Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
XERUN V2.0 Brushless ESC discussion thread. >

XERUN V2.0 Brushless ESC discussion thread.

XERUN V2.0 Brushless ESC discussion thread.

Old 12-23-2009, 10:00 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Born2Run
Try V1.10_090312a_T with the 17.5
Ok thank you, I've never tried but now I'll try.
What do you think of Speedpassion software for stocks? Have you tried?
Old 12-23-2009, 12:12 PM
Tech Elite

312 software runs great in 17.5 but the SP stock software is looking very promising.
Old 12-24-2009, 04:46 AM
Tech Addict

I would first point out the excellent repair service offered to me by Hobbywing the repair of one of my Xeru 120 was very good and fast!
Now the question: how can one know which software to use based on the type of motor or equal engine performance differences offer?
Old 12-24-2009, 10:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

where do you get the software programs for the speed passion and hobbywing esc's??

I would guess you need the LCD programmer to put them into the esc??
Old 12-24-2009, 10:33 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nikos2002
where do you get the software programs for the speed passion and hobbywing esc's??

I would guess you need the LCD programmer to put them into the esc??
Yes you need the lcd programmer.
The SP software is under a downloads tab found on the esc page.
Hobbywing software is on the lcd programmers page on there website.
Old 12-24-2009, 09:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Is there a way to tell the difference in the software programs? Is it a "feel" thing or are there specs out there somewhere?
Old 12-24-2009, 11:44 PM
Tech Addict

New software updates from Hobbywing.I don't know if it worths to dowload it

Old 12-25-2009, 01:08 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nikos2002
Is there a way to tell the difference in the software programs? Is it a "feel" thing or are there specs out there somewhere?
The only way you will know how different the software is, is to try them.
For stock 312 is really nice and 205g/323 works well for mod.

At the end of the day only trying them out will make you see what benefits your driving style, however if you not putting down consistant lap times the software is not going to help you.
Old 01-01-2010, 04:11 AM
Tech Addict

New software updates from Hobbywing after 5 days.I assume without "turbo function".Hobbywing wake up!!!!!
Old 01-01-2010, 04:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Born2Run
New software updates from Hobbywing after 5 days.I assume without "turbo function".Hobbywing wake up!!!!!
looks like they removed 312 and a few other older versions and have added a new 218.
Also a new update for the LCD programmer itself.
good thing i still have my old versions stored so i can go back and forth.
Old 01-01-2010, 09:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Copied from Speed Passion Thread...

Hi Just thought I would let you know how helpful I have found this thread, have updated my HW LCD Unit to 1.32 and my 120SD to the 110 software and oh boy it is awesome, there is a defined step in the throttle as it hits max revs and as such it sounds (and goes) like an SPX have it on a largish carpet track (Maritime in Kent) and have set the gearing on Phantom Ion Pro 10.5 at 6.29 FDR down from 5.26 on standard software and this thing keeps spooling up, may have to consider dropping the FDR towards 7.0 as judging by current (outdoor) testing the motor is still accellerating at the braking zone. Thanks HW /KG / SP whoever for the great software.

Basically all I have done is Flash the LCD Programmer with the Speed Passion Ver 1.32 Software, funnily enough, as soon as you do this the start up welcome screen on the programmer then reads Speed Passion V1.02??

Using the 1.32 software has opened up the latest "Stock" profiles which show up there. Having run the car with the NEW 110 Speedpassion Software installed on the Exerun 120A SD, I have now got a car that is able to keep up with the SPX's against whom we run. This is a radical piece of software and introduces a two stage profile which acts very much like an SPX Turbo feature. The Car has mountains of 'Rip' out of corners and just keeps spooling up as you hit full throttle. I have been unable to top the car out yet on a fairly large tarmac area that I use for testing purposes. However it is ONLY advised for motors ABOVE 9.5T ie 10.5, 13.5, 17.5 etc.
Remeber though that you do this at your own risk, to me it was worth the chance of Bricking an ESC to gain the benefits of a hugely more expensive model.

As stated elsewhere upon opening up the software profiles on the PC interface gives us a Hardware model HW427_01, when you look at the Speed Passion website there are info videos on how to set up the programming if you look carefully in the video at the Hardware version of the SP ESC they are working on then you will see HW427_01. Now I am not big on conspiracies but on my friends original SP GT it actually says "Speed Passion by Hobbywing".

It is my understanding that King Gold have exclusive distro rights outside of China but that HW sell under their own name in China, that is why we are able to buy from HK shops with impunity.

My buddy just bought a new Blue Exerun 120 SD for £70 inc shipping to the UK and this mystifies me because an SP GT2 Pro in the UK is close to £180. Call me old fashioned but that £110 is better in my pocket than in a Distributors.

If anybody wants the software I have the required stuff and if you fell like PM'ing me I will post it to some hosting so as to be able to download.

Happy Hobbywinging.
Old 01-01-2010, 01:16 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by razzor
looks like they removed 312 and a few other older versions and have added a new 218.
I just re-downloaded version 1.6 but the software did not find 218 and there is still the 312.
How did you get this update?
Old 01-01-2010, 01:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by AGNO
I just re-downloaded version 1.6 but the software did not find 218 and there is still the 312.
How did you get this update?
opened my 1.6 software and the update popped up and i let it update.
You can download it from there website.
If no luck pm me and i can email it to you.

The update has a esc update and a LCD programmer update.
Old 01-01-2010, 02:06 PM
Tech Addict

opened my 1.6 software and the update popped up and i let it update.
You can download it from there website.
If no luck pm me and i can email it to you.

The update has a esc update and a LCD programmer update.

Yes I too had opened a window update but the installation did not work, so I Reinstalling the program but now tells me that you do not need the update.
If you can send me e-mail
Old 01-01-2010, 03:46 PM
Tech Addict

No,they didn't removed the 312. 218 and 312 are still present in the two last software updates.At the SP thread they are talking about 107 and 110 software versions and i don't see them in the HW updates.So far i was thinking both using the same software.But the don't :-(

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.