be plugged in and the car switched on when hooked up to the PC, although I could be mistaken.

Thanks for taking the time to help everyone out with your vids!
Old 07-23-2010, 02:03 AM
Tech Addict

Just tried this thanks and I can now access the ESC OK, cheers for that. Sorry for asking twice, just hadnt seen it mentioned explicitly and I have recently bought a rather new expensive PC!

Thanks Cherry, I had watched each video a number of times and found them very useful for identifying the different settings and flashing the LCD box firmware twice etc... so if I ever bump into you remind me that I owe you a beer!

However, I dont recall that either video mentions whether the battery should be plugged in and the car switched on when hooked up to the PC, although I could be mistaken.

Thanks for taking the time to help everyone out with your vids!
LOL you're welcome, when I can find a clear afternoon am gonna do updated video, keeping it below 10 minutes for the whole and will add in the bits and bobs people have mentioned.

Happy Hobbywinging
Old 07-23-2010, 05:50 AM
Tech Adept

LOL you're welcome, when I can find a clear afternoon am gonna do updated video, keeping it below 10 minutes for the whole and will add in the bits and bobs people have mentioned.

Happy Hobbywinging
Sure, I think the videos are very good and in no way meant it as a criticism but I notice that on other forums there are a few other people as thick as me who had the same question so maybe worth including it.

Will look forward to the next video!
Old 07-23-2010, 09:13 AM
Tech Regular

Hi all,

I need your help,newbie here. what is the best setting for the esc using the program card? Im confused especially with the drag brake, initial brake and brake force.

Im using ezrun 60A 5.5T for touring...

Thanks
Old 07-26-2010, 03:57 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by darrenoakley
Hey chaps just wondering if there is any difference between the 60a SD and the 60a SL244. The spec looks the same apart from in the picture the later has a fan.
Thanks in advance guys
and i am still trying to find an answer for that.
please anyone can clarify this.
thanks
Old 07-26-2010, 02:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default 120A vs 60A dimensions

Hi,

I would like to know if the 120A XERUN is the same in dimensions as the 60A XERUN.

I just purchased the 120A XERUN, however the fit in my F104 is a little too tight and I'm thinking of purchasing another 60A XERUN.

On the site, the dimensions are actually identical. Is that accurate?

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tmkhaw
Hi,

I would like to know if the 120A XERUN is the same in dimensions as the 60A XERUN.

I just purchased the 120A XERUN, however the fit in my F104 is a little too tight and I'm thinking of purchasing another 60A XERUN.

Thanks in advance.
I've got both the 120A and 60A versions, and yes they are the same size.

-Jeff
Old 07-26-2010, 11:19 PM
Tech Elite

The new Xtreme has a smaller footprint but not sure who has them instock yet.
Old 07-27-2010, 02:01 AM
Tech Regular

Hi,

Thanks in advance.
Alternatively, do you think I could run the ESC without the fan? I'm running a TP 17.5 motor and using the 528 s/w.

What should be a safe operating temperature limit for the ESC?
Old 07-27-2010, 03:14 AM
Tech Addict

Alternatively, do you think I could run the ESC without the fan? I'm running a TP 17.5 motor and using the 528 s/w.

What should be a safe operating temperature limit for the ESC?
We run 10.5's without the fan using 528 is no problem so far.
Old 07-27-2010, 03:36 AM
Tech Addict

We run 10.5's without the fan using 528 is no problem so far.
I confirm, with 10.5 not use the fan and no problem with teperature environments high (30/35 ° C)
Old 07-28-2010, 12:06 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by AGNO
I confirm, with 10.5 not use the fan and no problem with teperature environments high (30/35 ° C)
Hi,

Thank you very much guys.

So keeping the ESC in 30-35°C range should be safe? I am running in tropical climate, so still feel some reluctance to remove the fan.

The fan is actually quite loud, seem to be louder compared to other brands.

Out of curiosity, will we have longer run time by removing the fan?

Thanks.
Old 07-28-2010, 03:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hi anyone can advice what final drive for a 9.5 brushless on a buggy with the tubro software.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.