Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
XERUN V2.0 Brushless ESC discussion thread. >

XERUN V2.0 Brushless ESC discussion thread.

XERUN V2.0 Brushless ESC discussion thread.

Old 05-10-2010, 08:36 AM
Tech Adept

Hobbywing,

Is there any way i can change the LiPo cutoff type from it's just cutting the car dead?

If not do you have plans to change this in future updates?

Cheers
Mark
Old 05-10-2010, 08:54 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by gixer
Hobbywing,

Is there any way i can change the LiPo cutoff type from it's just cutting the car dead?

Cheers
Mark
Does you car stop running immediately when the LVC activated?

I check the user manual, it says: The ESC detects the battery’s voltage at any time, if the voltage is lower than the threshold for 2 seconds, the output power will be reduced 70%, after 10 seconds the output power will be completely shut off.
That means you have 10 seconds to move your car at the side of track to avoid being knocked by other cars.

So what happened with your ESC? Please advice, thanks!
Old 05-10-2010, 10:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

How is Hobbywing with their warranty? I lost power to the fan terminal after the race. The esc/fan still works, just no power there. I still finished podium and was able to run head to head with the _ekins. Is it ok to run with out the fan? I plan to use this only for stock applications(with the supercharged SW).
Old 05-10-2010, 12:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by inpuressa
How is Hobbywing with their warranty? I lost power to the fan terminal after the race. The esc/fan still works, just no power there. I still finished podium and was able to run head to head with the _ekins. Is it ok to run with out the fan? I plan to use this only for stock applications(with the supercharged SW).
the warranty is no problem as long as you have your documentation . you would need to run the fan. or the ESC has a chance to overheat a very simple mod is to solder on a old servo lead to the fans posative and negative wires you can then run the fan of your reciever box via the batt socket or a spare channel this gives a constant 6 volts to the fan then you can run a 3s lipo with out upgrading the fan here is a not very good pic sorry this is of the ezrun 60a but the same princeiple applys to the xerun series hope this helps
Old 05-10-2010, 12:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hobbywing
As a manufacturer, we must comply the rules of ROAR and other big racing organizations. So we will make some changes with the SW.

BTW, we will also release a specially designed new ESC without timing ajustment function, that is so called a "real stock ESC". Hobbywing will call it "STOCK CLUB SPEC" or "JUST STOCK" ESC. The new photo will soon be shown on the forum.

Rule alwayse changes, so does Hobbywing. We need to follow the rule change day and day.
Unfortunately that is the reality.
For now though the supercharge software will still be used by non ROAR sanctioned bodies around the world untill such time these bodies see that this is the way forward.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:40 PM
Tech Adept

Questions?? hobbywing vs speed passion

I want a new speedo after being totally outpowered all day yesterday. I was thinking of the speed passion gt pro, but a friend told me that but for the different casing and stickers the hobbywing is the same speedo. Is that correct or not?
Old 05-10-2010, 01:55 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by hobbywing
Does you car stop running immediately when the LVC activated?

I check the user manual, it says: The ESC detects the battery’s voltage at any time, if the voltage is lower than the threshold for 2 seconds, the output power will be reduced 70%, after 10 seconds the output power will be completely shut off.
That means you have 10 seconds to move your car at the side of track to avoid being knocked by other cars.

So what happened with your ESC? Please advice, thanks!
Now you mention it i did notice the car was a little slower before the cut out kicked in, thing is i use my car mainly for drifting so out and out power isn't really used most the time.
But i'd still bet good money the power drop wasn't 70%.

Are you sure the power drop isn't 30% and the car runs at 70%?

Still either way this really helps because at least now i know i have 10 seconds to park the car out of the way somewhere before it cuts out.

If it is possible then it would be great if the next software release could drop the power to say 20% for 30 secs.
This way at least i can get the car back to me.

I would have thought most people are running LiPo's these days, but it seems so far i'm the only person having prods with th LVC.
Come on guys surely others are having probs with the LVC?

Cheers
Mark
Old 05-10-2010, 02:09 PM
Tech Elite

Now you mention it i did notice the car was a little slower before the cut out kicked in, thing is i use my car mainly for drifting so out and out power isn't really used most the time.
But i'd still bet good money the power drop wasn't 70%.

