Wiki Posts
Search

Third leg of the Triple Crown Champs

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2004, 05:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Third leg of the Triple Crown Champs

Does anyone know the schedule for the race days? Is it practice on Friday, stock on Saturday, and Mod on Sunday?

This is the race at RC Madness in Enfield, CT this weekend. Flyer only says that it is 16, 17, and 18. Says nothing on how the race is run. Their site is www.rcmadness.com

tia,
Tim
Old 01-12-2004, 06:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

first qual is friday night..........
Old 01-12-2004, 07:18 PM
Tech Adept

I'm going to go up on Saturday to check out the racing action
Old 01-13-2004, 05:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)
Default USTC

Ill be there sporting a new ride. I cant wait to hit the carpet. I ll be running the new Corally Assassin. Unfortunatley the new Mi2, is not available, and I needed a car, and now I think have found a keeper. it should be a interesting weekend. Ill be there late Fri nite, missing the first round of qualifying. Hopefully CHris, the owner of RC madness will allow some practice after qualifying.
Corey whats up dude. Cant wait to race!
Old 01-13-2004, 06:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I will be on hand to help out around the pits for the weekend.......... Since I dont have a sedan. lol
Old 01-18-2004, 10:59 PM
Tech Adept

from the CRC forum.....

The CRC 1/12th laid the whips this weekend at the Triple Crown race in Connecticut at R/C Madness winning and T.Q. ing both 1/12th stock and Modified.

In stock, Dominant Dayger was awesome, winning all four rounds of qualifying taking the T.Q. position. The main appeared to be a mere formality with Jeff's domination, however, as Jeff luck would have it this year, he ran into trouble early and it seemed to get only worse as the main wore on. Jeff leads the Triple Crown in the 12th Stock division.

Meanwhile, Mark Calandra, celebrated his birthday weekend in style by driving an AWESOME main. Mark took the win and his first Triple Crown A-main. Mark's CRC Carpet Knife was very quick, posting solid lap times, by no means "backing" into the victory. In fact, Mark lapped the field. Happy Birthday!

Also, a big Congrats goes out to Brian Wynn for a career-best 3rd place in the 1/12th A-stock final. Brian was struggling to stay in the A-main, clawing his Carpet Knife into 10th qualifying position. In the main, he quietly snuck around, staying clean and grabbing a solid 3rd. Great Run!

A total of 6 CRC cars made the A-main in stock.

In modified, Mike "McMoney" McMahon was on the money all weekend. Mike built his new CRC T-Fource the week before and was unstoppable from the first round. Mike was able to T.Q. and win the A-modified main even though he was racing on his main competitor's "home" track. His Orion powered CRC T-Fource looked dialed all weekend.
Old 01-19-2004, 06:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

12th stock: Dayger was VERY fast in 12th stock, although had Mark Smyka had a little more power and the both of them a clean race, i doubt it would have turned out the same, lol.

Sedan stock: Mark Smyka won beating TQ Alex Lopez

Sedan Mod: Eric Desrosiers won from TQ

12th Mod: McMoney dumped at the end and Eric Desrosiers lost by .03 of a second. Mike's car was dialed though.

It was a great weekend of racing and Chris Marcy and all of his crew from R/C Madness put on an amazing show.
Old 01-19-2004, 07:58 AM
Tech Addict

Wanted to thank Chris and the rest of the crew for an awesome weeknd of racing.Cant wait to return to the madness.

Alex Lopez
Old 01-19-2004, 02:59 PM
Tech Master

i would just like to clear some thing up right now. yes the start of the main was ruff by no mean did i hit anyone on purpuse but i did go for the inside line and me and alex did hit and i am sorry for that but it is racing. so if anyone thinks i did just because they are wrong. i saw a opening and went for it that is all that happened

mark smkya
Old 01-19-2004, 03:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Mark, it's just toy cars, it's just toy cars.. ha ha ha..

Alex, shoot me an e-mail I lost yours... [email protected]
Old 01-19-2004, 05:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by smyka
i would just like to clear some thing up right now. yes the start of the main was ruff by no mean did i hit anyone on purpuse but i did go for the inside line and me and alex did hit and i am sorry for that but it is racing. so if anyone thinks i did just because they are wrong. i saw a opening and went for it that is all that happened

mark smkya
I wasn't there, but I don't think Smyka could even see his car. I'm sure he could barely see his nose after sticking 15 packs of gum in his mouth before the main.
Old 01-19-2004, 10:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Post Fair is Fair

This can all be settled at the Birds..

I hope that after the Birds if another driver "saw a opening and went for it " that it would be viewed in the same light and not retaliation or a take-out. Racing is what it is....Racing. If you see an opportunity you go for it. For the record, I understand that there was quite a bit of pin balling going on at the Madness.
Old 01-20-2004, 05:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Congrats to Smyka, Eric D, Mark Calandra and the ever awesome MCMONEY!!
Old 01-20-2004, 08:55 AM
Tech Master

thats funny mike i must say i only had one piece this time not the whole pack
Old 01-20-2004, 09:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Man, you can just feel the love in here!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.