Ask Todd Hodge..aka "Hodgimoto"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ask Todd Hodge..aka "Hodgimoto"

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2004, 02:40 PM
TLRacing

nitrokid-Is it for a steel turnbuckle or a titanium turnbuckle? If it is for a titanium turnbuckle you should be able to buy one at your LHS.
Old 09-15-2004, 03:03 PM
Tech Regular

Finally got my order yesterday (white, blue and green springs along with the black belt kit). Currently I have purple springs up front, blue rear, otherwise stock. I did lengthen the front shocks about a half turn and the rears two turns. Also adjusted the rear collars about a half turn on the rear from full lock. Getting some understeer from using the blue springs most likely. But I'm learning.

I could tell the belt kit made some big changes in accelleration, and braking. Before, I could just release the throttle and have the car brake instantly. I actually have to apply brakes now in order to drive the way I was. Infact, I'm going to have to up the brake power somewhat on my ESC. Just because I can't slow down quick enough, and just backing off doesn't help. Nice Job Losi! I did have the belt skip a little more in the turns than I wanted, but a minor tension adj solved that, since I was running it a little on the looser side.

I'm planning on trying it out on the local carpet track Saturday. Can't race yet. They scheduled the races on the Saturday nights I work. But I'll get to practice for a few hours before I have to go. Hopefully when the winter series comes, I'll have a little more input on the race days, and I'll be ready. Or I'll take an occasional Saturday off.

I actually have some of the local people interested now. They are watching me run the car. Wouldn't be surprised if they get a TC for Christmas or Bday whichever comes first.
Old 09-15-2004, 03:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

it is the black one what can i get a tool do you have a part number
Old 09-15-2004, 08:00 PM
TLRacing

nitro kid-Just email me with your address at [email protected] and I will send you one.

wcoyote-Sounds like your doing well....right on!!
Old 09-15-2004, 08:07 PM
Tech Elite

you have mail
Old 09-15-2004, 08:08 PM
Tech Elite

Default turnbuckles

hi the a-6030 do not work for me if you have a other one send it out thank
Old 09-15-2004, 08:14 PM
TLRacing

nitrokid-What car is this for....a XXX-s RTR??
Old 09-15-2004, 08:15 PM
Tech Elite

yes i hop you can help me out i do not want to buy new one
Old 09-15-2004, 08:23 PM
Tech Rookie

Post Shock Limiters.

Hi Todd. do you have some pic about use limiter inside and outside for adjust droop. im not understand about it.
Thank todd.
Old 09-16-2004, 03:28 PM
Tech Regular

Yeah Todd thing are going well. I'll probably have to switch to 19T class since hardly anyone runs modified on the track. No big D. I'll still practice on there with my 16T until I get the 19T. At least it will be semi-close to the speed I'll be expecting. A lot better than trying to go from 12T to 19T. Maybe the setups won't vary as much too.

Any ideas on a good starting final drive ratio for the 19T on a medium size carpet track? I don't have the dementions yet sorry. I only mentioned final drive ratio because I'm using the stock 48P spur. If I have to, I'll go for the 64P. I'll have to buy spurs and pinions if I do, since I have nothing in 64P.

I'm curious about the shock oil too. What seems to be the most common weight you use on medium to high grip carpet? I'm not sure if the stock kit oil will be heavy enough.
Old 09-16-2004, 07:29 PM
Tech Master

Hi, I was wondering if you guys have tried cutting every other tooth on the belt? What are your thoughts on this one? Any advantage? Does this apply to the new Black belt too? Thanks
Old 09-17-2004, 02:14 AM
Tech Adept

I have done it, but I can't see much a difference.
With the yellow yes, but with the black one ...
Old 09-17-2004, 03:25 PM
Tech Regular

I have also heard many people doing this on the yellow belts. I haven't tried it myself. I have been running the black belt and I can see a major difference in the two without modifications. From what I have heard the black belt is still better than the modified yellow. I haven't seen too many people wanting to modify their black belts after seeing the performance advantage in just the changeover between the two types. At least the kit keeps the mounting holes for the yellow belt if you ever feel the need to change back. After trying it out, I'm not sure why I would do that.
Old 09-17-2004, 07:38 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by nitro kid
yes i hop you can help me out i do not want to buy new one
Old 09-19-2004, 12:02 AM
TLRacing

Nibble-It is very easy. We use plastic spacers inside the shock between the piston and the shock cartridge to limit downtravel of the shock. On the outside of the shock we use the same plastic spacers to limit the uptravel of the shock.

FatboyJoe-yes you can do this on the black belt too.

utracer-WORD !!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.