Are you sure the power drop isn't 30% and the car runs at 70%?

Still either way this really helps because at least now i know i have 10 seconds to park the car out of the way somewhere before it cuts out.

If it is possible then it would be great if the next software release could drop the power to say 20% for 30 secs.
This way at least i can get the car back to me.

I would have thought most people are running LiPo's these days, but it seems so far i'm the only person having prods with th LVC.
Come on guys surely others are having probs with the LVC?

Cheers
Mark

I had it happen to me once when running in the modified class.
Other than that occassion i charge after a race and never run the battery till the voltage cutoff.
Run the voltage cutoff at 3.2v that way you have some insurance when running the battery flat. also the cutoff comes on you will notice a drop in performance and the car can be driven off the track or back to the pits with no issue or complete cutoff unless its voltage is closer or below 3v per cell.
Old 05-10-2010, 02:13 PM
Tech Adept

ok settings for 422. tight/technical indoor on carpet. sp gt2.0 pro, sp13.5 ultrasportsman feigro v1, interlect ip 5000/35c, cyclone wce, fdr 7.921, motor temp after 5.5min 65degrees
1-1
2-1
3-3
4-9
5-4
6-1
7-2
8-1
9-8
10-1
12-9
13-2
14-3
15-2
no faults. exellent rip, stunning acceleration/top end. 3rd in the A. beating tekins and gms. cant see how it can be improved.
downloaded the cirtix interface, love the look of the rev counter style dials. is that going to be the only difference between hw and sp?
Old 05-10-2010, 02:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

i think a lot of the issues with the lvc also comes from the cheaper lipo on the market today also as mention setting the cut of to the correct setting myself normally use 3.2 volt i did have a problem with some turnigy lipo and the lvc was cutting in very soon but once i balanced the lipo the problem whent away i balance the lipo every second run now and have no problems
Old 05-10-2010, 02:34 PM
Tech Adept

I don't really have the time to recharge my batteries back up to the storage voltage when i return home.
So my LVC is set at 3.7v/cell that then gives around 3.8v/cell by the time i'm home which is the ideal storage voltage.

Cheers
Mark
Old 05-10-2010, 09:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Anyone know where I might be able to buy a replacement fan for the 60A?
Old 05-11-2010, 01:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by unsp0ken
Anyone know where I might be able to buy a replacement fan for the 60A?
iam sure there are lots of different fans you could use such as those from computer graphicks cards but here is the official replacment .. thanks . http://www.hobbywing.com/english/Art...?ArticleID=406
Old 05-11-2010, 02:06 AM
Tech Elite

Hobbywing,

Cheers
Mark
Mark

please let me know what battery you are using and what c rating ?c rating is very important to the esc's as cheap lipos and some others are not really the c rating they state .

Can i ask you something else when the car cuts out if you push the car physically and pull down on the throttle does it start up again ?? like a jump start??

regards ANgelo
Old 05-11-2010, 02:26 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
Mark

please let me know what battery you are using and what c rating ?c rating is very important to the esc's as cheap lipos and some others are not really the c rating they state .

Can i ask you something else when the car cuts out if you push the car physically and pull down on the throttle does it start up again ?? like a jump start??

regards ANgelo
Hi Angelo,

I use various batteries from 20C to 40C.
To be honest though mate i really do not see how the C rating has any effect on the LVC

As i say the car is only cutting out when the LVC is reached on both my XeRun and Ezrun Esc's.

Hobbywing have said this is normal and the cars should run slightly slower for 10 sec before the LVC stops the car dead.

I am asking if there is anything i can do to adjust the type of LVC?
I do not want my cars to stop dead when the LVC is reached.
My MMP applies a momentary cut out to the motor so it's extremely obvious the LVC has kicked in BUT it allows you to drive the car back to you or into the pits.

When i am competing it's no major problem as i tend to swap in a or top up my battery charge between each race.

But for practice and bashing especially when i'm bashing off road it's not really obvious that the LVC is going to kick in and even if it is 10 seconds is not enough time to get the car back into the pits.

I'm pretty sure Hobbywing will have purchased a Esc for each competitor so it might be worth them trying the MMP LVC as i personally believe it's a better LVC.

Cheers
Mark

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.