Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HPI Pro 4

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 08:46 AM
Tech Adept

Default HPI Pro 4

hey guys , i searched this and there no thread for the PRO 4, im thinking about buying one used, and was just curious if this would be a stable platform to race with at my LHS not hard core Pro racing but just club racing on the weekends here and there..??

Thanks
Old 07-12-2009, 08:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

It really is still a great car, especially in stock. Just be sure you can still get enough parts to keep it going.
Also check out the Pro 4 thread. Lots of info about the car there.
Old 07-12-2009, 11:16 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

root around, that thread is around here - it took me a bit of time to find it! I did a lot of reading up on the car recently as I was considering picking one up. The general concensus is that it is still a competitive car as long as you are running stock or spec (17.5 or 21.5). A lot of the parts are still available as well (I think even through Tower), and the suspension parts are the same as the cyclone. I've got an inquiry in to buy one too, but haven't heard back from the seller as its a slightly older thread...
Old 07-12-2009, 11:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I'm running a Pro4 in Vintage Trans Am. Great car, easy to work on, parts are somewhat easy to find. The only thing i'm having trouble tracking down is the camber link mounts that go on top of the gear box. #73115 or something like that. There is a carbon fiber replacement out there, but the part number is the whole gear box assembly as well, top and bottom halves. So be careful to not break those.

Other than that, pay attention to your weight balance with the Lipo, it's a little heavy to the right.

And don't forget to swap out your diff screw with the AE TC3 diff screw assembly. The HPI will break on you. Plus i've been super gluing the washer closest to the head of the screw. I think that washer spins and wears through the screw. No problems with that in about 8 outings. (Knock on wood.)
Old 07-13-2009, 03:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hpimichael
hey guys , i searched this and there no thread for the PRO 4, im thinking about buying one used, and was just curious if this would be a stable platform to race with at my LHS not hard core Pro racing but just club racing on the weekends here and there..??

Thanks
Your signature says you own a Pro4, why are you asking about buying one used? Where do you live anyways?
Old 07-13-2009, 04:58 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hpimichael

Thanks
found it on the 2nd or 3rd page http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...i-pro-4-a.html