Search

KO Digital Progrmable servo

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2004, 12:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default KO Digital Progrmable servo

KO PDS-2343

what do they mean when they say its programable? what things can you program to make it better?

I have a futaba T3pk and I wanted to know if KO was superior, specially their servos. I am shopping for electronics for a new car kit i am building.

my choices are between this KO and an S9451 (I want digital for my steering)

Thanks
Old 01-13-2004, 02:49 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: KO Digital Progrmable servo

You can program the endpoints, speed, etc. but you need to buy their programmer in order to do those things. The real value (imo) of a FET servo is the precision and speed of it. Once you try a FET servo, you won't use anything else. I would actually recommend going with the 2123 since it's faster and runs off of 7.2V rather than 6V from the receiver's power. There is an extra blue wire that you attach to the blue wire on your esc, if you have one, or the + power lead on the esc, if you don't. It has the same programming features, just 7.2V.

I own many Futaba, KO, Hitec and Airtronics servos of various models. The only ones I use as steering servos are KO PDS2143 (old version of the one you're asking about,) 2343 or 2123. In my area, KO servos are also a bit less expensive than Futaba. I hope that helps.
Old 01-13-2004, 09:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

thanks for your answer